Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

we've all been there - somebody says something is bad and you want to tell them to turn their monitor on. or they're having computer problems and you almost ask them if they've tried the age old solution of loving and cumming in their computer, but you remember the work chat is not YOSPOS, so you sadly have to restrain yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
closest I’ve got is using iirc in a chat and the other person not knowing what it meant

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

started typing :madmax: into teams once

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
actually "throw your computer in the river and live out the remainder of your life as a hermit in the forest" was surprisingly well-recieved

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

one time I said I would fake my death and move to belize, and there were many lols

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
ive put 'i canht eat ur ghost chups' in chat before

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i introduced coworkers to the phrase “computer touching”

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i had so many SA smileys in our work slack and we were able to get a report of what was the most used smiley and it was

:negative:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

old job saw :hmmyes: and :hmmno: spread like wildfire

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i had so many SA smileys in our work slack and we were able to get a report of what was the most used smiley and it was

:negative:

found out which of my old coworkers were goons by cross-referencing sa emoticons against our work slack custom emojis

spoiler alert they were the coworkers I could have predicted were goons

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Silver Alicorn posted:

closest I’ve got is using iirc in a chat and the other person not knowing what it meant

i also used iirc a lot thinking it was a well known thing and i guess i was wrong about that

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Dijkstracula posted:

found out which of my old coworkers were goons by cross-referencing sa emoticons against our work slack custom emojis

spoiler alert they were the coworkers I could have predicted were goons

i uploaded a lot of SA emojis to my office slack :ohdear:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

post hole digger posted:

i uploaded a lot of SA emojis to my office slack :ohdear:

same but then we switched to teams and it's awful

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Someone on chat posting about its exciting that SpaceX is launching another Starship3 test today, had to bite back that an unexploded product was off-brand etc.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we had a cars channel where all the rich fucks posted their rarris and wacky rich dude cars but then it just became tesla chat and i left

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

my team is all product managers op. they’re not goons

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

my team is all product managers op. they’re not goons

well its like they say, if you look at your team's slack channel membership list and cant identify the goon, youre the goon.

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
going red in the face trying to resist trying to tell my boss not to sign his posts

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I have to stop myself pretty frequently before saying "sigma balls" and "CDeez nuts"

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
my one colleague literally uses the same avatar on SA and work slack. yes, I’m sure it’s the same person. no, I will in no way acknowledge that I am a goon and know that.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

i do quite often want to post SA emojis in chats or messages, but I can’t even find them here most of the time. like what’s the one with the broken toothed smile?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
do not out yourself as a goon. hide your shame

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i was encouraged to join SA by a coworker back in 2007. he mostly only ever posted in tviv though.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

shitface posted:

i do quite often want to post SA emojis in chats or messages, but I can’t even find them here most of the time. like what’s the one with the broken toothed smile?

:wmwink: ?

smilies are now indexed by keywords and easily searchable on their page. try it today!

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

and of course people whined about it because the smilie tooltips used to be full of stupid in-jokes

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

graph posted:

:wmwink: ?

smilies are now indexed by keywords and easily searchable on their page. try it today!

not in the iOS awful app at least. it really is… *struggles to find the appropriate smiley for 10 mins in a list with no titles and weird duplicates and gives up*… AWFUL :rimshot:

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

shitface posted:

not in the iOS awful app at least. it really is… *struggles to find the appropriate smiley for 10 mins in a list with no titles and weird duplicates and gives up*… AWFUL :rimshot:

i thought it was just mine that was hosed up somehow with all the duplicates

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
it’s dumb and bad

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

polyester concept posted:

i thought it was just mine that was hosed up somehow with all the duplicates

I recall reading that deleting the app and reinstalling it will fix that. It's gone on mine since I changed phones, at any rate. But yeah, I definitely remember the strange effect of scrolling down the list increasing a multiplier for how many times each one appeared.

blink polyfill
Feb 29, 2020

being in a second shitposting slack chat on your work computer and have that immediate bolt of fear shoot through you when you hit enter, and you're not quite sure into which #general you just posted "hitting that from the back like it was the second tower"

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

whenever i have a risky gif or something copied to my clipboard I’ve gotten into the habit of copying something else afterwards so i don’t accidentally paste it in a work channel

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the kids at work are all running this multi clipboard program thingamabob that thumbnails them all and shows them on screen when you cmd-v and man i'd be fired in like one day

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

blink polyfill posted:

being in a second shitposting slack chat on your work computer and have that immediate bolt of fear shoot through you when you hit enter, and you're not quite sure into which #general you just posted "hitting that from the back like it was the second tower"

lol

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i have just ordered a gaudy gilded frame in which i plan to put the "computers must shut the gently caress up" meme image and put on my office wall. i work in ai (well, theoretical cs, but i am not stupid enough to leave money on the table), and it might be a career mistake, but i just keep agreeing with the sentiment more and more.

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
if someone in work chat said something that was actually funny i think i would enter a fugue state

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
one time a designer forgot he was sharing his desktop and alt-tabbed over to his slack workspace 'Slack Sluts'. thats my slack story

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
“YOSPOS WHORES”

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

“YOSPOS WHORES”

YOSPWHORES BITHC

tsk, I never got around to registering yosp.horse when there was a deal on those new weird TLDs

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

i've smuggled a fair few sa smiles into work slack but curiously :hmmyes: was already there

i think i have a goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

well-read undead posted:

i've smuggled a fair few sa smiles into work slack but curiously :hmmyes: was already there

i think i have a goon

if you see one goon you likely have dozens hiding in your org chart