Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

R.D. Mangles posted:

thabeet owned in college!

He was just tall.

Clingan is at least a good shooter- and doesn’t fall on his head in a way that makes me :ohdear: four times a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Once again, someone goes to Purdue to get the gently caress out of Indiana. The weekends are for the library and not for frivolous things like sports.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's too bad uconn fans are such nasty assholes who don't deserve the amount of success their team has.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ok that was def an elbow by Edey to to the other guys gace

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Boring winner. :sigh:

At least Painter got that Final Four monkey off his back

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The game never felt like a blowout and yet UConn's gonna win by 20.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

R.D. Mangles posted:

i am rooting for purdue to lose to uconn by more points than northwestern did, not to be rude

But you were already predestined to make more money than a Purdue grad.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Glad that Iowa put up more of a fight and a better overall game than Purdue, have fun on Toronto’s g-league team Edey

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Since I haven't watched much bball in the last two decades, how does this Uconn team stack up against their other ones? They seem unbeatable and adaptable

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Literally no one on Purdue can score. They just looking to edey and he’s not good enough tonight.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Frustration foul.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

without Edey, Purdue is 8-of-25 from the field.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

trevorreznik posted:

Since I haven't watched much bball in the last two decades, how does this Uconn team stack up against their other ones? They seem unbeatable and adaptable

I don’t know much about their teams before 06 (when I went there and magically started caring about basketball) but this one makes even their Cinderella ‘11 and ‘14 teams look bad.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I will miss our Greatest Oaf

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

He was just tall.

Clingan is at least a good shooter- and doesn’t fall on his head in a way that makes me :ohdear: four times a game.

He's a pretty good perimeter defender too which is unusual in college bigs his age, and he's been great guarding the post this year which is valuable in the NBA now that centers Are Back.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

mcmagic posted:

It's too bad uconn fans are such nasty assholes who don't deserve the amount of success their team has.

I have a hard time caring about the state in general so all of this is fine to me

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Second half was a bummer with no drama. Oh well.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Poque posted:

I will miss our Greatest Oaf

painter has a hotline for every pituitary freak in the western hemisphere

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

painter has a hotline for every pituitary freak in the western hemisphere

We have a monster ginger Swede who appears occasionally, and I think some other ogre in the incoming class

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

whos that broooown posted:

I have a hard time caring about the state in general so all of this is fine to me

Is Connecticut really worse than Massachusetts?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Poque posted:

We have a monster ginger Swede who appears occasionally, and I think some other ogre in the incoming class

7'3, but only a shameful 230 pounds, and he has the temerity to shoot 3s.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

trevorreznik posted:

Probably their best one ever. They dominated the whole year from start to finish. Their other champions kind of came out of nowhere except for I guess the Okafor/Gordon one.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

lol what a doofus

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I feel like the only way to beat this UConn is team is with a team that shoots three's at a consciousless level and is willing to live and die by it. We're gonna shoot 35-40 of them and if we hit 40% and at least try on D we're gonna have a shot. Either that or an elite NBA guy goes full hero ball on them.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
God gently caress OFF Dan Hurley

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Full Collapse posted:

way worse

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Oh my God how did Hurley not get a tech for that

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Hurley is awful

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Dan Hurley seems like a big loving rear end in a top hat

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I know we've had a few close NCAA title games in recent years but it feels like they've all been like this somehow.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I never saw Hurley before now but I loathe him already

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

We just had a commercial break gently caress YOU PAINTER

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Purdue showing life? Don’t think there’s a comeback here, but UConn I think got lazy.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

Full Collapse posted:

It's basically a more boring, inoffensive version of Massachusetts

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

mcmagic posted:

way worse

Is CT filled with Massholes who think they’re New Yorkers?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Hurley is such a shithead

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It’s really incredible that Hurley manages to be the most insufferable rear end in a top hat in the entire tournament, a tournament in which Nate Oats made the final four

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

whos that broooown posted:

It's basically a more boring, inoffensive version of Massachusetts

This sounds nice. I hope everything east of Worcester falls into the Atlantic.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

mcmagic posted:

way worse

New jersey is not a credible source imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Full Collapse posted:

Is CT filled with Massholes who think they’re New Yorkers?

And lots of transplants from one to the other. I would know, I’m a New York-CT transplant