Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Good job Edey, you tried hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Poque posted:

It’s really incredible that Hurley manages to be the most insufferable rear end in a top hat in the entire tournament, a tournament in which Nate Oats made the final four

tom izzo did technically make the tournament this year

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Probably their best one ever. They dominated the whole year from start to finish. Their other champions kind of came out of nowhere except for I guess the Okafor/Gordon one.

'99 was 34-2, coming off a 32-5 team the year before, and had Rip Hamilton/Khalid El-Amin. '04 had Okafor/Ben Gordon/Charlie Villanueva and three other guys who made the league. '11 was Kemba going nuclear. '14 was a fluke, 32-8 and only Shabazz Napier.

Time will tell but I'd go '04, '99, and then these B2B teams way ahead of Kemba and '14.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

STOP CAALING TIMEOUTS YOU FUCKS

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

College sports are a sham and waste of money.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Hurley was literally 2 feet fully into the playing surface just then. wtf

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Edey gonna dunk the team to a loss by only 13 or so

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
this tournament really sucked. you can count the number of games with exciting finishes on 1 hand.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Fouling down 13 with 1:31 to go

This is why Purdue isn't the best engineering school in the Midwest, unable to do math under pressure

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
35 and 10 for Edey. Just got nothing from anyone else, except for a bit from Smith.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Excited to see UConn threepeat next year.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

trevorreznik posted:

Fouling down 13 with 1:31 to go

This is why Purdue isn't the best engineering school in the Midwest, unable to do math under pressure

It always went Michigan, Illinois, then Purdue.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

End of game airball is a fitting cap for this game

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

On the bright side UConn passes IU on the titles list.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Michigan because it’s too expensive and Illinois because it’s so selective. So the corn and methheads of Indiana are what’s left.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Full Collapse posted:

It always went Michigan, Illinois, then Purdue.

Please , let's stick to the facts

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

trevorreznik posted:

Since I haven't watched much bball in the last two decades, how does this Uconn team stack up against their other ones? They seem unbeatable and adaptable

Just saw a thing on the broadcast, biggest point diff in NCAA tournament history.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

PotatoJudge posted:

On the bright side UConn passes IU on the titles list.

Bobby Knight is dead and I’m happy about this.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
6 championships in 25 years is so insane

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Just saw a thing on the broadcast, biggest point diff in NCAA tournament history.

Good grief

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

trevorreznik posted:

Please , let's stick to the facts

I’m quoting ENGR 100 back from 2003. Things might be different now.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

trevorreznik posted:

6 championships in 25 years is so insane

And this is the only one after winning their conference?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/BryanDFischer/status/1777538693605068929

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I feel bad for Edey because I've enjoyed his turn from meek mannered babyface to "is this guy gonna turn heel? I think he might turn heel" guy (he's not a good guy, he's not a bad guy, he's THE guy, the big dog Zach Edey) this season but no one was beating Uconn this year.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
John "Cloud Botherer" Clingan

whos that broooown fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 9, 2024

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
https://youtu.be/YBl2SA0DpU8?si=ExmaVP3PdyDzx9DC

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

We added the wrong teams

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PotatoJudge posted:

And this is the only one after winning their conference?

Regular season or tourney? Kemba's team won the conference tourney.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Regular season or tourney? Kemba's team won the conference tourney.

I think regular season. I can't find the blurb that I think I saw, so maybe it's bullshit.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

FOR THE THIRD YEAR IN A ROW THE GARDEN STATE LAUGHS AS IT PRODUCES ANOTHER TO DENY PURDUE MARCH MADNESS GLORY

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
UConn the first overall #1 team to win since Louisville in '13, and for teams that didn't have their championship stripped Kentucky in '12.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

STING 64 posted:

FOR THE THIRD YEAR IN A ROW THE GARDEN STATE LAUGHS AS IT PRODUCES ANOTHER TO DENY PURDUE MARCH MADNESS GLORY

It’s not hard to dunk on the state of Indiana.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

good season of college basketball.

boo buie.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

R.D. Mangles posted:

good season of college basketball.

boo buie.

I hope Boo gets drafted by the Bulls and sucks.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Grats Husky goons

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
UConn's won 12 NCAA Tourny games in a row. If they make the dance next year and win their first game they'll die '91-93 Duke at 13. Give me a bit I'm trying to see if anyone has won more in a row.

fake edit ofc ucla won more i gotta see how many more

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Full Collapse posted:

It’s not hard to dunk on the state of Indiana.

There’s an Indiana University of Pennsylvania. I don’t know how you recover as a state when PA of all places has an institution that shares your name.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

UConn's won 12 NCAA Tourny games in a row. If they make the dance next year and win their first game they'll die '91-93 Duke at 13. Give me a bit I'm trying to see if anyone has won more in a row.

Presumably UCLA in the 60s although the tournament was smaller then

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

There’s an Indiana University of Pennsylvania. I don’t know how you recover as a state when PA of all places has an institution that shares your name.

I didn’t choose Indiana; the Army did.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STING 64 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The ogre is dead blessed day