Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Magmarashi posted:

Everybody shut the gently caress up the best mod is here

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/239

That's not the Sphinx Nipples mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Are we still shilling pawns? I'm almost at 2000 RC to complete his look, so hopefully someone out there needs a vampire killer/familiar: 92XVX4P063ZL (also updated the spreadsheet)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SirBukkake posted:

Are we still shilling pawns? I'm almost at 2000 RC to complete his look, so hopefully someone out there needs a vampire killer/familiar: 92XVX4P063ZL (also updated the spreadsheet)

Ahhhh! I will give Gizmo the adventure he deserves!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ipso factum, shithead!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't buy that dlc leak for a second because looking at that guy's twitter it's just him constantly posting unverified bullshit and complaining about the wokes

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

wait is there something woke about dragons dogma now? i mean my character is pretty gay but thats not the devs fault

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

I don't buy that dlc leak for a second because looking at that guy's twitter it's just him constantly posting unverified bullshit and complaining about the wokes

yeah i looked at it and its one huge red flag of dogshit. im sure there will be dlc but probably not that

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Wake up chooms, the Arisen is here

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Earwicker posted:

wait is there something woke about dragons dogma now? i mean my character is pretty gay but thats not the devs fault

I'm pretty sure for some people just having "masculine" and "feminine" appearances rather than just "Sex: male or female" is woke

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

First big disappointment with the game for me: I found the southern path to the Volcano Island, and a lady outside the cave told me to stay away because it was a deadly labyrinth filled with monsters. I went in and it's a straight line. Yeah, there's monsters out the rear end, but you just follow the one path to the other side. You told me there'd be a labyrinth, random lady! There wasn't even a minotaur in there!

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

the lack of any difficulty and unfinished nature of this game becomes very apparent when the wandering pawns that scale to your level can just go around soloing boss monsters at around level 70-ish so now you dont even get to play the game anymore lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Crowetron posted:

First big disappointment with the game for me: I found the southern path to the Volcano Island, and a lady outside the cave told me to stay away because it was a deadly labyrinth filled with monsters. I went in and it's a straight line. Yeah, there's monsters out the rear end, but you just follow the one path to the other side. You told me there'd be a labyrinth, random lady! There wasn't even a minotaur in there!

Nonsense, there are several short side paths that reward you with waking potions and roborants. Maybe even a ferrystone!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This is personal preference but due to my impatient nature I was very glad there was no annoying-rear end labyrinth there.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I'm getting an annoying urge to restart my game, not because I messed anything up or missed any quests of note (that I know of) but because I think I could do the early game a lot better now and I didn't name my main pawn anything special (and the pawn's name is apparently one thing about them that's impossible to change).

Maybe I can hold off on this at least until they patch it so I don't have to bother with any cloud save shenanigans or mods.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The innkeeper at Vernworth disappeared in my game and won't come back. Where did he go..? I can't sleep without him..... At one point a goblin spawned in the town and everyone panicked, and then after that the innkeep was gone. No body in the hall of dead.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

CJacobs posted:

The innkeeper at Vernworth disappeared in my game and won't come back. Where did he go..? I can't sleep without him..... At one point a goblin spawned in the town and everyone panicked, and then after that the innkeep was gone. No body in the hall of dead.

Did you check all of the floors of the morgue? There's several of them. Otherwise, if it's been a few days past that they disappeared then they are probably dead dead and can't be resurrected. The morgue only holds bodies for so long.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Aw. I did but it's empty. Is there a way to confirm somewhere if he died? The inn building isn't even close by but EVERYONE lost their minds. It just happened a minute ago so maybe he's lying dead on the floor or something idk. Way to kill all my motivation to play the game capcom.

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Aw. I did but it's empty. Is there a way to confirm somewhere if he died? The inn building isn't even close by but EVERYONE lost their minds. It just happened a minute ago so maybe he's lying dead on the floor or something idk. Way to kill all my motivation to play the game capcom.

If I recall, you can ask the guy at the entrance of the morgue.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

CJacobs posted:

If it just happened a few minutes ago you should probably just wait on a bench and see if they come back after skipping some time. If not then check the morgue, it takes a bit for the body to be moved there.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Idk if this has happened to anyone else but my main pawn just randomly drops dead sometimes. Full health, no enemies around, no cliffs nearby to fall off of. Boom, guy just drops dead instantly. A lot of times it's happened off screen but last night he just fell over dead right in front of me. I uh, don't think it's dragon ligma? This happening to anyone else?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Magil Zeal posted:

I'm getting an annoying urge to restart my game, not because I messed anything up or missed any quests of note (that I know of) but because I think I could do the early game a lot better now and I didn't name my main pawn anything special (and the pawn's name is apparently one thing about them that's impossible to change).

Maybe I can hold off on this at least until they patch it so I don't have to bother with any cloud save shenanigans or mods.

I'm not sure if it's a blessing in disguise that you can't have multiple characters, because this is the sort of game where's I'd normally constantly be making new characters.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Don't make a new character, just switch to a different vocation.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

CharlestonJew posted:

Idk if this has happened to anyone else but my main pawn just randomly drops dead sometimes. Full health, no enemies around, no cliffs nearby to fall off of. Boom, guy just drops dead instantly. A lot of times it's happened off screen but last night he just fell over dead right in front of me. I uh, don't think it's dragon ligma? This happening to anyone else?

It always happens around bodies of water, they're being stupid and throwing themselves in The Brine.

I actually thought that my main pawn was just "randomly dropping dead" but I finally caught him yeeting himself off a cliff into a lake for no reason.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I got all the cheevos for this game and I am not sure if it actually, technically had a story.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

CharlestonJew posted:

Are there enemies nearby that inflict poison? If you are poisoned and then poisoned again you take massive damage very quickly. That could do it if there's nothing to fall off of in walking distance.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I find it funny how small of a role the dragon had in this dragon's dogma game

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Thundarr posted:

Are there enemies nearby that inflict poison? If you are poisoned and then poisoned again you take massive damage very quickly. That could do it if there's nothing to fall off of in walking distance.

nope and nope. Like full health, didnt drop off a cliff or anything, not poisoned. Just bam, drops dead and I have to revive him for no reason. It's funny so it's nbd but I'm so curious how it happens.

Captain Spoon
Oct 26, 2007

Not actually silverware.
My pawns keep chirping about some sort of "dragon's ligma". Should I be worried?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What's updog Arisen?

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Updogma

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Uh should I be able to kill this drake that's chased me down at level 21? Maybe I'm just poo poo at the game but feels like no

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah he's just gone, resting won't bring him back and he hasn't been murdered by rogue pawns or something. This is a good reminder after 20 hours of play that video games are a time investment and if they don't respct you, you don't have to respect them by finishing them or talking about any of their positive qualities. Don't buy this game, regardless of if it's fun to play it doesn't matter because it's not even finished

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

CJacobs posted:

Yeah he's just gone, resting won't bring him back and he hasn't been murdered by rogue pawns or something. This is a good reminder after 20 hours of play that video games are a time investment and if they don't respct you, you don't have to respect them by finishing them or talking about any of their positive qualities. Don't buy this game, regardless of if it's fun to play it doesn't matter because it's not even finished

The ability to buy a house in Vernworth (which only costs 20,000) happens pretty early on and does every task an inn does. The innkeeper being gone, if it's actually a huge deal down the line for whatever reason, is also fixable.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CJacobs posted:

any non-monster NPC in the game can be revived by going to the morgue in vernworth (the building labeled with a coffin), paying a small fee to the guy at the front desk to locate an NPC by name, and then using a wakestone on the body once you've found the appropriate casket

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I just said he's not in the morgue

They made the innkeeper invunlnerable in the first game so this couldn't happen. If very specifically he died, he would just come back.

mdct posted:

The ability to buy a house in Vernworth (which only costs 20,000) happens pretty early on and does every task an inn does. The innkeeper being gone, if it's actually a huge deal down the line for whatever reason, is also fixable.

That's good to know but an NPC just running through a wall and out of the game is unacceptable when it cost $70

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
One isolated instance of what is a probable bug happening makes a game completely unacceptable to purchase? Sure.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Broken Cog posted:

I find it funny how small of a role the dragon had in this dragon's dogma game

I haven't even seen the dragon yet, but I was really hoping he'd get a scene comparable to the one where he squashes the cult leader in the first game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGPaqmR9U00&t=73s

Badass.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i can't find a single mention of an innkeeper disappearance glitch anywhere on reddit or the steam forums, so condolences on your incredibly rare one in a million bug

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Try camping for a week and coming back to town, that seems to force respawn most relevant npcs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Tricky posted:

Try camping for a week and coming back to town, that seems to force respawn most relevant npcs.

Yeah, if he's dead this should fix it, and if he's not dead just leaving the area for a bit and coming back should force him to go back to normal

But honestly one innkeeper being gone is a fairly minor inconvenience as far as the game goes, there are other ways to rest and access your storage in that same town eventually (and until then you can go to other towns)