Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Thundarr posted:

I'm glad my pawn has like thirty comments total at almost level 100, lol. I guess a large dude in full armor just doesn't catch the eye as much.

I think the problem there is that the percentage of players that are around level 100 or more is very small, and most of them are not actively playing anymore. The pool of people who would potentially hire your pawn is limited that way. It's why I've capped my pawn at level 65 for the time being. I suspect that even that might be a bit overleveled, as most people seem to be finishing their first playthrough in their 50s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yeah as i get close to finishing my ng+ run I'm tempted to start a brand new playthrough and cap myself to a low level, both for the challenge and also to try and have a low level pawn with as many badges as possible, to help lowbies who wanna hire her out for her expertise

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Has anyone on PC using a save manager successfully loaded their old save and confirmed that people can still rent their pawn?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I brought Cliodhna's husband to the spring, she appeared and unlocked Magic Archer. I didn't realize I had to speak to her again to get the Maister spell. I've since trudged back to her house to talk to her, and she's there, but despite it being many days later she won't give me the spell. Am I just hosed for this playthrough?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Atoramos posted:

I brought Cliodhna's husband to the spring, she appeared and unlocked Magic Archer. I didn't realize I had to speak to her again to get the Maister spell. I've since trudged back to her house to talk to her, and she's there, but despite it being many days later she won't give me the spell. Am I just hosed for this playthrough?

Most maisters hand out the book based on affinity, so try giving her some flowers.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Jack Trades posted:

Oh, so the normal successful result.
I haven't convinced Brant on my playthrough but it didn't change anything meaningful.

Fair enough, I guess the only point is to get Brant to cover up for you when escaping, which I didn't even take advantage of since by the time Wilhelmina was done thanking me I couldn't find him again and I had to make a run for it...

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Thundarr posted:

Most maisters hand out the book based on affinity, so try giving her some flowers.

When I talk to her, she just pops out some text and nothing else. Don't you need them to open up a UI to give them items?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Atoramos posted:

When I talk to her, she just pops out some text and nothing else. Don't you need them to open up a UI to give them items?

No, there’s a button for giving a gift when you’re talking to them. Look in the bottom right of the screen.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Endgame stuff -

How quickly did y'all kill the colossus?

I ended up jumping on it while it went under a bridge, then quickly took out all the spikes in it. Ended up finally killing it while it was in the lava fields. Probably could have killed it earlier but all the spikes were out and I wasn't sure where to stab it from there. Grabbed one of the mini-ballista near the lava fields to take it out but I'm wondering if I could have ended up sooner..

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

Corset on a male pawn might be kinda moldbreaking.

Male Mage/Sorc pawns will often end up wearing stuff like this, since there's a good chance someone will end up with one of these being their best chest armor in the late-ish game:
https://dragonsdogma2.wiki.fextralife.com/Ares+Morpho+Robe
https://dragonsdogma2.wiki.fextralife.com/Stargazer%27s+Garb

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

Endgame stuff -

I ended up jumping on it while it went under a bridge, then quickly took out all the spikes in it. Ended up finally killing it while it was in the lava fields. Probably could have killed it earlier but all the spikes were out and I wasn't sure where to stab it from there. Grabbed one of the mini-ballista near the lava fields to take it out but I'm wondering if I could have ended up sooner..

The first time, I didn't realize that Phaesus and the colossus were moving right then and there, so when the game was like "meet phaesus and give him the godsbane" I was like haha gently caress that I have other errands to do. So I ported to Harve to see if the dragon had respawned, and while I was fighting it I got the cutscene with the colossus destroying the bridge and the conversation between Raghnall and Phaesus, and was like, well poo poo guess I do have to do that anyway. So I ported over to Cliodhna's hut and started hoofing it. I caught up with the colossus about halfway between the volcano island encampment and the pawn camp, and killed it pretty quickly since 1 saggitate shower = 1 crystal destroyed

e: Oh also, if you kill all the weak points while it's still in the ocean, you can actually find the crystals on the ocean floor in the postgame! That was neat--I figured there mgiht be a chance they disappeared but nope!

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 22, 2024

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Mordiceius posted:

Endgame stuff -

My pawn exploded all the weakpoints at once with a Maelstrom as soon as it reached the land, so I mostly just sat on its shoulder until it fell down.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Emong posted:

My pawn exploded all the weakpoints at once with a Maelstrom as soon as it reached the land, so I mostly just sat on its shoulder until it fell down.

yeah I barely climbed it, maelstrom killed it almost instantly and then I ran around trying to figure out what I missed until it reached the spot where it dies

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I've definitely put up forgeries of things as a troll reward for pawn quests before, I hope this was because of me :evilbuddy:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The colossus is the most D&D-brained fight in the game because you can kill it too fast and the DM is like "actually it's still walking until I decide it's done"

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Can you place partcrystals down on the ground like real portcrystals?

Be pretty cool for decoration at least.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I didn't care about the story at that point, so I just walked away, let the Colossus do its thing. It worked out anyway

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Shyrka posted:

Can you place partcrystals down on the ground like real portcrystals?

Be pretty cool for decoration at least.

Nah the Use option is greyed out.

It would be cool if I could use them like lava lamps in my house.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Deified Data posted:

The colossus is the most D&D-brained fight in the game because you can kill it too fast and the DM is like "actually it's still walking until I decide it's done"

I feel like that happened to me. I was beating on all the spikes in its body and they were all dying fairly fast. The only spike remaining was in its right foot. I beat on that spike for more time than every other spike combined and it wouldn't break. Then, after it moved into the lava fields, that spike suddenly broke super easily. :rolleyes:

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
The idea of a rando not only sweating it to earn a Partcrystal and duping it is absolutely hilarious. I choose to believe that this post is 100% legit.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Wokestone Agenda continues...

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The game itself encourages this type of trolling. Not long after release, there was a goon in here posting about how he had bought a Ferristone from the forger.

I tend to notice pretty quickly when something is spelled incorrectly, so for once I think I have an advantage.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

I feel like that happened to me. I was beating on all the spikes in its body and they were all dying fairly fast. The only spike remaining was in its right foot. I beat on that spike for more time than every other spike combined and it wouldn't break. Then, after it moved into the lava fields, that spike suddenly broke super easily. :rolleyes:

Same thing happened to me, just with a different spike. although what really made the whole event feel artificial to me was the complete lack of dialogue/acknowledgement of the colossus from any of the NPCs on the island afterward. Holy gently caress!!! A colossus is coming to gently caress poo poo up!!! We have to stop it and figure out what sent it-ok setpiece is over go home

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mordiceius posted:

Endgame stuff -

I shot it with an unmaking arrow and then watched it trudge along for 5 more minutes before it came to a stop.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Ok, I confirmed what was stated earlier about sphinx riddle stuff Yes, if you have all 240 tokens going into a NG+ cycle, it really does just spawn the finder's token directly behind you. Sadly, the Sphinx does not acknowledge that you are a lunatic, instead giving the standard speech for when you have not picked up a token yet in that playthrough.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It was a bad call giving this guy some fruit to help his eyesight out to read a cursed tome more right

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RBA Starblade posted:

It was a bad call giving this guy some fruit to help his eyesight out to read a cursed tome more right

You should check back in a few days, I'm sure things will sort themselves out.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I noticed that if you, uh, dissuade him from doing something incredibly stupid, he will later sell his copy of the first half of the book in his store. What happens if... *you* combine both halves of the book? :ohdear:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
He's selling it from the beginning, at least he did in my playthrough. I combined them myself, then forged a copy, then gave him the forgery. One of my hired pawns remarked that her own master hadn't thought to do that

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I figured out the secret to trickster - the maister skill to summon a Dragon to yell its Dogma To someone knocks over big enemies lol. I stunlocked a griffin that way!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Thundarr posted:

I noticed that if you, uh, dissuade him from doing something incredibly stupid, he will later sell his copy of the first half of the book in his store. What happens if... *you* combine both halves of the book? :ohdear:

You get a book that can cast a mage skill. It's really weird he manages to do what he does with it, really.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nuebot posted:

You get a book that can cast a mage skill. It's really weird he manages to do what he does with it, really.

Maybe it siphons all the "stamina" from his family, and only the Arisen with their powerful constitution can use it without being killed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ok Trickster owns. Put up a decoy, throw smoke on a lovely enemy, throw a wall on your sorcerer to defend, get dragons to yell at people to stunlock them, then give your pawns drugs so they beat the poo poo out of anything

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

RBA Starblade posted:

Ok Trickster owns. Put up a decoy, throw smoke on a lovely enemy, throw a wall on your sorcerer to defend, get dragons to yell at people to stunlock them, then give your pawns drugs so they beat the poo poo out of anything

I just punched people to level it up

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nuebot posted:

I just punched people to level it up

Yeah but I'm killing griffons and chimeras in like ten seconds with my combat drugs lmao

I tried to slowroll it for the sculptor even lol

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Got Warfarer, decided I'll just wait until NG+ to play around with that.

...Did not get scroll for the 'Rearmament' ability?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TheMostFrench posted:

Got Warfarer, decided I'll just wait until NG+ to play around with that.

...Did not get scroll for the 'Rearmament' ability?

Talk with the guy again.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Jack Trades posted:

Talk with the guy again.

I'm already in NG+!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TheMostFrench posted:

I'm already in NG+!

You better pack snacks for the trip then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Switch to trickster and just hoof it there. Use your ghost to distract goblins and harpies on the way. Nobody will bother you and you will be in Volcanic Island in no time. Don't forget to drop porrcrystals along the way for easier use later.