Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Inzombiac posted:

I've settled on my pawn. I wanted as close to a goblin as I could.

If you use tattoos at a large scale, you can get more exotic skin colors, which is pretty helpful.
Also, to make tattoos look more natural, turn down the opacity to 70-80.

Looks like meats back on the menu!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

External Organs posted:

Looks like meats back on the menu!

How do orks know what a "menu" is?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

"denuvo makes poo poo run bad" is mostly a meme but hearing an RE Engine game isn't running great on current gen consoles is really weird, so I'm expecting my PC to explode trying to run it at this point. All the previous stuff I've played that they made in the new engine has been perfect on consoles so I wish they'd show more from like, a PS5 runthrough

my experience with RE engine games is that they use a gobsmacking amount of memory on PC to run smoothly. i had an old shitbox PC with an RX 480 and i was still able to run RE2/RE3 with very few hitches as long as i cranked my page file up to something insane like 30GB

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jack Trades posted:

https://youtu.be/YdXQJS3Yv0Y?si=k4GxL4S0rGFcOYr_

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hopefully I'll be done with FF7R by next week so I can devote all my free time towards climbing up monsters and throwing goblins off of cliffs.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Jack Trades posted:

Orcs and goblins have their own industrialized civilization and language.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Schubalts posted:

Orcs and goblins have their own industrialized civilization and language.

About to go Goblin Brunch Mode

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Going with a Golden Axe theme.

Chronos from Golden Axe 3 as my Arisen to celebrate the Beastren being available.

And Gilius Thunderhead as my Pawn because he's the loving best,

Also you should use this image in the op because it's amazing.

https://twitter.com/DragonsDogma/status/1741640475705033071

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Can you make your cat person look like a sphynx.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The sphinx as we know it or Dragon Dogma 2's sphinx?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

As in hairless? No but you could mess with the colors to maybe get close.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

7c Nickel posted:

This is so cool.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Hmm. I'm a little worried by the emphasis on ~real travel~ since the biggest thing that made me bounce off pre-DLC OG DD was the constant goddamn backtracking. Before they loosened up the portcrystal supply every quest felt like "Oh, please take this letter to Ser Bleminald, halfway back across the map past 6,000 wolves, 500 goblins, a harpy swarm and one inexplicably murderous bandit with a 5-mile aggro radius, and somehow inconveniently equidistant from literally every other task you have." I hope there's something other than lovingly rendered pictures of meat to keep it from getting monotonous.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

This game is gonna run like a dream on the PS6

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Be funny if we all land up missing the letterboxing they put into the og DD1 to reduce the number of pixels rendered so it could run on the consoles.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wonderslug posted:

Hmm. I'm a little worried by the emphasis on ~real travel~ since the biggest thing that made me bounce off pre-DLC OG DD was the constant goddamn backtracking. Before they loosened up the portcrystal supply every quest felt like "Oh, please take this letter to Ser Bleminald, halfway back across the map past 6,000 wolves, 500 goblins, a harpy swarm and one inexplicably murderous bandit with a 5-mile aggro radius, and somehow inconveniently equidistant from literally every other task you have." I hope there's something other than lovingly rendered pictures of meat to keep it from getting monotonous.

From what I've gathered, while they have a focus on real travel, the world is much more dense and better designed.
I'd wager the quest structure is also more refined so that if you do have to backtrack it won't be nearly as tedious.

They've also mentioned it being more open world by modern standards, so that gives me a lot of hope about tedium. It would be VERY surprising if they learned their lesson from lovely Ubisoft games, tho.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
They also have fast travel, it's just diagetic. The reality for most players after the first hour is going to be running up to the wagoneer, hammering the accept button to start the riding sequence, then hammering the "shut eyes" button to prompt the fast travel.

In other words tom waits voice why walk when you can ride?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The world in DD1 was the biggest place where you could feel the game’s reach exceeding its budget so I think DD2’s world having a chance to meet the devs’ original vision for the game is the most exciting thing about it. a lot of the issues I had with DD1 are visibly still there so I’m tempering my expectations about my gripes from that game going away, but I do think the world is going to be a lot more interesting to explore now

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Thingy is happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy_rEa1QpL8

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

BEHOLD. A WORLD TOUCHED BY MAGIC.

e: It was a lovely advertisement.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 15, 2024

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The description of mystic spearhand sounds badass

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Jack B Nimble posted:

Will the bow require shooter style aiming or does it support lock on style combat? Or both? I'm not personally a fan of shooting with a controller, but I definitely want to play a third person action game with one. This is sort of the problem I have with GTA and CP2077, where I want keyboard and mouse on foot and a game pad in a vehicle.

I didn’t play a ton of the first game but I do remember the hit boxes being huge so aiming with a controller was not an issue at all.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Looking at the Human / Beastren split they were presenting in the video, I have something to say.

As a general rule you should always sell out humanity when you have the chance. The other guys are almost always universally cooler.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jack B Nimble posted:

Will the bow require shooter style aiming or does it support lock on style combat? Or both? I'm not personally a fan of shooting with a controller, but I definitely want to play a third person action game with one. This is sort of the problem I have with GTA and CP2077, where I want keyboard and mouse on foot and a game pad in a vehicle.

You can use both in those games. Just pick up the controller when you need to.

Going by the first game, this one is most definitely best played with controller. If you're an archer you'll shoot, but it won't be constant challenging shots that you need to line up in a split second.

Captain Foo posted:

The description of mystic spearhand sounds badass

Yeah I played a plain Fighter in the first game, could be fun but definitely not too exciting. Mystic Spearhand is what I'd like to transition to most in this one.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I suppose it was too much to hope for some actual new info, they seem to have revealed everything they're going to at this point. I just hope it's because they're keeping stuff hidden, and not because that's all there is. Not even talking about vocations, just monster variety.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I’m looking forward to playing on PC if for no other reason than Sphinx nipple mods.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Haven't watched too much footage but this looks really good. Environments look like they'll be fun to explore. Also sounds like they worked with Nvidia so it'll have all the bells and whistles.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

The more you can hear the Lancashire in Ian McShane's voice, the less of a poo poo he gives about whatever it is he's doing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

7c Nickel posted:

This is so loving cool :hellyeah:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Tl, dr

Ian McShane posted:

I was accused of giving the plot away, but I just think, get a loving life. It’s only tits and dragons.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The thief has an ability to whip and lasso enemies to pull them closer, harpies included. Hell yes. Great new footage in this story trailer.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dragon's Dogma 2 - It's Only Tits And Dragons

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

PringleCreamEgg posted:

The thief has an ability to whip and lasso enemies to pull them closer, harpies included. Hell yes. Great new footage in this story trailer.

That was a Strider ability in DD1. Glad to see it back.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Big asses too, Capcom does what squeenix don't

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Not as out there as some people's character's, but I'm pretty happy with this (for now).

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

harold and minerva out to save the bloody country

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Adds a bit of flavour to the OP

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Nemo2342 posted:

Not as out there as some people's character's, but I'm pretty happy with this (for now).

face is hot, needs more muscles though

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Lowering my voice to talk about spooks and skeletons at night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This