Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MonsterEnvy posted:

This

is almost certainly a reference to this

wait is that not obvious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

MonsterEnvy posted:

This

is almost certainly a reference to this

Owns

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
did you know gaming

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dexo posted:

wait is that not obvious?

To people who don't play D&D it's probably not.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MonsterEnvy posted:

fair

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Does D&D stand for "Dragons & Dogma"?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MonsterEnvy posted:

I never played beyond one disastrous first attempted campaign with one player who just insisted on insulting and trying to kill every single person we met, but my uncle had gifted me his old players handbook, monster guide etc and I used to just devour the content, and that image of the guy facing off with the dragon is burned into my brain.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Man I have NO idea what the hell im gonna play, this is great. I’ll try all of it but I suspect I’ll lean more in one direction but idk what yet. I was gonna play fighter but everything looks so good and sick

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Leal posted:

Does D&D stand for "Dragons & Dogma"?

It stands for DD's & Dragons

Super excited for this. I'm really excited to try out trickster but I might have to have my first run through be warrior. It's just so satisfying.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I'm very excited be an Archer because of all of the jump kicking and shooting people in the face looks like hilarious good fun. It seems like exactly the thing that most ranged RPG classes lack is a bit of close ranged manoeuvrability.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

hope yall recruit my Eggman if you see him out and about. he should not be left without supervision

im torn between two different Arisen ideas though

my usual thief gal from other RPGs and TTRPGs, The Lucky Rabbit

or this hosed up and cool wizard lady

i mostly played strider in 1 so im not sure if i wanna go thief for 2 or try magic out instead.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Once I unlock Mystic Spearhand, this guy should make an ok Monkey King

e: Why is the preview Thief armour so fat and saggy?

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Mar 15, 2024

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

Looking at the Human / Beastren split they were presenting in the video, I have something to say.

As a general rule you should always sell out humanity when you have the chance. The other guys are almost always universally cooler.

Except when it's furries.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c4vOSUI9WM

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
official vocation quiz thingie

https://dragonsdogma.com/2/vocationquiz/en-us/

given the questions, i wasn't expecting to end up with my class of choice, magick archer

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I only did one playthrough of DD1 and never tried Fighter so that's what I'm going with to start since it looks fun. I'll probably switch to Mystic Spearhand as soon as I can after that because everything about it looks awesome.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
welp, just lost 4 hours in the character creator, so damned detailed

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Recreated my Dark Souls 1 and 3 character, Penitentes as a Pawn.

Do not fear child, I am a man of God.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Can't wait to do some aught again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Do you have to have a particular base vocation to unlock a particular player-only one? I used the character creator and wanted to make a Mystic Spearhand, and made her an archer since the main pawn I was making was going to be a fighter, and I don't want to find out I locked myself out of what I wanted to do like 10-15 hours in or something.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Do you have to have a particular base vocation to unlock a particular player-only one? I used the character creator and wanted to make a Mystic Spearhand, and made her an archer since the main pawn I was making was going to be a fighter, and I don't want to find out I locked myself out of what I wanted to do like 10-15 hours in or something.

We don't know for sure.
In DD1 you had to level two specific vocations to unlock the hybrid one, but you could switch to any of the unlocked vocations at any time and all the base vocations were always unlocked, so you could eventually have all vocations available no matter what you started with.

We know that in DD2 you need to unlock some vocations with quests, so I'm guessing that they don't even have any other requirements anymore.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanks!

God this game looks so much fun.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The quiz revealed to me that Magick Archer can heal the party which I hadn't expected.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's in my blood, it seems.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I wonder if MA is also going to require finding a trainer like apparently MS and Trickster do.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I hope all the advanced vocations have quests because it's way cooler than "get to level 10."

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 15, 2024

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I hope all the advanced vocations have quests because it's way cooler than "get to level 10."

I'm pretty sure they said that's how you unlock all of the vocations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jack Trades posted:

I'm pretty sure they said that's how you unlock all of the vocations.

You start off unable to do anything but slowly walk. You must find a patient and kindly scholar to teach you to speak, read and write.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Inzombiac posted:

You start off unable to do anything but slowly walk. You must find a patient and kindly scholar to teach you to speak, read and write.

Just like Fallout 3

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
You're gonna unlock the first profession when the dragon unlocks your heart.

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

TheMostFrench posted:

I'm very excited be an Archer because of all of the jump kicking and shooting people in the face looks like hilarious good fun. It seems like exactly the thing that most ranged RPG classes lack is a bit of close ranged manoeuvrability.

Me too, I always lean towards archers in games but I can’t think of any good single player games with good archery except for DD so I’m excited.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Shoehead posted:

Just like Fallout 3

gran soren sewer snakes rule

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

whats this rift crystals poo poo?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Jerusalem posted:

There's no "base" vocation. Your vocation is what it is at the moment.

That said, in terms of having augments most likely to be useful to MA, mage, sorcerer, and archer are likely candidates, but realistically just play whatever is fun at the moment and don't worry about it. It's not a multiclassing system, play everything.

Upsidads posted:

A secondary currency that your primarily got in DD1 by other people using your pawn.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Mar 15, 2024

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Upsidads posted:

It's the currency you earn from pimping.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

As long as they don't micro it
So the deluxe looks like mostly consumables?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I hope rift crystals are easier to get outside of the pawn rental system this time, the original game didnt have a decent way of farming them until bitterblack isle.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

It's in my blood, it seems.

Same. I guess Itano Circus Arrows are just my destiny.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I hope there are more vocations than they've shown off so far because I haven't side hide nor hair of my favorite magic cannon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
My Spearhands are Mystic.