Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm so excited!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've settled on my pawn. I wanted as close to a goblin as I could.

If you use tattoos at a large scale, you can get more exotic skin colors, which is pretty helpful.
Also, to make tattoos look more natural, turn down the opacity to 70-80.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Can you make your cat person look like a sphynx.

As in hairless? No but you could mess with the colors to maybe get close.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wonderslug posted:

Hmm. I'm a little worried by the emphasis on ~real travel~ since the biggest thing that made me bounce off pre-DLC OG DD was the constant goddamn backtracking. Before they loosened up the portcrystal supply every quest felt like "Oh, please take this letter to Ser Bleminald, halfway back across the map past 6,000 wolves, 500 goblins, a harpy swarm and one inexplicably murderous bandit with a 5-mile aggro radius, and somehow inconveniently equidistant from literally every other task you have." I hope there's something other than lovingly rendered pictures of meat to keep it from getting monotonous.

From what I've gathered, while they have a focus on real travel, the world is much more dense and better designed.
I'd wager the quest structure is also more refined so that if you do have to backtrack it won't be nearly as tedious.

They've also mentioned it being more open world by modern standards, so that gives me a lot of hope about tedium. It would be VERY surprising if they learned their lesson from lovely Ubisoft games, tho.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's in my blood, it seems.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jack Trades posted:

I'm pretty sure they said that's how you unlock all of the vocations.

You start off unable to do anything but slowly walk. You must find a patient and kindly scholar to teach you to speak, read and write.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

NeurosisHead posted:

Maybe the game being in the wild before the street date will make Capcom decide to release early, as a treat

It was on Twitch for around 4 hours today.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I'm not seeing any real hype around the Trickster...is there just not a lot of info on them currently?

It SOUNDS interesting but I'm leaning Spearhand for sure.

There's plenty of info, it's just so odd that no one has anything to say till we play it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

K8.0 posted:

The best controller right now is the 8bitdo ultimate 2.4ghz. It has Nintendo buttons, but I'm pretty sure it's fairly easy to open up and swap the buttons around if you want it. Not that you need to for DD2, because as mentioned the game lets you select which platform's prompts you want.

Just want to confirm that it's seriously the best controller available now and the price is very reasonable.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can't decide if I want to play as the Arisen that looks like me or someone handsome.

Or a creepy witch, who looks sick as hell.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

uggghhhhh GMG doesn't have keys yet.
I know it doesn't matter yet but CMONNNNNN

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Can you mix Trickster with something else through Warfarer?

Warfarer gets access to all weapons and most skills but has lower stats. So you can make any hybrid build you want but it's not going to outshine any singular build.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Owl Inspector posted:

When does GMG normally send out steam keys for preorders? I got the fancy version since they have it for about $11 off and I liked DD1 enough to go for it.

Usually the day before. I'm waiting as well.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This unlocks 5pm Pacific on Thursday, right?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GMG, I love you but now I'm getting nervoussssss

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

K8.0 posted:

I desperately want Itsuno to do an action game where we can swap between characters and do MVC poo poo, but I don't want Dragon's Dogma to be that.

Pawn swapping could be neat but if it's anything like Genshin Impact, it would feel less like a team and more like each character is just a utility font.

GI had some neat ideas but the need to rapidly switch through your roster got old pretty fast.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://www.tiktok.com/@dmotta3/video/7348497767616023838

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If it isn't hilarious and inscrutable, it's not Dragon's Dogma!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gonna cuck the prince as ogre pikachu

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dragon's Dogma
Danganronpa
Dragon Ron Paul

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

God I wanted to play this all night but work has been so stressful that all I can do is post, poo poo and shitpost.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mordiceius posted:

Question I have for y'all - while the Arisen can swap vocations, which vocation will be your "main" and which vocation are you picking for your pawn?

Mystic Spearhand for me, mage or warrior for pawn, depending on what skills MS has.
Magick Archer getting more support/healing will drag me back, though. I just know it. I love playing magic support.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

INTO FREEEEEE

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Arisen I modeled after myself is far too tall and has a strangely protruding under bite now.

I don't want to restart but I hate looking at him.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Communist Thoughts posted:

The very first pawn I saw made by another player was a shadowheart. It begins

Why do gamers like that chick so much? She's basic and has a terrible personality

I did recruit her and Robin Hood though

She's no Karlach but she's got some good moments no matter what path you take.

But also she's the only white woman on the team so of course basic people love her instead of the hot demon mommy or the tsundere alien lady.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

How early on can you change your look? I hate my dude.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So... Mystic Spearhand is bugged, huh?
I can't get any of the Bolt skills to work or the basic spear spin, either.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Archer felt WAY better once I realized you can use skills without having to aim.
Dire Shot even fires off perfectly. No timing required!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

*record scratch*
Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got here.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey, guess who went all the way to the Beastren capital without finishing the guard captain's quest chain first??
Guess who didn't have a port crystal on hand??

DD2 I love you but GODDAMN.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Does Detection work for the Sphinx special token you have to find in 7 days?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I love hanging with my bros and huffing the censer

I hate Mondays

When defending the city, you can't be worried about silly things like modesty

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SirBukkake posted:

Are we still shilling pawns? I'm almost at 2000 RC to complete his look, so hopefully someone out there needs a vampire killer/familiar: 92XVX4P063ZL (also updated the spreadsheet)

Ahhhh! I will give Gizmo the adventure he deserves!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goddamn, I unlocked Warfarer at the end of the game.
I had everything I needed for it, I just didn't know that's what it was for.

Anyway, fought the dragon, it was piss-easy, got to the ending and pissed off a force ghost so much that I got to do it again.
Now I'm in The Unmoored World, which I only got to because I pieces together something from my time in Bitterblack Isle.

This poo poo rules and I feel like such a silly boy for hoarding all my Ferrystones.

Mordiceius posted:

Endgame stuff -

How quickly did y'all kill the colossus?

I ended up jumping on it while it went under a bridge, then quickly took out all the spikes in it. Ended up finally killing it while it was in the lava fields. Probably could have killed it earlier but all the spikes were out and I wasn't sure where to stab it from there. Grabbed one of the mini-ballista near the lava fields to take it out but I'm wondering if I could have ended up sooner..

Right after the first little bridge. Was pretty disappointed in how easy it was but that's Magic Archer for you!

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 23, 2024

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

As much as I love Ricochet, boltspike can be used everywhere and is hilarious.
It's not nearly as much damage but electrifying everything and everyone in a clusterfuck of light is phenomenal.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I never unequipped it, yeah. The one that shoots an ice boulder is fun but not as good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Real winners only use Martyr's Bolt.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I was fighting some saureans and a griffin chucked an ox at me. Game rules.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The fully enclosed ones? You can go inside and ride along in real time, but you can't sit down in one and doze off.

Fun fact, if you can't cross the checkpoint yet you can hop in the fancy wagon that spawns going towards Battahl and ride it through the checkpoint. Nobody will bother you unless the guards see you get out on the Battahl side (then it takes a day or two for them to drop aggro)

I've been playing with the carts a lot lately. I might make a separate post about that

E: come to think of it I'm pretty sure the fancy wagons are supposed to be Phaesus'

It is, indeed, Phaesus' cart.
If you get across the checkpoint on top of his cart, you get an achievement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

They really need to make an infinite version of Unmoored World that scales with time.

Make it the final, most extreme skill check. I snoozed through most of the combat and really want to Test My Might.