Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Ytlaya posted:

Is there any reason for me to hold onto this Marcher's armor set I picked up in the guard house? Stats are bad but it looks cool. Tempted to sell since I'm low on cash after blowing all my money on fancy gear, but don't want to if this is unique or something.

For now I'll stick it in my storage.

Well, there is one thing. When you wear the marcher's set people think you are a guard and you don't count as trespassing in areas where guards can be. It makes running around the palace very easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

Anyone know what quests are like "hard progress kill all your uncompleted sidequests" in this one. Early questsNot sure if doing the last monster culling quest or if doing any of the 'talk to Brant in the tavern' quests will lock me out of the others.

Mostly avoiding spoilers and just doing poo poo as I find it, but I kinda hated just blocking out loads of quest cause I did the wrong main quest in the first one.

So far I've run into one quest from him that gives a very clear "things will change" warning if you start it, but you don't have to start it until you want to.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

It was very good in DD1, especially in BBI, but it feels even better in DD2. You can still mulch big enemies outside if you bank shots off the ground under their feet.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I currently have two maxed and three around rank 6, but that's with a lot more exploration than is strictly necessary to finish the game. I'd imagine getting everything maxed is more realistic in NG+.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Try camping for a week and coming back to town, that seems to force respawn most relevant npcs.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Yeah, the NG+ experience is very weird. There's an entire new system unlocked at the Dragonforged that is completely irrelevant, because you outscaled everything in the wild 20-30 levels and a few tiers of gear ago.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

To make matters worse my pawns are just hanging around the ox cart in a dazed state and wont respond to anything.

There's a guy with a godsway staff. If you kill him, your pawns go back to normal.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Are slimes supposed to be a threat? I've killed every one I've seen immediately as a thief or spearhand. What's the actual gimmick with them?

If they get near you, they start rapidly draining your stamina. If your stamina bottoms out, they do a grapple that drains your entire health bar -- you can survive if you eat through it, but it is by far the most lethal of the small monsters if you don't have the right enchant up or get ambushed from off camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

It looked like 10% when I was doing some quick and dirty testing, but yeah it is somewhere in that neighborhood. You will get everything up to 4 pretty quick and then everything will be very slow to progress as the DCP requirements get much higher.