Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
desperately hoping for some sick new cockatrice lines from pawns. if you know you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

yeah I'm planning to start out a mage this go round but that's just a start. gonna master every vocation and play what feels right for the matter at hand.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

in DD1 I would either hire my friends' pawns or whoever was funniest. Hans Gruber was the greatest mage I ever hired, even if he didn't look that much like Alan Rickman.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Skeezy posted:

Suzi is getting one and her vids are cool. Good for her.

honestly, good for her. she is the biggest Capcom fan maybe ever, and I'm definitely going to be running around with her in the game

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

there are definitely worse people to hang out with in a video game, so I can't be mad at that

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

quoting this to bring Solas Dragon Age to the current page

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

last night when I was doing a goblin cave I had a party with an archer, thief, and two fighters and the pawn fighter and I were shield bashing everything and barely needed to heal. I think you can go without a mage if you know your enemy.

e: their kind hates being bashed in the loving face, arisen

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Eat lots of berries? Half my weight is in apples right now and I had to stop turning them into brews so I don't become too heavy to keep going.
l

you should mince them into dried fruit once they ripen and then combine them with greenwarish. result weighs .05 per unit.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

my main pawn is a thief, and while I don't have the maister skill on him yet, he still uses helm splitter, ensnare, fire knives, and dodges actively enough to hold his own in a fight and murderize pretty much anything.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

Sometimes I feel so boring that I’m just playing a fighter but god they made fighter so good

it's so fast to set up a really fun fighter too, I think it took under a thousand discipline to unlock shield bash and the sick flip attack and perfect guard.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

haven't run into that myself but I did have a pawn hanging back to cast anodyne while I was In The poo poo a bunch, which honestly seems practical in an all out explosive kegs brawl.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

FuriousGeorge posted:

He's only level 10 right now, but if any PS5 goons need a Thief please consider Charlie Bronson. I swear he's actually a quite pleasant fellow.

Put the consumables ON my rear end, not IN IT

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

Does anyone know if 'Bunch of Flowers' can wilt? I hope not so I can stock up on them for when I find that special someone.

they can, but your stash is refrigerated so just stuff em in there

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I told a pawn to do something and suddenly a deep rumbling voice from a drake said,"YES THAT IS THE WAY ARISEN!" and I don't know where it was or how it was watching but I'm scared :ohdear:

dragon's dogma/Ultima 7 crossover??????

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

also on fighter: am I crazy or does shield bash have a block component to it? I use it all the time and the double bash in particular feels a bit like a less effective perfect block at times.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

gently caress yes. the best way to block is to beat the poo poo out of everything all the time

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

yeah I rock that, the airward slash, shield bash, and usually gouging strike unless I need blink strike and it's a pretty complete kit. it's not quite as tough as warrior but it's a lot more agile and lightweight.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

it's good, most of the negative reviews are citing untrue things or from people who have performance issues in cities.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

the truth of the mtx is you literally do not need a single thing they're selling, it's all available in normal play. the performance issues are real if your CPU is underpowered. the game rips though

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Jimlit posted:

Here is a bad take.

I love the warrior. It's like the truck simulator of vocations. I get into kind of a zen state of chaining together attacks that just really clicks with me. I feel like going back to thief would be a net negative in terms of gameplay fun, damage output and crowd control.

I love all the vocations but warrior is specifically hard for me to put down because you're a big strong truck who don't care about monsters

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Incidentally, has anybody else on PS5 noticed this game absolutely shits through controller battery? I thought it was just my pad batteries getting tired but i was playing another game yesterday and it was normal, then onto dragdog again today and again, bottom of a mcdonald's milkshake noises from the batteries.

no, my controller batteries have lasted an unusual amount of time playing this compared to most of the other games I play.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Jack B Nimble posted:

I think I'm going to stop hiring Logisticians.

yes. I never want one. I manage the inventory, they are the worst. their bullshit only makes me manage it more!

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

almost all I do as warrior is the uppercut and execute. and jog. I don't know why other skills exist

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

The life of an adventurer is challenging and uncertain, arisen

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I feel like there should have been a path between the elf town and Melve. I think that would make traversal a little better.

:hmmyes:

You should explore some more!

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Oh! So there ARE more than two stationary Portcrystals.

EDIT: AND THERE ARE A BUNCH OF BRAND NEW ENEMY TYPES TOO?!

please elaborate.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I think the one thing I wish spear hand had from mystick knight was the smackable orb ability. replace the anemic blue bullets with that Capcom tia

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I was about to make a crack about there being no fourfold flurry but that's basically the spear hand twirl

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

worst part of MA is that quick shot is ABSOLUTELY useless, for some reason they didn't give it the auto tracking that archer has so you basically can't hit anyone with it

this is true but with pinpoint auto tracking I don't know why I'd ever use quick shot anyway

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

actually, on MA, what's the purpose of rivet shot vs pinpoint shot? I gave using rivet an earnest try but couldn't figure out what was going on because for some reason I kept getting set back to pinpoint.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

so it's entirely possible I wasn't getting set to pinpoint, per se, I just didn't really notice the difference. MA is really good and fun but wow there are so many buttons to just never press.

e: ^^^ be sure you're kicking in close range. this changed my opinion of archer; using dire/deathly or explosive for single targets. R1 to aim your special shots, L1 to auto aim them.

doomfunk fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 6, 2024

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

archer is good and fun in short range and long range though where MA at short range is just not great and feels bad

e: I will say archer pawns are typically a lot better than i am, though. but that's why I'm a warfarer.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

If anyone want a fun challenge, I can recommend running 3x warrior + mage for support

this is hilariously busted on anything that doesn't fly and is still great on a bunch of enemies that do. pack hammers for a great time.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

satanic splash-back posted:

If you think it's hard to get knockdowns then you're not playing the right class, or aren't using knockdown focused weapons

Warriors can score knockdowns reliably after just a few hits.

that's even before dwarven smithing. fighters are almost as good if you shield bash actively and pack a mace, but a warrior doing charged slams will knock anything down, faster and more constantly with two warriors.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Yes. gear works the same way on pawns in both games.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

are you sure? I'm pretty confident I was able to put new gear on pawns i borrowed from my friends

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

at the very least I'd hope they'd convert verve and sagacity to percents because as it stands they're worthless by the time you can get them. everything should've been cool like diligence

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Have you tried being nice to your pawns? Maybe then they wouldn't get cranky.

I've never seen any signs of blight and I clap hands with my pawns constantly. am I giving them cootie shots

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Have you ever considered that maybe - just maybe - they don't want to clap hands? That maybe they're only doing it because they know their boss expects it of them?

Of course you didn't. They're "just pawns" after all. So you clap hands over and over, while the resentment grows. Finally, your pawn has had enough. "CLAP THIS!" they scream, as they slap every man and woman in Vermund to death.

no they love it. they tell me how cool I am all the time and I'm definitely not wealthy enough to have an entourage of hype guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

you carry a rock into the basket and it fires on its own. yes, this is like the only time in the entire game anything works like this.