Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

External Organs posted:

Do we know when The review embargo is up? I'm mainly curious about console performance for Series S

Digital foundry snippets of conversation are pretty dour on the uncapped frame rate of DD2. It's a strong possibility the S will be under 30 fps consistently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Austin likes the game:

https://remapradio.com/articles/four-thoughts-on-dragons-dogma/

quote:

If there is one thing that game designers are going to talk about in their weekly design team meetings, or that YouTube game critics are going to make videos about, it’s going to be about the, frankly, fearless decision to make so many open ended, unguided quests in this game. It will be like the year Dark Souls hit big, except instead of saying ‘look at how this game trusts the player to tackle difficult combat challenges,’ they will be saying ‘look at how this game trusts the player to engage with its narrative systems.’

It’s cool and, frankly, it’s something I did not expect from this game at all.

We are so loving back.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I have an RTX 4070Ti, but DLSS isn't an option for me in the game menu, its greyed out.

make sure any other anti-aliasing settings are off, that can be a thing in menus that isn't always clear

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Grondoth posted:

Oh, I'm playing and I feel deeply constrained so far. The theoretical future where I can use mage AND sorcerer spells makes me feel like I need 8 slots instead of 6, and those two extra are SORELY missed already.

They gave us 2ND ED STONESKIN and a holy ball and firewall and a zap ball and how am I supposed to only have 4 of these

hearing 2nd edition stoneskin basically solidified me choosing to start as a Mage, hell yes

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I reached the end of the true ending last night in a 99% guide-free run after about 70 hours. I never ran into the pawn plague, I failed a bunch of quests, I never found the Sphinx after she flew off once, I never even saw a Medusa outside the intro, and I killed the dragon 3 times before I figured out what to do. There's still so much to do and to see, but I think I'll save it until the rumored Expansion or like 5 months for a myabe updated difficulty mode or new game plus remix or something.