Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
What a large tree....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Does D&D stand for "Dragons & Dogma"?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Get up on the hydra's back, Arisen

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:getin:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I wonder if what happens to Rook is a subtle reference to how players dismiss him in DD1

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Holy poo poo, after a fight I walked up to one of my pawns and gave them five. 11/10 game

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Just got to the first big town and hoo lordy people were not exaggerating the performance here

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Joink posted:

+1% cold res leggings

Glad to see the silk lingerie is back, and they give it to you early. Not sure why they called it "ranger tights" though. I tossed them onto my pawn and well

:nws:

:nws:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

Does it actually have good stats

I want that thirst RC but not at the cost of min-maxing

They were better than the starting pants at least (I prefer to stick with free equipment for as long as possible, even if it results in a harder game)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Was making the trek back to Melve and got a surprise visit from a griffon and as I ran away from it I ran into a troll.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

It's pretty insulting in a $70 game. I didn't know Capcom did this kind of thing(not a RE / horror fan) and didn't play the first. I refunded it this morning.

Maybe in a year when it's $20 I'll take another look, assuming they fix the performance.

lol

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Meet Hag. I found them in the rift. Now they're my friend

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Just added mine to the list, ID TCUJKRSK72RO

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Goblins surprise me with how big jerks they can be. One throws tar, the other throws torches. They can pick up and throw those bigger chunks of stone and even explosive barrels. They even push giant boulders at you

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I found some arrows and my pawn said "Those would be nice if any of us used a bow." Then another pawn replied "Maybe we can use them as skewers for meat". Game rules

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I am so happy this is back in

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Started as a thief, enjoyed being able to dodge cancel and attack from dodging and jump over enemies and stabbing the poo poo out of them. Went to try out warrior for some vocation grinding and I'm loving how your charge attacks massively buff your defense so I'm leaving big fights with like 2% loss on my healthbar. Decisions decisions...

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Double Bill posted:

It really sucks that there's no hide helmet visual option, pretty much all the fighter helmets completely hide my pawn's face. Looks like I'm doing a no-helmet run then.

Really everyone is too busy screaming about microtransactions that no one is complaining about the real issue: How did this game fail to launch with a cosmetic system?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

Riftstone of the Noontide

"Find female pawns of large stature."

Ah the Resident Evil 8 riftstone

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Feeling bad for this soldier who needs me to carry him around. Whenever I go off an edge with more than a 3 inch drop I drop him and blood splatters everywhere

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Lakbay posted:

I've been spoiled by modern games and wish there were markers for quest givers. I don't want to have to talk to every freaking NPC to see if they have a quest. I found two that didn't auto start dialog.

Yeah I'm noticing this is a thing as well. Didn't the first game have a marker over quest NPCs? Maybe I'm mixing that up with there being a quest board for this stuff.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal posted:

Meet Hag. I found them in the rift. Now they're my friend

Found Hag out in the wild just now (They're high leveled so I can't rent them again :( )

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

This is why I hold off on buying gear and why my pawn continues to wear no pants. In fact I bought my pawn some better daggers, then did the quest where you clear out saurians in a cave right after and found better daggers :sigh:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/sCP1hRX.mp4

I appreciate this animation

E: Also this really does show those pawns who say "I will stand close to you" were not kidding at all.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm enjoying double spear so much that I'm feeling withdrawls playing another vocation to get more augments

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Man you do NOT want to have a mage be your point pawn during a quest. They seem to not acknowledge enemies when running ahead and get instantly wrecked as they run in the middle of a pack of anything.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Just did the quest with the kid who gets dragged off by wolves. Am I utterly blind or was there no glowing flowers heading to where the kid was? At the graveyard where the quest marker and my pawn led me I saw a trail going into a cave in the opposite direction, but that just led me back to town.

E: I had to look up a guide on where to go and it said "You'll see glowing flowers going in that direction" but I didn't see any show up until I was halfway towards the right direction.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah they really could remove like a third of the spawns in the world. I had one battle where I ran into a troll. While fighting it goblins, those green goblins, harpies and wolves showed up during the fight. This stretched out so long that it became night and then skeletons and ghosts started showing up to the fight.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm leveling up mage to get the augment for the extended buff time since I read it effects the spear mage shield and I'm jonesing for the spear again

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

AndrewP posted:

the limited fast travel is starting to wear on me

Mayhaps we should pursue the services of an ox cart, Arisen.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

AndrewP posted:

what I could really use is an ox cart that periodically hauls my poo poo home for me

A good use for the pawns you meet in the wild. Nah I'm not looking to replace my party, but while you're out and about how about dropping this off at 21 Aught Lane?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

junan_paalla posted:

Why does the early griffin get the worm, exactly? Griffins eat oxen-sized prey, how huge are these worms??

Missed opportunity to say "The early griffin gets the wyrm"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

neosloth posted:

If its for the church quest you have to go all the way to the checkpoint town

:what:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

neosloth posted:

My bad
i figured its ok to leave cause you do get a quest marker for it and the npc tells you where to go. Spoilered it

That was more of "How would you figure that out" thing. I thought I was being smart by remembering the girl you help in Melve and talking to her dad but that wasn't the solution. How would I know to go there?!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...c46b5cad66298d&

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Thief is insane and I think the only reason I don't see as many thief pawns in the rift is because the players are all playing thief

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Secret Agent Cow posted:

You can talk to his wife in the noble district and she gives you the quest to save him

I did pass by that lady and she told me about it but I never got a quest for it

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Captain Spoon posted:

My pawns keep chirping about some sort of "dragon's ligma". Should I be worried?

Who the hell is Steve Jobs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

neosloth posted:

Looks like it's already gone. DMCA?

With as litigious as B'z was over youtube uploads of the song a decade ago, this doesn't surprise me