Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
It's the RE engine as well, right? There will probably be some optimization coming along. It's optimized for dumb zombies and a bunch of angry monsters in smaller areas now and I'm betting Capcom wants to optimize the hell out of large areas for the upcoming open-world monster hunter.

acksplode posted:

Monster Hunter Rise is already on RE engine
Yeah, MH World as well. Both have confined spaces with monsters that phase in and out of the maps. The upcoming one is rumoured to have a big open world with dynamic wild-life, and this feels like a test-bed for that.

Imaginary Friend fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

acksplode posted:

MH World is not on RE engine. Both those games have big environments, if RE engine had limitations around large populated environments they'd be apparent on Rise.
Ah, I thought they switched to RE in world, my bad.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Arisen and Ongo. Going on adventures.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Everdraed posted:

really debated about making Undyne again since playing through DD1 with her chargin' in and causin' ruckuses was profoundly fun, maybe one of my favorite game experiences of all time... also whenever I logged in I'd need to spend a few minutes acceptin' kind words n gifts from folks recruitin' her, such a lovely mechanic haha

but I've never actually engaged with DD's magic much, so this time I think a nerdy lil mage who will give lots of helpful advice I can make fun of and ignore is the right path

ralsei's time to shine!

or uh, RALPH if ya use the filter, which cracks me up

06IFOTXMRSSI
tiny lil babby mage on PC, also do they really mix together 0's, O's, I's, and 1's?? jeez haha

please teach him many insights for his guidebook, in our short time together he's already learned MASSIVE LOADS from danny
Hah, your Devito looks better than mine. Where can I find those glasses?

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
So I had to google the quest for the masquerade; Went through the secret door, but the big doors are closed because the masquerade had ended. Will there be a new masquerade or am I borked?

Also, I redid my duo into something more, uh game of thronesy.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Basic Chunnel posted:

I love this weird rear end game but I hate encumbrance mechanics
This game is full of survival mechanics I usually don't like but here, I find them working together really good. It actually feels like going out on an adventure everytime you leave town.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Ytlaya posted:

When I entered the city (Battahl) from the Eastern side (because of the bizarre way I entered Battahl) some lady just accosted me in some narrow path asking if I wanted a house for 30k.

If you mean in the original capital city, that's from the house-sitting quest.
There's two houses to get in the first city I think. A random NPC in the fancy neighbourhood asks if you want to buy one as well. Didn't get that one because it was quite expensive iirc.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
I can't put my finger on it but every NPC feels like a soulless pawn with they bizarre way in how the dialogue is handled. It's like they skip every small talk aspect of a conversation and head straight into the quest or whatever information the player should get from it. Can't say I dislike it though because it adds to the other bonkers stuff in this world. And speaking of the world, this is probably the best realized one I've seen so far in a game.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Inzombiac posted:

I hate Mondays

Solid depiction of

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend

Baron posted:

Anyone else come up with cool combos for warfarer? I'm not clever enough to do anything fun with it apparently...
Magic Archer with the skill that loads up a bunch of arrows into one shot coupled with magic spearguy with immunity bubble and dash is pretty ok. You can cling to monster and swing around with the spear, switching to bow as you get further away or the enemy gets out of range. Wayfarer is kind of undercooked and clunky though, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Man, I wish they went even further with the exploration part. Travelling around with your dumb pawns in a misty rainstorm, hoping to find a campsite before some dragon or chimaera eats you is peak gaming.