Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

George Sex - REAL posted:

Either I didn't get it from this quest, or I somehow sold the item that grants the specialization. Any idea on if there's another way to get it?

He came and visited me at my house like a day or two later and handed it to me.

Lots of Oblivion-esque radiant AI jank in this game and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
I'm pretty sure you can get pawn specialization scrolls from raising affinity with NPCs. I made a habit of giving flowers to the bar keeper in the capital and she gave me a logistician scroll eventually. This is after already getting one from the priest dude.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
Game is dope, most refreshing thing I've played in years. I constantly have a big stupid grin on my face while playing, jank or no.

My current setup is Warfarer with 3 thief skills (skullsplitter, draw and quarter, implicate) and the holy staff for heals, levitate and killing undead. Switching implicate for high frigor for aoe is probably a better call, but the rope is just too much fun to get rid of.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
So I'm sizing up a gap across a ravine over a river and a hireling sorcerer goes:

"Hey dipshit, bet you forgot I'm magick and could totally make that jump."

Alright, go for it bud.

They make a running start and immediately fall 80ft into the brine with zero effort made to actually jump.

I sigh and head to the rift stone nearby when my main pawn chimes in:

"I think we should hire a sorcerer, they're known for their powerful Magicks."

I love my silly little guys.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
Found the Medusa fight at night. The reveal of the eyes in the dark followed by the big red spotlight effect was so loving cool looking. The lighting in this game in general is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
Just beat the game. Post game was really neat.

136 in game days
67 hours
Level 58

Pretty cool ending if a little confusing. So the brine was kind of the main villain? No more brine, dragon, or arisen? Dragon's Dogma 3 will be about swashbuckling high seas adventures and swimming?

What a dope game.