Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Third World Reagan posted:

Mage is 1 just for healing

my new game plus run is 4 red classes, no healing, lets go

Mage is also vital for weapon buffs, ghosts are so drat annoying without them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

pawns can't be spearhands

unless you're spearhand with the move upgrades that make them do magic damage

Ghosts move too quick and have annoying movement patterns to hit consistently with them. Jumping around a tiny cave while those fuckers float though walls was torture.

jokes posted:

Mage tax does suck, but you can just use items for healing. Not sure if there's an item to buff your weapon-- maybe a book?

There are books for all the weapon buffs, but I'd rather not carry a library around when Mages are right there also healing and casting protection spells. They just have so much utility that other classes don't that not bringing them feels crazy.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 27, 2024

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Is the Mage class kinda like playing a Mage in Eldenring in the sense that it feels very "easy mode" or like an "afterthought" compared to using all the actual melee weapons? I feel like I'm just mindlessly spamming Magic Missile and everything is autolocked/auto aim.

I kind of want to reroll, but I don't want to re-do the tutorial :sigh:

Mages still get a bunch of basic attack abilities. If you've just started you may not have those yet or be using them as much as you can. There's no mana bar in this game, so feel free to spam flamethrower over and over. However, Mages are most intended to be support using heals, buffs and protection spells.

A short while into the game you will unlock the Sorcerer vocation which is entirely about elemental combat spells however.