Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

This game is gonna run like a dream on the PS6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

e: wrong thread

can't wait for the Digital Foundry on this though, Alex B's gonna go IN

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

this game has performance issues on console but the lighting is quite beautiful. it captures "outside" light better than most games

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I really wish that they didn’t let you have long hair only to make it clip through your shield when you run. DD2 is by no means the only offender in this regard but it looks terrible and it’s what you’re staring at literally all the time, why can’t developers fix this

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

so wait. I watched Jeff Gerstmann play the beginning of this game the other day and there was a cart that you could take to the main city if you wanted.

I've been dicking around and Gregor says "well there was supposed to be a cart to take us there but it's not here so I guess we'll just walk". did I really miss it by taking too long to do this quest? because that's hilarious if so

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Goddamn the performance on console tanks in the city, they need to patch this poo poo

I’m getting like 15 FPS in spots

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the limited fast travel is starting to wear on me

actually it's not even the fast travel, it's the fact that I never have any camping packs and I'm constantly on the edge of over-encumbrance

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 26, 2024

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Leal posted:

Mayhaps we should pursue the services of an ox cart, Arisen.

what I could really use is an ox cart that periodically hauls my poo poo home for me

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Leal posted:

A good use for the pawns you meet in the wild. Nah I'm not looking to replace my party, but while you're out and about how about dropping this off at 21 Aught Lane?

they'd just die before they got home anyway. I've replaced a few pawns out in the wild and every time I dismiss one, I watch them almost immediately get their poo poo wrecked by goblins. sorry dude!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

if I ever find a pawn that has a "packmule" specialization he's getting hired on the spot, I don't care how much RC it costs me

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Play posted:

keep an eye out for the big fatties then, the more they weigh the more they can carry

did not know this. I now regret making my main pawn such a tiny thing

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I’m not far in but so far I don’t love the world. I keep getting disoriented and have to refer to my map constantly.

I think it’s because it seems like a big open world, but in truth is a labyrinth of narrow corridors flanked by unscalable cliffs. Hope it opens up some eventually.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

There’s something very Dark Souls about the aesthetic of this game. Like literally how the map and environments look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

well, I thought I was going to keep it on locked 30 FPS, but it turns out that those extra few frames you get from unlocked are pretty important in making it less choppy on an OLED