Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i'm guessing since vocations are single weapon only now, magick archer's will get more than three skill slots for their bow, right? i always liked the flare but couldn't justify the slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

official vocation quiz thingie

https://dragonsdogma.com/2/vocationquiz/en-us/

given the questions, i wasn't expecting to end up with my class of choice, magick archer

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What about the number of voice actors?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

am i misunderstanding something, or with voices being tied to inclinations, does that mean our pawns' voices will change when their inclination does?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

apparently no helmet hiding, as has become pretty standard.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

In DD1 I mapped sprint to the circle button (on top of the default interact function using Steam Input) because thumbstick buttons are painful, and looks like DD2 does the same thing.

Anyone know if R3/L3 are used for anything in DD2?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Reviews should be dropping in a little under 4 hours.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Exactly what wanted to hear, from the Gamespot review

quote:

It’s not often that a cult classic gets the green light for a sequel, especially 12 years after the original game was released. Capcom hasn’t tried to make Dragon’s Dogma 2 more palatable to potentially attract a wider audience, either. It stuck to the first game’s core values and expanded upon them to create a bigger and better game that consistently delights in its approach to seamless exploration and the thrill of adventure. This means it feels very familiar in a lot of ways, but it’s a game for those who fell in love with the original, despite its flaws, and will hopefully find an entirely new audience who perhaps never gave the first game a chance. Even after 40 hours, my heart continues to grow fonder for this special game. It’s an exceptional achievement that’s quite unlike anything else, and I wouldn’t hesitate to place it amongst the pantheon of Capcom’s very best.

turn off the TV posted:

8bitdo ultimate controllers are basically cheaper xbox ones with better build quality so you won't get stick drift or bumpers that break after a year in exchange for a moderately poo poo dpad

I prefer the Xbox ergonomics to the Ultimate.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Pretty vague, but this is what Gamespot had to say about PC performance:

The most noticeable misstep derives from Dragon's Dogma 2's performance on PC. My current rig exceeds the recommended specifications (aside from the CPU), and the game generally runs at around 60fps using the game's "High" preset. Sometimes it dips into the 40s and drops even lower inside villages and cities, but it's certainly playable, if a little unstable. The problem is that this performance is consistent across all visual settings, which leads me to believe it's a matter of poor optimization. I could've used the performance bump from lowering shadow quality and the like, but doing so has no effect. Ideally, this will be rectified with a day-one patch and driver updates, but it's not ideal at the time of writing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Unironically DD2 is Dragon's Dogma 2. It could have been a direct sequel with no time in between aside from the obvious visual/performance stuff not possible previously. It is unashamedly not inspired by any modern trends or trying to ape Souls or Skyrim or whatever. It's weird, janky, frequently strange, genuinely thinks that wasting your time is a feature and not a flaw, and it's much better for it. I don't want to say it is dated because it isn't really that it's dated. It is just unashamed of not following the trends of other modern fantasy/ARPG stuff, sometimes in good ways and sometimes in annoying ways.

Would you say it has a lot of new ideas too, or is it mostly iterating on DD1?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

From PC Gamer

Capcom's recommended hardware requirements should really be viewed as the absolute minimum, and ideally you’re going to need a 12th Gen Intel Core or Ryzen 5000-series or better CPU.

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/dragons-dogma-2-performance-analysis/

Bad 1% lows with a 5600X in the city

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

(it does suck tho that it's so badly optimized)

It probably is unoptimized, but it seems like it’s actually doing something with those cpu cycles.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i'm guessing this is going for hate clicks

https://x.com/TheAVClub/status/1770469669201473938

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It also has Denuvo, which has historically led to bizarre and awful performance problems in many games where they implemented it poorly.

but again, the performance issues on pc seem to be in line with those on consoles

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

cuntman.net posted:

if you are reading this thread then you must listen to this on loop until the game is done downloading or you will die irl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WeYkWUpccs

never heard this before, because apparently it was removed for Dark Arisen

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Roobanguy posted:

i have an i7-8700k. the overworld fps is good enough and stable enough that its more than playable, but i just got to the big city and the fps is defintely rough in there. hopefully its like the first game where low fps doesn't really matter because theres no combat but we'll see.

I mean, there is combat in towns. Monsters will attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

so there's no eternal ferrystone like in dark arisen?