Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

You don't need to do any leveling shenanigans anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Vermain posted:

not seeing any information about how wolves hunt in the OP. does anyone happen to know

I guess we'll have to find that out from one of our pawns, maybe they'll be able to help us.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Brb, I'm gonna go ahead and start spreading the idea that Fighter Pawns are pointless to try to limit my competition.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rinkles posted:

i'm guessing since vocations are single weapon only now, magick archer's will get more than three skill slots for their bow, right? i always liked the flare but couldn't justify the slot.

Single weapon, four skills but allegedly more Core skills than in first game. AFAIK.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

Will the bow require shooter style aiming or does it support lock on style combat? Or both? I'm not personally a fan of shooting with a controller, but I definitely want to play a third person action game with one. This is sort of the problem I have with GTA and CP2077, where I want keyboard and mouse on foot and a game pad in a vehicle.

The game has lock-on.
I played Magik Archer in DD1 with a controller and I thought it worked perfectly fine, despite me being a primarily a kb+m first kind of player.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Double the Dragon, keep the Dogma.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Do we know the date for the review embargo?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh fffffFUCK!

Every bit of damage you take lowers your max hp until you camp.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

TheMostFrench posted:

There's access to three different weapons, but you have the same number of skill slots as any other class.

In fact, you have less skill slots because one of the slots has to be used by the weapon switching skills.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

So there’s gonna be denuvo on this thing? How long does that usually take to come off, my understanding is that it’s usually removed some time after release?

Usually, 1 year, since Denuvo is a subscription service for the developers, unless Capcom decides to re-subscribe after a year for some reason.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

ah, denuvo. good to know the game will potentially run bad across all platforms.

There's a lot that's wrong with Denuvo but performance isn't one of those things.
There's no reason to spread disinformation.

DLC Inc posted:

"denuvo makes poo poo run bad" is mostly a meme but hearing an RE Engine game isn't running great on current gen consoles is really weird, so I'm expecting my PC to explode trying to run it at this point. All the previous stuff I've played that they made in the new engine has been perfect on consoles so I wish they'd show more from like, a PS5 runthrough

Street Fighter 6 open world also runs pretty poorly.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

External Organs posted:

Looks like meats back on the menu!

How do orks know what a "menu" is?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

Looking at the Human / Beastren split they were presenting in the video, I have something to say.

As a general rule you should always sell out humanity when you have the chance. The other guys are almost always universally cooler.

Except when it's furries.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Do you have to have a particular base vocation to unlock a particular player-only one? I used the character creator and wanted to make a Mystic Spearhand, and made her an archer since the main pawn I was making was going to be a fighter, and I don't want to find out I locked myself out of what I wanted to do like 10-15 hours in or something.

We don't know for sure.
In DD1 you had to level two specific vocations to unlock the hybrid one, but you could switch to any of the unlocked vocations at any time and all the base vocations were always unlocked, so you could eventually have all vocations available no matter what you started with.

We know that in DD2 you need to unlock some vocations with quests, so I'm guessing that they don't even have any other requirements anymore.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I hope all the advanced vocations have quests because it's way cooler than "get to level 10."

I'm pretty sure they said that's how you unlock all of the vocations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Upsidads posted:

whats this rift crystals poo poo?

It's the currency you earn from pimping.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

K8.0 posted:

Am I the only person who thinks everyone who plans to focus on a single class is mentally ill? I always felt like playing a bunch of different classes was the second best part of Dragon's Dogma after pawns.

Maxing out every vocation first before settling on your favorite one is probably the optimal way to play, but the way you wrote it is loving psychopathic.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh loving hell, Capcom is giving Asmongold an official pawn spot.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

So I get to throw Asmongold off a cliff?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

When your gums start bleeding from never brushing your teeth, make sure to wipe the blood on the wall so your audience can see it and relate to you.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ajkalan posted:

Yes, you could restart and keep all your stuff. Which also included a cool surprise in offline mode when you re-fight the Seneschal.

What was it?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh, of course it's that. I should've figured it out myself.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

lih posted:

watching someone stream it early and the pawns are basically constantly spouting inane dialogue, just with more variety than dd1

Can they tell me what goblin ill like? I can never remember.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

As far as I can see, the only real danger comes if one of the pawn personalities is so mechanically superior that everyone ends up using it exclusively. That seems unlikely though.

I imagine that specific pawn classes will skew heavily towards using a specific inclination and thus voice.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

There's an item that can give your pawn certain specializations, for example the one that makes them sort your inventory for you.

Art of Metamorphosis costs 500 RC.

Moves like Tusk Toss are now Core instead.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rinkles posted:

am i misunderstanding something, or with voices being tied to inclinations, does that mean our pawns' voices will change when their inclination does?

I think that inclination are set now, so that the mage pawn you made won't start trying to climb monsters anymore trying to copy your assassin arisen.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Clocks posted:

Wait, pawns can organize your inventory for you? Because I have a friend who has the messiest game inventories I've ever seen. He definitely needs that.

We don't exactly know what it entails other than that the pawn shuffles the items between your 4 characters to balance the weight load, at the very least.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hamelekim posted:

Also, does character size affect your ability to hold onto flying creatures, especially in regards to their size vs yours? Say a smaller thief holding onto a harpy vs a max size warrior affecting the monster's ability to fly? I'm just wondering in terms of how I might want to play the game.

That's how it worked in the first game, yes.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Considering how detailed the character creator is and it's effects on the gameplay, this is probably the absolute best game to make yourself in.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

So I thought I heard some talk of being able to switch vocations mid battle, or was that just the Warfarer vocation before we knew what it was?

It was the Warfarer.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Melee strikes damage all enemies that they hit, so you don't really need lock-on for that, and if you're an archer and you're surrounded by enemies then you have already hosed up.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Zore posted:

Also there was an auto lock-on for a lot of skills in DD1, at least for Sorcerer/Magick Archer/Mage/Mystic Knight

Magic specifically had lock-on in DD1.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

If the leveling system is anything like the first game then the correct answer is "every class" so that you can use the best augments from every class while you're figuring out which class you like playing the most.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Khanstant posted:

They changed the leveling system, you no longer get to make the ultrabeast character by power leveling specific classes to ideal limits for best stat growth.

This should make the game balance feel a little more natural to people but it also means I can't be the special boy better than everyone else because I jumped through the obtuse hoops I read about online.

Do you know if the Augments are still a thing or not though? Because that's a separate system.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That's right, keep making those Mage and Archer Pawns.
That's exactly how I'm going to make bank on pimping out my thirst-trap Warrior Pawn.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.vg247.com/dragons-dogma-2-12-years-in-the-making

Dragon's Dogma 2 was apparently in development since 2019.

So I'm guessing "Ladies Night" had to die so that DD2 could live.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Draven posted:

Wonder how many Karlach pawns we're going to see.

You can't really make Karlach. Without the skin tone or the horns, even if you recreate the face it's not that recognizable.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Goddammit Itsuno, I know it's pretty much just marketing speech but you make me want to believe in you. You make me want to believe in the Moon.

I'm a bit worried about getting too hyped up and then getting disappointed but when Itsuno said "it will exceed your expectations" about Devil May Cry 5, a big chunk of the fan base laughed at the statement, for being typical marketing exaggeration, including me.

And then the game exceeded everyone's expectations. Max Acted them even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Stop spoiling the game, god dammit.