Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Dwarves are also hard confirmed to exist, though it's unclear if they'll have anything as significant as the elf stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

... Huh???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy_rEa1QpL8

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I suppose it was too much to hope for some actual new info, they seem to have revealed everything they're going to at this point. I just hope it's because they're keeping stuff hidden, and not because that's all there is. Not even talking about vocations, just monster variety.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I wonder if MA is also going to require finding a trainer like apparently MS and Trickster do.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Welp, game's in the wild folks. Some dude with a buddy at Walmart is already streaming it. For my part, it's time to shut out the internet for a week.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Looking at some of the leaker stuff, yeah, pawns have a LOT of dialogue now, including conversations with each other that are affected by their inclination. It's a bit of a shame there's only four of em, but considering the sheer volume it's very understandable. I just wish they hadn't bothered with the pitch shifted voices, they all sound terrible and you just know the optimized mage waifu pawn you hire is going to end up having an annoying maximum high pitched voice.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Goddammit Itsuno, I know it's pretty much just marketing speech but you make me want to believe in you. You make me want to believe in the Moon.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Phlegmish posted:

Well I tend to get attached to my party members in video games so I'm not going to drop a pawn I like just because they contracted a pawn STD

I mean, if it works like the original hired pawns don't level up while in your party so you'll have to drop them eventually.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I just hope the game runs alright on my rig, my GPU is up to recommended levels but my CPU is above minimum but below recommended. Hopefully DLSS and lowering some settings will get it running alright.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm simply going to close my eyes and hope that somehow my crappy system will manage to at least run okay when not in big cities. And I guess just cry and cope while in said big cities. My poor poor 8700...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So I guess we just aren't getting a PC preload?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Anyways I give it a week before some enterprising modder finds out that the reason everything runs like rear end is because they're calculating the exact physics interactions of the teeth of each NPC in the world at the same time or something. It's always something silly when the optimization is this awful.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

GMG still hasn't sent me my dang keeeeey! I might end up minutes behind on downloading DD2! Minutes!
Edit: Complaining on the internet works, they sent my key literally seconds after I hit submit.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Game's definitely a bit choppy on my 3060/i7 8700 system but nothing unplayable with FSR 3. Gets really rough in the capital though, woof.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I've taken to just hitting Go! whenever my pawns say anything. Also if you give a fighter pawn Springboard they'll sometimes suggest using it to let you hit tall ledges which is cool. There's a couple treasures I've seen out and about that seem like they absolutely require levitate tho, they're even too far away to yell at a mage pawn to grab. Bit disappointed in the thief wall jump, seems basically useless for exploration and too janky to use effectively in combat.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Nearly every goon I have as a friend on Steam that was playing DD2 on release had the same idea I did of making a fighter pawn so I had to rely on actually hiring randos for my mage needs. I may need to reclass my own fighter into a mage soon, I guess everyone overcorrected from the mage popularity in the first game lmao.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

explosivo posted:

Really gotta get used to the controls, I keep wanting to hit RB to bring up my skills instead of LB. I love the Thief's powder keg move, climbing onto the face of an ogre and planting a bomb on it then detonating it while jumping away is just cool as gently caress.

I just swapped those. Makes way more sense to my brain that way.

Edit: Ensnare is so loving good in this game like holy poo poo. Four skill slots is hard on Thief, I want everything...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man some of the cave design in this game is cool as hell. Freaking 3 level caves with two boss-level monsters in it. Sick poo poo.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man I can't wait until some of these weirder/more indepth sidequests get explored by a bunch of people online, I'm pretty sure I hosed up at least one or two of em so far.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

They want to force you to do the collectathon because the reward for... 50? tokens is a "helmet" that's just a circlet and can be used on any vocation. I know that's the reward I'M aiming for. But until then my pawn is helmetless.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I love/hate how some quests have completely hidden steps or endings. Like how for the quest where you follow around the beggar you can give the clothes back to the guy who gave you the quest, to the fake beggar or, the funniest option, to the fake beggar's wife and that last option is totally unmarked and requires you to have been paying attention to what's actually going on in the quest/the dialog.

Edit: I'm also pretty sure there's non-obvious stuff to do on Agatha's quest considering her dialog about the river and what some random NPCs said while I was doing it about some little rich boy who looks exactly like her.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 23, 2024

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The MTX stuff has been seriously overblown by reviews, it's incredibly unintrusive and essentially pointless. The performance, however, is truly quite bad and in a specific way that seems like it'd be hard to fix, remains to be seen. Other than that, game's great, exploration owns, quests own, combat owns.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Jack Trades posted:

Rotten food is really useful now since you can craft it into lantern oil.

Lantern oil runs out so drat slowly it actually shocked me the first time it ran out because I had forgotten it was a mechanic completely since it was like hours and hours into the game.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I switched off Thief because I needed to be an Archer for a quest and now I keep seeing places I could easily bomb jump to and it's annoying. Also I resolved one sidequest in the dumbest way possible (related to a noble guy being sent off to fight a thing): the timed quest where you have to go help some guy fight a Dullahan. Well. The fight didn't go well but the Dullahan just leaves if it kills the guy for some reason. So I just Wakestoned him afterwards and it counted as rescuing him, heh. Sucks for his underlings tho, who also died.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man everyone and their mother seems to have found the Thief maister and I still haven't found ANY maisters, including any of the hybrid vocation teachers... (besides the fighter one the game literally points out to you but he didn't teach me anything and I dunno how to get him to do so)

Maybe I should actually do any of the main quests at this point instead of randomly exploring and doing sidequests.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Pawns are excitable little idiots who loving LOVE ladders. Holy poo poo do they love pointing out ladders.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Also having played some more I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that DD2 may have the best caves in gaming, period. Really good caves. Definitely in the top 10 at the very least.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Calidus posted:

I’m probably just dumb but I have come across a couple quest markers on map that seem don’t seem to have anyone or anything to interact with. Specifically a guy in a tower and a ladder that needs to be kicked down from a ledge.

That's not quest markers, it's just your pawns marking ladders. Pawns REALLY like marking ladders. There's not really quest markers in the game, besides the ones from quests you're currently on.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Presumably it's because your main pawn (or hired pawns) can get brined or otherwise lost and then you'd be out in the wilds without pawns or a camping kit. Although tbh there's riftstones all over the dang place so it's not that big of a problem. Of note: While hired pawns auto-toss stuff into storage when lost, your main pawn keeps all their stuff so it's PROBABLY fine to keep it on them.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Hmm. I feel like I shouldn't give this little girl these incredibly rare and powerful grimoires. However, it is a quest. So who can say what's right or wrong?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The omni-vocation circlet you can get for 50 Seeker's Tokens also takes a couple gems. I think 1 onyx and 2 tiger eyes?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

It's really weird how few Chimeras seem to be in this game, considering how common they were in the original. I'm like 32 hours in and I've fought a grand total of one. Are they ALL over in Battahl or something? On the other hand, WAY more Ogres.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Shyrka posted:

I accidentally sold the courtly breeches you get given for sneaking into the masquerade, I really hope they're a version I can get back cheap from the salvage guy and don't cost as much as the courtly breeches you can buy from the sundries shop in the Vernworth for 100k+.

Failing that, anyone know any chests where I can find courtly clothes? I found a chest full of marcher armour in the castle which made me annoyed at having bought that for my sneaking mission earlier.

There's like 3 or 4 sets just lying around in various nobles houses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

What the heck's a roborant anyways? Chewing these drat things down by the dozens but no clue what the heck they actually are.