Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Haven't watched too much footage but this looks really good. Environments look like they'll be fun to explore. Also sounds like they worked with Nvidia so it'll have all the bells and whistles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I just use the blocktube extension. Haven't seen any of that losers videos in years.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Weird that DLSS 3 isn't in the review copy. Apparently the dll is there. Hopefully a day one patch will enable it or it will be available soon.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Every day I am grateful for being a superior evolved being who can’t perceive the difference between 30 FPS and 60 making all this poo poo irrelevant to me.

Depends on your screen. 30 fps on an OLED is really choppy I've found.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/JurassicRabbit/status/1770587660022841432?s=20

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Owl Inspector posted:

yeah, when I saw how returnal, demon's souls remake and ghost of tshusmina looked while running at a smooth 60 all the time, I thought we were in the clear for major release performance on ps5. this is wild.

It's not just visuals though. There's a lot more going on under the hood in this game. Those games you mentioned have pretty static open worlds with not much interactivity going on. This game is more like the Zelda games with all the physics poo poo.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

e:

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 21, 2024

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

God, this game is loving cool. It runs fairly well for me but I have a newer pc.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Puredark just released a free frame gen enabler for those with a 4000 series Nvidia GPU. Works pretty well so far it seems.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Just found my first seeker token. There are 240 of them lol...

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Riftstone of the Noontide

"Find female pawns of large stature."

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Goblin threw a rock at a boulder which caused it to come crashing down on a pawn

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Just found out you can turn the vignette off with the latest Reframework nightly build. Can also further adjust fov.

https://github.com/praydog/REFramework-nightly/releases

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This game does night time so well.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Kind of enjoying playing healing mage, just sitting back throwing heals on people and dropping bombs on enemies.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I think I somehow glitched out of bounds. There was an invisible wall that I got through by dying and now I'm in the mountains north of Vernworth clipping through poo poo. Probably shouldn't mess with this.

e: nice view though

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 25, 2024

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I like how you get mail at your house as you progress and finish quests.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

levitate is so clutch, i can't imagine playing without it but i'm sure other classes have similar things

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

40 hours and just got to the elven village. Still have some Brant quests left lol. Sure it has issues but this game is really clicking with me. Wandering around forests and discovering poo poo is really fun.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Ulrika's face gets so red when I talk to her now.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Also, after the patch the frame gen mod seems a lot more stable. I haven't crashed yet with it and I had to stop using it I was crashing so much before.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Mod that lets you blacklist certain lines pawns say. I like this because you can pick and choose. There's one thing my pawn says every time I start sprinting and it is so drat annoying.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Was not expecting this big dude down in the cave.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Mystic Spearhand isn't clicking with me at all so I tried Thief. Holy poo poo this rules.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Why have I only played ranged. Melee is so fun climbing on giant monsters and tearing them up.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

The bad ending for Short-Sighted Ambition is so hosed lol

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Formless Feint + Blades of Pyre just destroyed this griffin, drat.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I'm destroying drakes now, this poo poo rules.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

All these statues pointing at sealed off tombs. For dlc maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Candescent orb is really nice on MA. Just shoot on the ground for good aoe and it also destroys Griffins cause it keeps them on fire for so long.