Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Unlucky7 posted:

I am trying to complete the first game and I am currently on the Deny Salvation quest, which I am pretty sure is near the end. While the game is real fun at its best, I am feeling a bit of burn out slightly, though maybe it will pass once I get some sleep. I just wanted to confirm if I am near the end because I hear real good things about it.

Second-to-last mission of the main game. Third-to-last main mission of the game, in practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Hamelekim posted:

I'm a bit confused about the release date.

On Steam it says March 21st for release date. But I'm seeing March 22nd for console release date. So does that mean on PC I can play on the 21st, and console is 22nd, or is the date off on the Steam page?

Also, does character size affect your ability to hold onto flying creatures, especially in regards to their size vs yours? Say a smaller thief holding onto a harpy vs a max size warrior affecting the monster's ability to fly? I'm just wondering in terms of how I might want to play the game.

I believe that it's supposed to come out March 22nd at midnight in your area on console, so it is an instance of places like Australia actually get the game a day earlier. I think that Steam may not do that, though, and so it probably comes out midnight GMT? Maybe Midnight for Japan. Hard to tell at the moment until we get the hours countdown.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
I'm not very fond of Mystic Spearhand and it's making me miss Mystic Knight. It has individually cool moves, but its entire moveset feels pretty awkward and unfocused and the aesthetics suck rear end. Symmetrical double weapons are dumb as hell and the names of all of its skills are aggressively silly. Dragoune's Stabbe?? Gross

Edit: The game already calls magic "magick" why does this one call it Magike how loving dare you, ddog 2

mdct fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 24, 2024

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Volte posted:

Why are so many pawns named SphinxFather and SphinxMother? There's like ten of each in the monthly ranking list

It was a funny oversight left-in moniker when the character creator & storage first launched and was hotfixed out less than a day later, but regardless, people got a bunch of them hard locked in early before it could get patched out.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
God, this game is extremely Dragon's Dogma 2 in the sort of "he is extremely his father's son" kind of way. The quest design is just so hostile in a way that very few games are.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
You can change them at campsites without needing to rest at them, but yeah, I feel like the game really wants like one more skill. Just one - with how much more the skills do in this game compared to DDog 1 maybe a full 6 would have been too many, but 5 is, I think, where it shoulda ended up.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Nuebot posted:

Does your pawn's gear get dragonforged this time around or do you still have to do the lame gear swap stuff?

Dragonforging is just a manual final step of upgrade you do at a specific place so it doesn't require you to wear it to be able to dragonforge it.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Owl Inspector posted:

I really wish using a riftstone would auto resummon all of your pawns that just dunked themselves into the brine instead of only your main pawn because it feels bad to have a cool pawn go back with no gift/rating

The first game did this and it was so common have pawns get the default rating because they brined themselves that it seemed like a complete no brainer to change.

That wasn't a thing in the first game at all.

Edit: Ambiguity in the post. Yeah, no, that's right. It would be nice if the riftstone did that in either game.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

CJacobs posted:

Yeah he's just gone, resting won't bring him back and he hasn't been murdered by rogue pawns or something. This is a good reminder after 20 hours of play that video games are a time investment and if they don't respct you, you don't have to respect them by finishing them or talking about any of their positive qualities. Don't buy this game, regardless of if it's fun to play it doesn't matter because it's not even finished

The ability to buy a house in Vernworth (which only costs 20,000) happens pretty early on and does every task an inn does. The innkeeper being gone, if it's actually a huge deal down the line for whatever reason, is also fixable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
One isolated instance of what is a probable bug happening makes a game completely unacceptable to purchase? Sure.