Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
do you have to carry around the big pan you use for the fmv cooking everywhere too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

watching someone stream it early and the pawns are basically constantly spouting inane dialogue, just with more variety than dd1

lih
May 15, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Normally this would be very annoying, like God of War Ragnarok levels of annoying, but DD1's pawn dialogue managed to somehow add a lot of charm and personality to the game.

yeah it's so inane that it loops around into being endearing. it's still a very strange approach but it's certainly better than the player character narrating every action they take

lih
May 15, 2013

i don't think dd1 was very reminiscent of dark souls but they both are fantasy action rpgs with pretty distinct visions so i can at least vaguely understand the comparison. dd2 sounds like it's further emphasising its distinct vision and making design choices that deliberately create points of friction compared to most other games, which is also something fromsoft do in their own way, but it doesn't really seem like dd2 is imitating dark souls any more than 1 was (not really at all)

lih
May 15, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh it runs on the Deck. Runs like absolute garbage but still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO_v46XqKkU

This is RE Engine, right? I'm curious how they're having so many performance issues with it this has otherwise been a fantastic engine on other games.

it's really cpu intensive, especially in cities, seemingly because of the complex npc ai