Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014
The wind needs to come push this "compiling shaders" bar harder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014
This link should probably go in the OP : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CPUxGkeK6FHGsSe1igMFOsSc-81RxfUxVHRDqr-KyE4/edit#gid=0

Just add your pawns in there!

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014
For those doing the early quest Claw Them Into Shape. There's a small point of no return : when you get back to the beginning and Beren challenges you to a duel, you can actually lose and there's no way to restart it. The quest will automatically continues. You need to go back to your last tavern save if you wish to try again. I would guess those two states brings different consequences/rewards?

Also, did anyone try (also early quest) : to poison by accident the river next to Melve?

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Man, walking all the way back for that quest was such a clusterfuck. There was a griffon north of the city that attacked me and while my party was running from it we ran into a troll. Then an ox cart caravan just wandered into the middle of everything. Absolute chaos

This thread is moving so fast, but I just wanted to reply by saying that this game owns so much exactly because of this emergent gameplay and narrative. Absolute fun.

I'm also very curious about how some quests can be resolved differently, and I really hope there's a NG+. I'm all for those old school hidden steps in those quests, personally.

Also, I find this Pawn system pretty amazing. You can setup quests for your pawn and give rewards to the players hiring them. I've been having a blast just completing some goons quests and giving them a nice gift afterwards :3:

That list in the OP is a godsend. Thanks Shoehead for taking the initiative to create it!

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014

TheMostFrench posted:

This is about to be something

Holy poo poo I just did that 20 minutes ago. That fight was loving rad.

e: You can actually wait for the bird to leave giving you about 5 minutes to kill the golem before it comes back.

Lamare fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 24, 2024

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014
Just cleared an early timed quest Till Death do us Part. It's so very missable. Basically, the trigger to start the quest is very weird. Here's some info that might help some, the quest is rather very early after you first enter the capital :

When you first arrive, you can talk to Gregor's wife in the Nobles Residences. She then mention Gregor has left to fight a Dullahan at the Illdoers Resting Place. This is not the quest starter. At this point, I went directly to the the Swamps and only found a Lich, Gregor was nowhere to be found. After completing only the Trevo Mine part of the Main quest, returning to the city in the Nobles Quarters will make someone mention that Gregor is on a suicide mission and have departed last night. This also doesn't start the quest. If you go back to the Swamps, Gregor is still nowhere to be found. I think someone mentionned earlier in the thread, however, that Gregor could still die after a while. It is only when you get back to his wife, mention the rumors, that the quest begins, and you can save Gregor.

Really should keep track of those missables quests and conditions. Game is amazing and is really like the original.

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014
So uh, anybody knows how to let the skeleton lord or whatever open the door in the Ancestral Chamber? He's just bugging and running and shielding for me, but never attacking. He also have a poo poo load of health.

e: Apparently, you can use the Trickster vocation to create an effigy and make the skeleton attack that from the other side? Unfortunately I haven't unlocked that class yet, so I can't verify.

Lamare fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 27, 2024

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014
I kind of wish you could immediately see the Pawn Quest Rewards players have put in the Rift Menu. Feels like you have to manually check each pawn to have that information. No sir, i won't do this just for an apple.

I'm actually glad that info is straight up added in our goon pawn list excel sheet. Way easier to see what people need, it's fantastic.

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Aw. I did but it's empty. Is there a way to confirm somewhere if he died? The inn building isn't even close by but EVERYONE lost their minds. It just happened a minute ago so maybe he's lying dead on the floor or something idk. Way to kill all my motivation to play the game capcom.

If I recall, you can ask the guy at the entrance of the morgue.

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014
Holy poo poo, can't you remove scars from your main pawn? Are they permanent? I tried going to the barber but I can't just remove any. I usually don't mind some of them, but they literally put one on their face and they now look like the joker.

Didn't save in an inn for some time too.

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

I think you can remove them at a hot spring.

Broken Cog posted:

Take a dip in the hot springs

Oh alright, that's good to hear! Didn't cross the border yet, but I'm about to now, illegally.

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014

BadLlama posted:

So I went to a goblin mine, killed some gobos, found a greatsword an was like cool, i'm not a warrior and sold it.

Turns out, I needed that for a quest, but there is no buyback at the store. Did I gently caress myself over or can I find a greatsword somewhere ekse?

Did you try the Scrap Store in Checkpoint Town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

I cannot go five minutes without my pawn catching the 'blight. I don't want to be judgmental, but I'm starting to think it might be a lifestyle issue.

Whoever has a pawn named Charlotte, I'm pretty sure she was the one who originally had it.

That would be me. Time for a bath.

But seriously thought, I'm pretty sure she's normal. Just logged in and she seems completely fine. Still gave her the wash, just in case. Maybe she just passed it? She got hired a lot. But now that I think of it, another pawn looked suspicious last night...

Also, would it be possible to unlock that sorting setting in the pawn goon list? I don't mind having some owner's restriction on it, but it would make searching easier for everybody.

Lamare fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 7, 2024