Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
game feels really good but I'm not a fan of this loss meter thing coupled with inns being expensive for the sole purpose of loving you over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sum Gai posted:

Wow, that's, uh, wow. Hoping that gets patched out at some point.

judging by the first game: probably not

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Danger posted:

Dunno what is the cut off but after you do the first Brant quest go back to Melva and you can unlock he spellsword equivalent. It’s missable though

There's actually a lot of different ways to meet that guy, apparently He has a house near Harve you can just go visit him at if you kill the saurians in town while he's around

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

victrix posted:

what's up with the steam reviews, this is tracking like a horrible mobile game or some poo poo

game runs bad on pc and there's the usual capcom "sell basic things" dlc which people are suddenly mad about because of the former

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Man, Mystic Spearhand really feels like the “Main Character” class, huh? Air Dash, ranged slow, and a (maybe?) invulnerable shield with no cooldown that affects allies too?

it helps that the fountain in the middle of the Vernworth merchant quarter is literally an Arisen decapitating a dragon with a duospear

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Jack Trades posted:

I'm trying to avoid all spoilers but I couldn't help but notice MASSIVE amounts of crybaby posts online about how Dragonblight is the worst thing ever that ruins the whole game. Which is very funny.

Now, I don't know what it is exactly, but somehow I doubt it's game ruining.

It can possibly ruin your game but you really have to let it go and ignore a bunch of giant flashing warning sirens for it to happen

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Play posted:

Did some mystic spearhand, about half mastery, but couldn't really love it. There are some very cool moves, and maybe I gave up too early, but it just didn't feel nearly as good as the Thief.

I think I will try trickster next, although I don't think I have very good gear for it.

Amazingly, I actually perfectly remembered where mine was. Luckily it was in a notable place, next to one of those statues you often find that can have messages on them. Near the little girl death-mage-in-training's house.

You probably gave up too early. Spearhand really takes a bit to get everything it needs to click

People are sleeping on that dragoon jump counter too. That thing will instantly get you on top of monsters in a standing position and ready to stab

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 26, 2024

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Deified Data posted:

Is the double jump for the rogue classes still a thing?

There's an attack you can use as a psuedo-double jump but no core skill for it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vargs posted:

Enjoying Warfarer as a Warrior + Archer hybrid. Warrior has strong regular attacks, Ravening Lunge is great vs smaller enemies, Heavenward Sunder gives me an answer vs large ones, and when I have to deal with anything that's annoying to fight with a two-hander, I have a bow with Deathly Arrow. Not really doing any fancy combo stuff but it's very versatile in a way that I think is more valuable than just having 2 more regular Warrior skills.

There's a skill that gives you an explosive double jump as thief. Seems to have zero in-combat utility (can't even grab monsters after using it), but it's very nice for getting around if you're willing to sacrifice a skill slot.

It makes targets flinch, with the upgrade having a much higher ratio for doing it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Jack Trades posted:

OH gently caress ME!
Mystic Spearhand's primary mechanic wants me to do Blue Rose charge shots?!

At least it's not an exceed mechanic.

yes spearhand is nero and like nero wants you to be holding R1 at all times

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't mind the mob density because hitting buttons and killing tings feels good

Also if dp gains work like last game you're getting more from those goblins and harpies than you are ogres or chimera

I'm also going to say if you're having problems with cyclops fights taking too long that's on your tactics or gear. They're the Goomba of big monsters.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Khanstant posted:

Uhh I was just attacked by 2 lizards in the middle of vernworth, near the pub.

yeah that'll happen

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Khanstant posted:

Does that ranking make a distinction between pawn and arisen bc it's very different for either. I don't wanna stand around in a robe and charge a spell, but I'm happy to have a Pawn do that sort of busywork for me.

On the other hand Mystic Spearman makes the whole squad invincible and destroys all enemies handily, but only if you're doing it. A Pawn Spear can't think to start casting the next shield right when the previous will fall off by the time you finish casting the next, and they won't spam dragoon jumps to chop heads as quickly either.

pawns can't be spearhands

Nephthys posted:

Mage is also vital for weapon buffs, ghosts are so drat annoying without them.

unless you're spearhand with the move upgrades that make them do magic damage

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There are also weapons with permanent enchants

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
got excited to fight my first drake only to find out that while my back was turned it walked into the ocean and died

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's checkable math. The site's accurate.

Hell the "increase Strength" augment from Thief gives you...a whopping 30 strength. They very clearly didn't want people to feel like they had to play vocations they didn't want to for gains.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't buy that dlc leak for a second because looking at that guy's twitter it's just him constantly posting unverified bullshit and complaining about the wokes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't know how anyone who played the first Dragon's Dogma had any expectations for the story in this one. Like, it's there, but it's clearly not the focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
wait people are having problems with the spearhand teleport? I haven't had any issues with it like 98% of the time

the class absolutely has big damage moves but you have to build your gear for them. Dwarven smithing your weapon makes the Maister skill hit like a truck for instance. The laser will also shred weak points.