Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Mad Wack posted:

think i might do goku as my main and his pawn, vegeta

Sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Pwnstar posted:

I'm making some assumptions about game mechanics but Warfarer will be the best class because it can probably equip any armor item in the game, maximising fashion possibilities.

gently caress you're right

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

True Dragon's Dogma experience.

Yessss it's back

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I'm ready to become a cat man

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Communist Thoughts posted:

Wait how do you make a hairless cat person?

Also still waiting on my gmg code :(

I think that's the short hair option flesh-colored

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Man why's it gotta drop the same night as new Dungeon Meshi and Bang Bravern

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Anyone know how you update your pawns loadout in the rift in this one? Is it still resting overnight?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Game runs great but for some reason it generates a crash report every time I exit out when no crash is happening

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Anyone know how to delete saves and start over? My wife wants to make a change to her character

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Shoehead posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3195345797
here you go, I had to do this this morning when I accidentally made my character 5 foot 1

Thanks, do you know if this deletes your character creator data?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Also is it taking like 5-10 minutes to compile shaders every time you open the game for anyone else? Game performs great otherwise.

Harlock posted:

People in the comments say it does, so back it up

Do you happen to know what the character creator saves are called?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
After hundreds of hours of the first game I didn't think 2 would be able to make night time scary again, but you bet your rear end they've got me scrambling to turn in ASAP

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
gently caress that trek to the capital on foot was brutal. Consider taking up Gregor on his offer to take the ox cart there. Hell of an adventure though.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So do items you give to other people's pawns to hold as pack mules disappear if you dismiss them? I had a tent disappear from my party inventory at a pivotal moment - it wasn't destroyed so I figure the pawn that was carrying it just hosed off with it?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Man, I know people tend to get weird over some new game stuff but people are being absolute freaks about this, as if the company that did red orb packs for DMC has sunk to a new low here.

Meanwhile, I'm bashing my face against this cyclops that I know I can take down if I keep at it but if it so much as taps me, I turn into a fine red mist. 11/10 goty.

Don't you understand, every game needs a discourse now to make content off of

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
How do you enable augments from other classes in this?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Warrior feels perfect, finally feels like a whole class

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Volte posted:

There's also a Steam review (liked by 12k+ people) that claims your character is kept on the server and nothing you do locally will affect it and you have to pay $1.99 to start over which, even if you're wilfully being as uncharitable as possible, is still objectively a lie. People are making the wildest possible assumptions (or straight up making poo poo up) and acting as if they're true because they like being part of the righteous mob. Consider what happens if someone simply gets a new PC and installs Dragons Dogma on it, and has cloud saving disabled and thus does not have access to their old save file. Or on the PS5, if they simply don't have PS+ and thus don't have access to cloud saving. Do you honestly think that person is going to be banned from the game as a matter of policy?

The degree to which people are making poo poo up (including a rosy tinted non-existent past with a dlc-less DD1) just to feel involved in the Discourse is wild

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Asking again since I think it got lost in the thread, is anyone getting a crash report when they exit the game for no apparent reason? Happens 100% of the time.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Popete posted:

I didn't realize this was releasing today and went to the steam page and its "mixed", so of course I went and looked up actual reviews and looked at this thread and ended up buying it.

This is the way lol. Having the opposite opinion of steam reviewers is usually a good thing.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

MeatwadIsGod posted:

It was also true of DD1 but man I love how nighttime looks in this game. Incredibly dark with little splashes of warm lighting from lanterns, torches, braziers, etc. All the character models look especially good in that lighting. I finally did that beggar quest despite being like level 22 (haven't even done the first story mission in the capital yet), and the only thing that made the tailing mission palatable was admiring all the lighting in the capital after dark.

When does this guy actually move? Night time?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Owl Inspector posted:

a dark souls 2 style HP penalty per death (but about 3x as severe as that game) is not something I expected and it suck rear end

Camping is free

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
What time of day are you supposed to start following the homeless story teller guy, I can never catch him leaving

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Axetrain posted:

Does this game have a good amount of open world exploration ala Elder Scrolls games?

I would say the first games exploration wasn't matched til Elden Ring, and it's sequel makes Elden Rings exploration look like an Ubisoft game. It's real good

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

jokes posted:

I fuckin’ hate my guy and my pawn is ugly and I am extremely upset

You made them

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Is there any way to access your storage in the rest town?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
gently caress I finally figured out that bum storyteller quest after stubbornly smashing my head against it since day 1. You bet your rear end I ratted him out, gently caress this guy.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

TastyAvocado posted:

Yeah there's a resting inn up a staircase next to the drinking inn, I didn't see it at first either.

gently caress I searched all over, thanks lol

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

SHISHKABOB posted:

Is there a point to "multiclassing" vocations? Like ahould i get max rank mage? Or can I just go the whole game as sorcerer and it's fine.

Look at the augments each class can learn on the vocation change screen and decide what if any of them you'd like on your pawn - you can equip augments learned as one class onto any other class.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

What did I miss out on lol

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Man almost lv30 and still don't feel up to taking out a drake lol

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

It is actively amazing watching some of the pissbaby meltdowns over dragonsplague lmao, its like dragonrot back again.

Itsuno putting in a 'being lovely to your pawn and not paying attention has consequences' system and getting screamed at that he's scamming people and that they won't buy the game until its removed is such a hilarious indictment lmao

check your map

By being lovely do you mean dragonplague is more common if you throw them around?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Is the double jump for the rogue classes still a thing?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Communist Thoughts posted:

can i not give flowers to or romance the warrior maister guy? we're obviously in love

Where is this guy

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Does this game have a wedding ring like the first one?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Man the inn in Battahl is such a trap lmao

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I started throwing boulders at enemies and now my pawns loving love doing that, it's surprisingly effective

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Yeah he's just gone, resting won't bring him back and he hasn't been murdered by rogue pawns or something. This is a good reminder after 20 hours of play that video games are a time investment and if they don't respct you, you don't have to respect them by finishing them or talking about any of their positive qualities. Don't buy this game, regardless of if it's fun to play it doesn't matter because it's not even finished

Most embarrassing kind of post tbh

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
It's amazing and nostalgic to be back on the ground floor of the "this game is mid why do you actually like it" phase of a Dragon's Dogma game's life cycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

doomfunk posted:

also on fighter: am I crazy or does shield bash have a block component to it? I use it all the time and the double bash in particular feels a bit like a less effective perfect block at times.

It would be in brand for Capcom to implement Monster Hunter style guard points into the fighter moveset