Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i am just getting started with this game and having a lot of fun. just got to the capital and got a bit of decent armor etc. now wandering off to explore and do the quest to open up some more vocations. i love how much more alive the world feels than most open world games

im wondering tho is it just me or is it a lot harder to climb up onto larger enemies in this game? i cant quite figure out the technique, whereas in in the first game it was pretty easy to just grab a leg or whatever and climb up

also seems like there are some larger enemies that are "easy" in the sense that you can just constantly beat them down and they don't fight back much but at the same time "high level" because they have massive health bars and take loving forever to kill? i hope those are rare..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i don't mind the subject matter but they all just talk way too much. they are also far too similar to one another, personality-wise. i felt like the last game had a bit more diversity in their tones of voice and attitudes but maybe thats rose tinted glasses

they also just need, in general, to chill out. i walk into a town and these people hanging out with me start running all over the place stealing poo poo immediately. its a bit embarassing. i know the game doesn't have a proper stealth/theft mechanic but at least be a little subtle about it jeez. also the constant high fives, just dial it down a bit.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

wow, bad takes.

high fives should be reserved for moments of victory or when something cool happens, not when they randomly bump into you in the middle of a fight!

maybe i just have a guy with that disease. maybe there's more than one disease. maybe some of the pawns are just idiots.

Third World Reagan posted:

The amount that they do it makes it awful and bad.

yeah this. the first couple times it happens i liked it. but after many hours of gameplay it feels a bit spammy

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Sloober posted:

i wish i could make them go steal stuff much more intentionally. do you have any idea how much time it saves looting when you run your own little orphan petty theft ring? lots! I'm not super paranoid about knowing where stuff is that they got it, in fact, i do not care where they found it. It's mine now. Scatter, pawns, and find me filthy lucre

yeah to be clear i dont mind that the pawns "steal" its just that they do it an a brazen, random and completely disorganized way that mostly just results in inventory clutter. if you could direct your thief to specifically break into some rich knight's house and make off with their armor while they are sleeping that would be cool.

but also the way it happens is just an annoying reminder that there isn't really a "stealing" in the game at all in spite of having a supposed rogue class, there's just loot everywhere for the taking

would be nice to at least instruct them to limit themselves to just a specific class of item, like "go get some health stuff""

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

so far all of my pawns (as well as my own character) are cosplays based on Ada Palmer's Terra Ignota book series

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

imo if Pawns are going to constantly talk they should at least be using their "knowledge of other worlds" to gossip about the hard drive contents of other players they are loaned out to.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

wait is there something woke about dragons dogma now? i mean my character is pretty gay but thats not the devs fault

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

im not normally one to complain about a game being too easy, but i just had a cyclops completely give up in the middle of a fight. as in, it had a full health bar left and it just lay down on the ground its back, and did absolutely nothing while my one pawns jumped up and down on its belly stabbing it and the other two torched it. i just kind of stood there myself because there wasnt much left to contribute and the whole thing just seemed a bit sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i've only been playing for like 10 hours or so but i haven't seen any microtransactions at all?

like i literally have not been presented with any kind of screen or option to pay real money (or buyable fake game money) for anything at all at any point in the game :confused: