Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

DLC Inc posted:

ah, denuvo. good to know the game will potentially run bad across all platforms.

Got any proof that Denuvo causes performance issues on halfway decent hardware? Genuinely, I would like to see it if so since someone inevitably Kramers into a thread any time a game comes out with Denuvo on it to say stuff like this but as far as I know any impact would be on load times which are virtually non-existant with an SSD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm always amazed at people who can move sliders around to make a character look like a real person. I think a lot of it comes down to hair/facial hair, like if they have something close but not quite the same I feel like no matter how I move the sliders it will always look close but not quite the same.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Inzombiac posted:

GMG, I love you but now I'm getting nervoussssss

This happens all the time with new releases on GMG. Honestly wouldn't expect a key until tomorrow morning at the earliest.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Vintersorg posted:

Spent the $60 and just get a controller already.

Official Xbox controllers are less than $50 on Amazon and are the best PC controllers you can buy imo. There's other options cheaper than that too if you don't want to go whole hog.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr E posted:

I have a 3080 and 11th gen Intel and am absolutely not upgrading til at least 5xxx series cards and whatever AMD's next gen is so I hope that I get luckily like I did with Arkham Knight's original release and don't have many issues. I can deal with slowdown in cities if combat and such is mostly fine. Don't mind turning down settings either but that doesn't seem to help much from reviews.

Yeah I'm waiting for the 5 series cards as well. My PC is chugging along but I'm having more issues with overheating and CPU limitations and I am really trying to avoid getting a new case with better fans and moving my current stuff over to that then still having to upgrade later.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

!!!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

5800X3D/3080ti/32gb ram

Playing on my 4k TV game runs well for me capped at 60 with basically default settings and DLSS set to quality. Definitely get frame drops but it's nothing too egregious, although I haven't been to the capital yet so who knows how that'll hold up. I'm sure it'll be a better on my monitor in 1440p.

I don't remember if it was this way in DD1 but if you get killed in combat you can pause quickly before you actually fall over dead and scarf down food/potions and you basically come back to life. Pretty handy!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Phlegmish posted:

You guys seeing your Steam friends' pawns in the Rift? Someone else on my friends list is playing right now and I figured their pawn would have shown up by now, but either I can't see them or there is no easy way to tell which one of the pawns belongs to a friend.

No, my friend's wasn't showing up either.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Really gotta get used to the controls, I keep wanting to hit RB to bring up my skills instead of LB. I love the Thief's powder keg move, climbing onto the face of an ogre and planting a bomb on it then detonating it while jumping away is just cool as gently caress.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hm, guess I'll have to try FSR3. I just always assume DLSS is the way to go.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol I wouldn't know this game had the Capcom standard smattering of DLC unless I saw everybody talking about it. It's the complete opposite of aggressive and in your face, it's the kind of DLC that is perfect because only idiots buy it and it doesn't affect my game whatsoever.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I said come in! posted:

So many little things about Dragons Dogma 2, and the the way the Pawn AI works in this, that is really impressive and awesome to witness.

Yeah you can really see the AI improvements when you tell your team to "Go!" while looking at a pack of enemies. Everyone springs into action and starts doing their thing immediately and it's awesome to just sorta look around and see your party loving everything up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The high-fiving is amazing. Pretty goofy but when your pawn saves your rear end and you instinctively walk up to them and they're like "hell yeah man" and dap you up that's just awesome.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Phlegmish posted:

If you talk to Ser Geoffrey and tell him you're ready to go to the capital, does it skip time and take you there or something? I kind of want to keep exploring, just ignoring the main quest as much as possible, as is tradition.

No, you go on a bit of a trek then a fight happens then it becomes a "We're good here if you want to teleport to the capital with us come along otherwise you can make your own way there"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I think you need a pawn code for cross platform pawnage

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lord Packinham posted:

All the people posting in here with the 3080’s and 4090’s and equivalent processors acting like the performance is fine is wild.

Are there people doing this? Seems like most people here are in agreement that the performance is not okay.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Woolie pawn is very good.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I looked up that goon made performance guide and it was literally just turning options up from where I had them by default and recommending disabling DLSS/FSR3 so uh I guess I'll tinker around on my own. I'd like to see a breakdown of the most performance hungry settings to start messing with to get it to run better.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah that sounds like some insane denuvo fearmongering lmao

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Leal posted:

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"Hey man, you want to buy 2500 Rift Crystals for $4.99?"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm loving Ensnare on the thief, so much fun yanking the legs of an off balance giant to cause it to fall over.

Also I swapped RB and LB and for some reason I'm having such a better time with the controls this way. No idea why my brain couldn't deal with LB being the special attack modifier but swapping those two has been perfect.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh yeah and whoever was talking about Saurians having tons of HP, it really is imperative that you chop those tails off. They seriously become so much easier to kill once you lop the tail off and then start wailing away.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Nuebot posted:

Is there any way to zoom the camera out? It feels like it's just like, a tiny bit too zoomed in so I can never really guard at the right time because I can never see the enemy attacking me.

Yes, camera settings.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Black Griffon posted:

When people talk about the city that tanks FPS, is Melve or whatever it's called a good indicator or is it a proper city kinda city? I'm at 80 minutes and I wanna be sure before I hit 120 minutes.

It's the capital city you go to after Melve.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah, Catherine, I loving KNOW.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Okay friendship with Powder Blast over, Gut and Run is the poo poo for taking down big enemies. I just fought a minotaur and we annihilated it after I was able to take it down with a gut n run to the head. Immediately after that a Griffon swooped in and we dismantled that thing too once I grounded it by shredding the wings. Implicate, the upgraded version of Ensnare, kicks rear end too. It's a lot of fun yanking enemies right in to execution range and plunging the daggers right in for an instakill, harpies are pretty much permanently grounded now too. Thief is so much fun!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So if I go to that meeting with the archer after giving him a bow can I do the quest even though I'm not an archer? My party kept saying "you can't wield a bow, dumbass!" while I was running there so I gave up and did something else.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tarezax posted:

Gotta switch to archer for that

Dang, okay. Thanks for the heads up so I don't waste my time

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I ran into the Thief maister guy completely on accident, boy that ability seems.. not great!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Found a riftstone filled exclusively with very fat men in the wild

It was extremely funny seeing like 20 widebois all walk in from the darkness

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Phlegmish posted:

I see. So you think Thief would be better if all I crave is that fast-paced, smooth :pcgaming: gameplay?

100% yes

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What do you have to gain from your pawn completing their missions? Do you get RC? I figured a quest to get an item like a golden beetle in exchange for money is simple enough to understand but why would I reward players with money for killing a cyclops with my pawn?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Phlegmish posted:

I think those kills count towards your pawn's corresponding badge, and they wouldn't otherwise. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now I have no idea what you get for completing a badge, but they're in the game so I want them

Oh yeah I forgot about those badges. I should take a look at those.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jack Trades posted:

Is there anywhere you can buy gifts, for example the Bunch of Flowers?
I have no idea where the hell to get that.

Not sure where/if you can buy them but I've found at least 3-4 bundles of flowers randomly looting homes and stuff. Usually set up in a vase with the glowy "This thing can be picked up" indicator on it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Foul Fowl posted:

I just beat it (true ending) at around 22-23 hours

This is a bit disappointing to hear, honestly. Is like the entire main quest of the game you doing the jobs for the guy in the capital? I've been playing for ~12 hours and it's hard to tell if I'm barely through the intro or halfway (or more) through the entire game at this point.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Wild how some people have their pawns built. I wasn't paying close enough attention and hired a mage that was at max vocation but with no staff equipped so all she did was throw punches lol. I didn't realize this until I was halfway through an extensive cave network for a side quest, and afterwards I ended up fighting a gryphon, ogre, wolves, and hobgoblins all at once. Took a lot of healing items but we managed it and I couldn't get rid of that pawn fast enough.

Yeah I have been checking their equipped abilities every time I hire a pawn, there's so many even at level 25 that have no skills equipped. Real weird.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

AcidCat posted:

Got ghosted by a pawn for the first time. Just trekking through the woods and at one point I realized we were down to three. Fighter pawn nowhere to be found, didn't respond to "come to me" command. Maybe fell off a cliff or something? Just said gently caress it I'm out?

Probably fell off a cliff/into the water. That happened to me once before with both pawns, there's a few ways for them to die where you get virtually no feedback.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CharlestonJew posted:

the 2nd longest part is rubbing my junk against the terrain in the hopes of finding the one rock that will let me clamber up to that treasure chest on top of a cliff

It looks a little something.. like this:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I don't mind fighting packs every couple yards but yeah I do agree that the mob diversity is disappointingly lacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Little bummed to hear the advanced classes are sorta underwhelming, I apparently picked the most OP class (thief) from the start so I'm not really looking forward to changing it up for something that kinda sucks comparatively. I wish I could assign those classes to pawns, that might be more interesting.