Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Never played the original Dragons Dogma, do the "basic" vocations get as cool as the more advanced/hybrid vocations seem to be? I think I'd like to play a fighter, but am wondering how interesting they'll be at higher levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Cool, looking forward to playing a Fighter and going toe to toe with the big bads. Thanks thread!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

lol it's barely going to run on a PS5

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

lol it's barely going to run on a PS5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ibu4qX5t_k

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I know we're limited with our Wayfarer knowledge, but do we know if it's going to be viable to basically set it up as a hybrid vocation of 2 vocations, or do we think it will really need to use all of them to shine? It'd be cool to make some sort of Paladin-like character with a Fighter. Or maybe some sort of Fighter/Warrior combo.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

It's a shame that performance seems to be so poor. The game looks good, but not so good they should be struggling. I know optimizing performance for games isn't trivial, but it's a bummer that it'll likely be a glaring blemish on an otherwise great game.

K8.0 posted:

So he doesn't have a good enough CPU and he's shocked that he's CPU bound in a game with specs that make clear it's CPU heavy?

Game journalism.

lol yeah. "I meet the recommended requirements except for this one really important component!"

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

George Sex - REAL posted:

Every loving review mentions a griffon swooping in and the reviewer being surprised. Let me tell you who isn't going to be surprised... it's me

jokes on you when you least expect it that thing is going to come murder you

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Sea Lily posted:

i uh... tried

This loving killed me.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

ugh, spoilers!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Magmarashi posted:

Obviously it's a conspiracy then, instead of a simple magnitude issue

Programmers are not perfect. It doesn't have to be a conspiracy or a magnitude thing. You have a limited amount of time to work on a game before you have to get it out the door and optimization is not always the top priority.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

i keep installing and then uninstalling the character creator to keep my internet warmed up

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I created a giant Fighter beastman dude and when I ran into the first pack of goblins I was flailing around with the buttons, killed all but one goblin and then picked him up on accident, ran around in a circle, and then dropped him down and he died in a very over the top animation. Looked like a wrestling match and absolutely cracked me up.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Please tell me there is a setting or a mod or something to auto-continue NPC conversations. It's so weird and awkward. It's like they found my real-life weakness and decided to put it in a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRuJQBfXDK4

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I ran into an ogre with some sort of boot/leg armor on and wasn't able to climb up his legs? Is that a thing or was I doing something wrong? My character kept trying to... I guess just grapple his leg when I tried to grab.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

Did you try attacking them to see if it changed anything?

TheMostFrench posted:

Not a very big spoiler

Oh boy I have a lot to learn. Thank you both!

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I got an Archer pawn named Bardin (from Vermintide) who shoulds just like him and it's cracking me up.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

Kerillian seems like the more logical choice but that does sound funny

AN OLD RANGER TRICK

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I thought I had heard there was an equipment load in addition to the carry load, but that doesn't seem to be the case? The inventory shuffle is kind of annoying and I'd have preferred a little more flexibility there with an equipment load.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

lets hang out posted:

There's no parental controls option in the settings in this game though :confused:

I was wondering the same thing because I wanted to check to make sure. I didn't find an option mentioned anywhere either. The only thing I can think of is that I think the game asks you for your age at first start up.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I was 100% behind the idea of playing Fighter, but I switched to Warrior and I'm not sure I can go back. I'm around level 20. I found myself just spamming Shield Bash on the Fighter to knock things over. I can do that much better with Warrior and a blunt weapon. I feel tankier as a Warrior and I seem to get staggered/knocked back a lot less. I think they need to make some changes to the way Fighter blocks.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

It's really funny that one of the Fighter skills (innate abilities?) is being able to land on your shield when falling from high up.

Neeksy posted:

Most of my pawns seem to die from being unable to do proper jumps and will just fall into the brine and die.

I also don't understand why you don't die from brine, just get teleported back to land, but your pawns insta-die. At the very least they should teleport back to land and be "downed" so you can save them.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

A story in two parts -

This morning:

Just now:

It's very amusing to me that your mom plays this game. All my mom ever says about games is "why are you always running everywhere?"

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

:aaaaa:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Ipso factum, shithead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I haven't played Magic Archer yet but pretty early on I switched R1<->R2 and L1<->L2 and I haven't regretted it yet.