Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Lowering my voice to talk about spooks and skeletons at night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Inzombiac posted:

You start off unable to do anything but slowly walk. You must find a patient and kindly scholar to teach you to speak, read and write.

Just like Fallout 3

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Every year she is going to find a way for you to hang out with her in a videogame

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Got up briefly to start the download and saw its already at mostly negative, uh ohhh

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Heh heh this is using 100% of my i9-9900K let's goooo

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Please hire my Pawn she is sick

4BZS3MV3UIV6

e: oh thank god you can copy and paste these codes on PC

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Game is running fine for me but I haven't hit a city yet. Hopefully there's some improvement to come because this is just pure Dragon's Dogma bullshit at it's finest.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I am copying this over on to my Steam Deck atm, mainly to see how hot it makes it

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If you wanna throw up your pawns on a spreadsheet here's one I just made, lemme know if anyone has any suggestions for columns

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CPUxGkeK6FHGsSe1igMFOsSc-81RxfUxVHRDqr-KyE4/edit?usp=sharing

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh it runs on the Deck. Runs like absolute garbage but still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO_v46XqKkU

This is RE Engine, right? I'm curious how they're having so many performance issues with it this has otherwise been a fantastic engine on other games.

yesss this is how bad I was expecting, well that will save me some bandwidth

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Deified Data posted:

Anyone know how to delete saves and start over? My wife wants to make a change to her character

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3195345797
here you go, I had to do this this morning when I accidentally made my character 5 foot 1

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Volte posted:

I've seen some people saying doing this can get you soft banned from the servers (i.e. no online pawn access), but that sounds like bullshit since not everyone even uses cloud saves and it would be really boneheaded to ban someone for installing the game on a fresh console / PC and starting a new game. Still just something to be aware of though, even if it's just rumourmongering.

I can at least see other's pawns online but who knows about mine?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Calidus posted:

Does this game work like FF Tactics such that your going to down one or two job/class/vocation to get a couple of abilities then your going go max out a late game class?

Kind of, in DD1 you would have permanent stat growth from whatever vocation you were which lead to people min\maxxing by playing a class they didnt want for half the drat game. This time around the stats change when you change vocations. What you CAN keep though is some passive abilities and buffs you've unlocked and also eventually there's the Warfarer class that you can build with all your abilities.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh yeah if anyone is put off by the microtransactions, or worried that this is one of those "we made the game poo poo on purpose" kind of situations*, if this is like DD1 you'll be swimming in currency and gear and whatever else pretty soon. Like you thankfully CAN ignore the shop. It's a shame they went and did it though, because now instead of talking about playing the game or sorting out ini settings and poo poo to get things running better this discussion has to suck up all the oxygen in the room

*They may have optimised it poo poo though oops

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Now that said I'm regretting spending my preorder rift crystals on getting Diogenes instead of buying some spectacles for my pawn in the guild later (Diogenes is great btw he hates pigs for some reason?)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So in DD1 you could force the game to check back in with servers by staying at inns, is it the same in this? I don't want to spend the 2000 gold to check

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Here you are
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CPUxGkeK6FHGsSe1igMFOsSc-81RxfUxVHRDqr-KyE4/edit?usp=sharing

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Huh I came home after work and now all I'm doing is bluescreening and getting CTDs, I wonder if updating my drivers did it?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Went through a massive cave system with tonnes of branching paths, saved some soldiers, got out the other side of thr mountain miles from anything but in front of an oxcart being attacked by goblins. 1 minute down the road a massive battle between saurians, goblins, even more humans and a minotaur was raging. Another minute down the road, in pitch darkness I noticed the grass blowing in the wind oddly and was ambushed by a second minotaur.

Game fuckin rules

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Went and added another page to the Pawn sheet with a little rundown on what each Specialization does cos it's weird and also I'm bored in work.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So I either have been softbanned for deleting my character or I'm failing the pawn meta. I've only ever had her hired out by Goons. Anyone else here start a new character and had the same experience?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Everdraed posted:

so shines a good deed, in a weary world

thank ya so much Bloomington!

to pass on some kindness,

if ya hit the inn ww should now be even better at murderin'

also I've hired shaggy 3 times so far and he's always IMMEDIATELY zoinked into brine, but i'm hopeful this time he'll go the distance for da sweet sweet reward

I hired Shaggy in DDDA way back in 2016 so the second I saw him in the rift I knew I had to take him with. He had a weird habit of running 3 paces in front of me and at least twice furiously attacked walls for minutes on end. Ty Godzillamancer

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I tried to grab a goblin while doing a full sprint and I ended up danger rolling and scooped him up in the process, it looked cool as hell. (And then I threw him off a cliff)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Everdread I guess you can be a guinea pig for this but I really wonder if that 10000g is going to get duplicated for everyone who took Ralsei out and killed an ogre or just the first person

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Everdraed posted:

it seemed like everybody got it, since each showed the mission being completed + 10k reward for 'em?

I wasn't super scrutinizing but it appears the single initial charge covered all of it, so I think it duplicates those rewards

I'm debating about putting up a portcrystal lol

fakeedit: actually you can't? the really primo stuff they must not let ya pawn-mission, no portcrystal or ferrystone (though you CAN put up the fake partcrystal and ferristone haha), no goldbugs, no sorc quest tomes, etc

BUT, it WILL let me put up an extra forager tome, so doing that for cyclops and seein' if it dupes a bunch out:

06IFOTXMRSSI

they're level 39 so if folks wanna friend me on steam for da free recruit friend code 30298569

edit: if ya do get a tome give a heads up (at least to check if it's multiplyin' heh), would be nice to know if there's a limit or it's time based or what

I've actually made a bunch of money hiring free pawns with high rewards for quests, I think that might be the secret to making a heap of RC this time

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I really want those Rift Crystal glasses so I set my Pawn Quest to 10K gold for camping in Vermont 3 times

4BZS3MV3UIV6

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

pmchem posted:

do you lose the 10K gold for every time someone unique hires the pawn and does the quest? like could you go bankrupt?

Nope! Enjoy!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Woah a pawn I hired just called a Hobgoblin a slur. That's some pretty stupid localisation right there

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

SHISHKABOB posted:

You're gonna have to tell us what the slur was.

It's the one for Irish Travellers that starts with a K

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
E NM

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Mar 30, 2024

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Not being a dick but we've already been told to move on from that by a mod

Oh oops I was a few pages back, disregard! I didn't see it as bigoted just kinda wild to see

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm thinking maybe I should boost the difficulty with mods because I'm loving this game but I'm overpowered as hell already, in ways I don't feel I was even in endgame of DDDA. I've also mainlined the game since release so maybe my brain just needs a break

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Force throwing an explosive barrel and a goblin and a pig all at once at a chimera rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Switched to thief this week to level it a bit and I'm really enjoying that the way to go with it is to constantly dodge your own self destruct button