Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

im gonna dogma all over so many dragons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I stumbled on NG+ way earlier than I thought. I was down to play a little until I realized that nothing grew in power with you and everything is basically trivial on the second go around. I even hosed off to the harder areas just to challenge myself and found it a somewhat lonely experience because no quests seemed to be triggering (I left the main quest on talking to the guard dude at the inn, before he asks you to do combat in 3 areas).

Overall it was a pretty lonely sort of game for me. I didn't expect to be transported to a hellworld and I had a lot of stuff left undone before that happened. Then, I made the decision to focus on red beams thinking I could do other stuff once I got em all. Nope!

Anyway, long story short I basically did no quests in this game beyond the main one. I mean, like, actually none. I never visited the elf area, never saw a sphinx, never really met any notable characters at all. No one flagged me down! I had no markers and heard no rumors. Game was just... over. Then, faced with having to slog through the MQ all over again, this time without any challenge, and I just quit.

Anyway, they gave one class a spammable AoE invulnerability bubble, and you don't have to be a genius to figure out that's a stupid thing to do. Stats stop mattering! Health? Knockdown resistance? Damage? Who cares. I beat two red beam dragons standing in place spamming a single button while watching streams. I had 3 thief pawns crawling all over them, permanently invulnerable, hacking away at their bits. Dumb.

I was so excited for this one too! Coming off FFVII this is a beg letdown.

Will probably still come back for the DLC though because I hate myself