Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I received a company email telling me that Microsoft Intune will be installed on my laptop computer.

Please tell me more about Microsoft Intune and how it will enhance my vocational experience.

Also share favorite Microsoft Intune memories that you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

wish that mikkkro$oft would get "in tune" with what the customer wants!

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Brrrmph posted:

I received a company email telling me that Microsoft Intune will be installed on my laptop computer.

Please tell me more about Microsoft Intune and how it will enhance my vocational experience.

Also share favorite Microsoft Intune memories that you have.

it's a device management service, so your system admin can make sure you're using edge and not chrome and force your computer to run updates and poo poo whenever they want it to. can also be used to deploy policy on cell phones/tablets also. i think it's part of azure, or does similar stuff for different "business needs."

it will likely just result in being a pain in the rear end for you

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

more like microsoft outoftouch

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oGFogwcx-E

Dijkstracula fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 14, 2024

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's a device management platform. depending on how it's configured it can do anything and everything up to and including wiping your pc, controlled by the microsoft 365 tenant admin

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

It’s less lovely than a lot of other mdm crap but how specifically lovely your experience will be depends entirely on how competent your admins are.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

you can actually enroll ubuntu. it would be neat if you could enroll what you'd like, but then again why would microsoft do that. i think the user agent intune-portal is some java based thingie

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

post hole digger posted:

how specifically lovely your experience will be depends entirely on how competent your admins are.

woe betide thee

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
it’s a hip hop device management platform

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
it looks like you’re trying to use a computer. copilot can help you manage this computer

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
Throwing syncopated beats at the problem has never been tried, until now!

Microsoft Bop is a new, exciting way to interact with west coast fans and IT personnel alike. Enjoy a playlist curated specifically for your infrastructure and chosen support solutions. Deploy conscious MPLS Doomtree Records' founder Mike Mictlan at your Azure stack for user security and timely audits during critical phases of your process. Our slick rick quick fix package includes 24 hour phone support and industry first overnight guarantees. Spice things up with a fiery verse from Kendrick and DJ Quik to optimize user demand!

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

down1nit posted:

Throwing syncopated beats at the problem has never been tried, until now!

Microsoft Bop is a new, exciting way to interact with west coast fans and IT personnel alike. Enjoy a playlist curated specifically for your infrastructure and chosen support solutions. Deploy conscious MPLS Doomtree Records' founder Mike Mictlan at your Azure stack for user security and timely audits during critical phases of your process. Our slick rick quick fix package includes 24 hour phone support and industry first overnight guarantees. Spice things up with a fiery verse from Kendrick and DJ Quik to optimize user demand!

Microsoft Bop is now Microsoft Jamz for Business

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

infernal machines posted:

woe betide thee

“May you work with interesting teams” - ancient chinese curse

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

Branch Nvidian posted:

Microsoft Bop is now Microsoft Jamz for Business

Microsoft Jamz for Teams will be launching this spring to enable more teams more access to new and upgraded genres. Please ask your IT Administrator to uninstall Microsoft Jamz for Business and upgrade to Microsoft Jamz for Teams.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

post hole digger posted:

“May you work with interesting teams” - ancient chinese curse

lmao

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Branch Nvidian posted:

it's a device management service, so your system admin can make sure you're using edge and not chrome and force your computer to run updates and poo poo whenever they want it to. can also be used to deploy policy on cell phones/tablets also. i think it's part of azure, or does similar stuff for different "business needs."

it will likely just result in being a pain in the rear end for you

this checks out. thanks.

post hole digger posted:

It’s less lovely than a lot of other mdm crap but how specifically lovely your experience will be depends entirely on how competent your admins are.

oh no

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

down1nit posted:

Microsoft Jamz for Teams will be launching this spring to enable more teams more access to new and upgraded genres. Please ask your IT Administrator to uninstall Microsoft Jamz for Business and upgrade to Microsoft Jamz for Teams.

would you like to try the new UI for Microsoft Jamz for Teams? it has fewer features and most of them don’t work. you can always switch back*

*Classic UI for Microsoft Jamz for Teams will be removed in an upcoming release

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

The Management posted:

would you like to try the new UI for Microsoft Jamz for Teams? it has fewer features and most of them don’t work. you can always switch back*

*Classic UI for Microsoft Jamz for Teams will be removed in an upcoming release

*acquires a minor competing service, renames it to Microsoft Bop (new)* Microsoft Jamz for Teams will be merged with Microsoft Bop (new) and will now be called Microsoft JamStation for Work or School. with Microsoft JamStation for Work or School you can create individual user groups, called Jam Sessions, for anywhere between two and twenty-five Jammers (clients).

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Microsoft JamStation for Work or School will have a macOS client available in beta starting 2025. until then users of Microsoft Jamz for Teams should use the Microsoft JamStation for Work or School web interface to continue working. Jam Sessions are not currently supported in the web version of Microsoft JamStation for Work or School

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Microsoft JamStation for Work or School is now known as JamSession 365 Services Manager (Home or School) by Microsoft for Windows

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

The Management posted:

Microsoft JamStation for Work or School will have a macOS client available in beta starting 2025. until then users of Microsoft Jamz for Teams should use the Microsoft JamStation for Work or School web interface to continue working. Jam Sessions are not currently supported in the web version of Microsoft JamStation for Work or School

this is too real and needs a trigger warning

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Sweevo posted:

Microsoft JamStation for Work or School is now known as JamSession 365 Services Manager (Home or School) by Microsoft for Windows

Introducing Microsoft Jam Producer for Microsoft JamSession 365 Services Manager (Home or School), your new AI assistant*, to help you move into new genres and expand your influencer base.

*Currently only available only on Microsoft Windows 365 for Home or School 26H2; coming soon to Microsoft Windows 365 Professional and Microsoft Windows 365 Enterprise, contact your Microsoft Business Account Manager for volume licensing prices.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Branch Nvidian posted:

Introducing Microsoft Jam Producer for Microsoft JamSession 365 Services Manager (Home or School), your new AI assistant*, to help you move into new genres and expand your influencer base.

*Currently only available only on Microsoft Windows 365 for Home or School 26H2; coming soon to Microsoft Windows 365 Professional and Microsoft Windows 365 Enterprise, contact your Microsoft Business Account Manager for volume licensing prices.

:smithicide:

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
The only successful goon projects are poo poo posts about imaginary software stacks that can revolutionize the way you do business in today's fast paced markets.

I'm David Schwimmer here to tell you about Microsoft Live Jamz 2024. The teams up in Redmond tell me Microsoft Live Jamz 2024 is here, ready for your living room, and ready to set sights on the future of AI wearables. They sent down Mr. Jack Brukness, project teams coordinator to give us all a demo. Jack?

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

down1nit posted:

The only successful goon projects are poo poo posts about imaginary software stacks that can revolutionize the way you do business in today's fast paced markets.

I'm David Schwimmer here to tell you about Microsoft Live Jamz 2024. The teams up in Redmond tell me Microsoft Live Jamz 2024 is here, ready for your living room, and ready to set sights on the future of AI wearables. They sent down Mr. Jack Brukness, project teams coordinator to give us all a demo. Jack?

Microsoft Live Jamz 2024 was unceremoniously shuttered after 6 months, with no service to replace it. There continues to be an enthusiastic user community built around the open-source components that were used for it.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Branch Nvidian posted:

*acquires a minor competing service, renames it to Microsoft Bop (new)* Microsoft Jamz for Teams will be merged with Microsoft Bop (new) and will now be called Microsoft JamStation for Work or School. with Microsoft JamStation for Work or School you can create individual user groups, called Jam Sessions, for anywhere between two and twenty-five Jammers (clients).

The Management posted:

Sweevo posted:

lol

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

My worst intune memory is having to configure it when the frontend was silverlight-based.

Now it's fine actually.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

my company used jamf to push intune to push a lovely “company portal” that doesn’t work and says in a banner at the bottom “your device bottomed unregistered and your administrator may need to use other management software” or some such. it’s mdm all the way down

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

shitface posted:

my company used jamf to push intune to push a lovely “company portal” that doesn’t work and says in a banner at the bottom “your device bottomed unregistered and your administrator may need to use other management software” or some such. it’s mdm all the way down

Do we work at the same company?

Endpoint security is never ever good.
This is like when HR says workday is good. No, it only helps steal productivity from outside their department in a way that can't be expressed in PowerBI or excel.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

Internet Old One posted:

Do we work at the same company?

possibly but these chucklefucks have nothing to do but find another pointless agent to force on people wherever you go. I disable most of them and block their network access until someone complains, then I remove the blocks long enough to say “nah, it’s working fine, see?” until they’re happy and then I take back the core and 2gb ram they’re sucking down

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

shitface posted:

possibly but these chucklefucks have nothing to do but find another pointless agent to force on people wherever you go. I disable most of them and block their network access until someone complains, then I remove the blocks long enough to say “nah, it’s working fine, see?” until they’re happy and then I take back the core and 2gb ram they’re sucking down

I gotta split hairs that this stuff is pointless or useless. There is a legitimate need and purpose.

It's just all bad. There could be some much better software that I still wouldn't like but it would be expensive to make and maintain and there is no incentive for anyone to bother as the cost of loving over every other person in the company is totally concealed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Internet Old One posted:

steal productivity from outside their department in a way that can't be expressed in PowerBI or excel.

this is a good way of describing things like this and I have a feeling I’m going to be using it plenty