Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
being punctual is
totally radical
tubular
bad rear end
cool
mid
grody
square
lame
#fail
GOKU
View Results

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I somewhat respect the people that are dependably late. My BIL? Add 30-60 minutes to whatever he says, and he's right on time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I used to work with a guy who was late every day. I hated him and still do. So does everyone else.
When we go out to a job site, we are expected to be there at a certain time. When assholes like him show up late, we(the company) look like fuckin idiots. Also, since we have to deal with rush hour traffic, leaving the shop 15 minutes late will frequently mean that we don't get to the site until 30 minutes later. 20-25 minutes late might mean 45 minutes later and so on.

Getting to the site late means that the job starts late which means we finish the day later. In winter months, with less daylight means that we may not finish working until after dark. Most of our machinery has lights on it. but its still more dangerous to have to work by floodlight than with day light.

That guy was a piece of fuckin poo poo (for various reasons besides just showing up late) and everyone hated him. Constantly getting hosed because he can't be bothered to show up to his fuckin job on time.

If you have a job where you can show up whenever you want then great, I hope you like it, but not everyone can, and some rear end in a top hat that doesn't think he needs to show up at the specified time just fucks a bunch of other people because of his selfishness.
gently caress that guy and gently caress people like him.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

big nipples big life posted:

The people who show up to a movie after the lights are out and want to scooch down an entire aisle instead of taking the first available seat.

are you talking about during the previews, or after the movie actually started? during the previews who cares

i'm much more annoyed by people who apparently can't hold in their pee for more than 60 minutes but sit smack dab in the middle of the row instead of near an aisle. i saw dune recently and had to do the awkward leg pull up to let pissers go by a dozen times, it was pretty disruptive, and i would've been upset if it had actually been a good movie i was watching.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Poohs Packin posted:

As a midwesterner whos lived in west africa i feel this.

My midwestern family is always the first in for everything. Theyre just planners, pragmatic people.

By the time an "event" arrives theyve mostly considered all possible eventualities and just arrive early because theyre looking forward to it. It can be a little annoying if youre the type that wants everything "just so" before say, Christmas Dinner. But, theyre also not the type to be impressed by some grand reveal and are just happy to see everyone and help out.

Yup, that's exactly how they roll. "Come to our house at 2:00pm for Christmas dinner" and whoops, it looks like my aunt and uncle are knocking on the door at 1:30pm while we're still vacuuming and trying to get everything set.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Thesaurus posted:

Yup, that's exactly how they roll. "Come to our house at 2:00pm for Christmas dinner" and whoops, it looks like my aunt and uncle are knocking on the door at 1:30pm while we're still vacuuming and trying to get everything set.

contrary to what smugworth thinks, being early is also not being punctual

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

It's a different kind of rude but rude nonetheless. Perhaps worse, because they could have chosen the "Hey we're early we should chill out for a bit before we show" correct path, and instead chose the "WERE HEAR HELLO!!!!!"

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

is it too late to say :gas: thread, ban the posters who inspired it? not OP though, they’re cool

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

TrashMammal posted:

is it too late to say :gas: thread, ban the posters who inspired it? not OP though, they’re cool

It's not too late Vincent

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
It's one thing to be on time for others. But are you on time for yourself? Are you practicing good temporal self-care?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Hello Machine posted:

It's one thing to be on time for others. But are you on time for yourself? Are you practicing good temporal self-care?

Not enough folks are aware of the TIME GOD

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Smugworth posted:

It's not too late Vincent

vincent would never call OP cool

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Thesaurus posted:

2pm dinner midwest AF.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

My god, every year it's the same. This family's Christmas dinner and gift opening. Should start at 5 they say, every year.

And every year we start eating at 8 or so. It's all great, but the delusional time frame gets me. Then deserts and coffees and such and they start opening presents at 10PM. It's nuts.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

are you talking about during the previews, or after the movie actually started? during the previews who cares

i'm much more annoyed by people who apparently can't hold in their pee for more than 60 minutes but sit smack dab in the middle of the row instead of near an aisle. i saw dune recently and had to do the awkward leg pull up to let pissers go by a dozen times, it was pretty disruptive, and i would've been upset if it had actually been a good movie i was watching.

You’re going to have to do one of those circle charts with Dune fans and diabetics.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Imagine being late just cause you "didn't know the time"

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

People who are chronically late get nothing but ire from me.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

No. 6 posted:

People who are chronically late get nothing but ire from me.

this thread started 4 days ago

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

lol

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I'm often about 5-10 mins late for work in the mornings if I work at 8. If I start at 9 I'm usually on time. I hate mornings, man. I have a hell of a time getting out of bed and then not going back to sleep after I take my meds. I tell myself I'm not going to do it when I'm awake the night before and then I fail hard when my brain is still half asleep. You can't reason with that poo poo.

I'm usually on time to things that aren't first thing in the morning. If it is, all bets are off.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lmao you just killed him.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
When I was in school we did personality tests and talked about different personalities and one thing that stuck with me is that some people will put things off and feel guilty while others will not have any worries about it. I'm a worrying procrastinator and it kinda sucks.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
no appointments before noon for me

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I saw this thread get posted and thought "I really got to get in on page one" but time makes yoghurt of all milk I guess.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i growed up in Chicago and Sendai so i have an inherent, sublime mixture of punctuality and fuckyouality

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

wesleywillis posted:

I used to work with a guy who was late every day. I hated him and still do. So does everyone else.

I had a few people that were 15-20 minutes late to shift every day, and people that would be 15-30 minutes late coming back onto their rotation from their break when I was team lead in a aseptic cleanroom.
When you're working with 3.5 hour rotations based on a hard limit of "being in your bunny suit in the room on a single sign-in longer than 4 hours is an excursion the customer and FDA/other requisite national regulatory agencies need to know about and investigate," that poo poo really grates on everyone.
It drove me especially nuts because any time there was a close call on an excursion I got in trouble too, because "why aren't your people coming back from their breaks on time!?"

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
*Walks into page 3 sipping a Starbucks coffee*

first post

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Time. It don't stop.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I go out of my way to make sure Im at least 5 minutes early to any given appointment. I then wait for 30-45 minutes for the other people to either show up or message "lets rescheduel this to another day"

Im not even mad anymore, Im violently infuriated.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I read this as "being punched megathread" and I would like a thread talking about being punched

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

George Sex - REAL posted:

I read this as "being punched megathread" and I would like a thread talking about being punched

Take it on the top of your head if possible. Chin down.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I wouldn't like being punched this way

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Well feel free to choose preferable places to get punched in the head.

Body blows are a different subject.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Show up early for friends, and as late as you can for work.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

too early is just as rude as too late.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

too early is just as rude as too late.

Not AS rude IMO but certainly a form of rude.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Once a parent brought their kid to my kid's birthday party 50 minutes early. I wasn't going to make them wait outside so of course I said it was fine but secretly i thought it was not fine.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Arriving before I am ready and making me rush around is far more annoying than making me sit there and read my phone or listen to music or people watch. I think anything more than 15 minutes early is super rude.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Usually the puncher gets to choose where one gets punched, unless this is one of those regional things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Alchemist posted:

Usually the puncher gets to choose where one gets punched, unless this is one of those regional things?

Most amateur punchers are throwing punches wildly so it's unlikely they can dictate the region they are punching.