Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we have original posters out the wazoo here, the premise of this thread is obviously false

you can’t scroll 10 posts without tripping on as many OPs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
My regdate is around now, soon I'll have been here for like 20 years.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

You're not the only new account, we have a couple of permabanned nutjobs who make multiple new accounts a day!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

angerbot posted:

:regd04:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

sW1chyboi posted:

I was born in 2006 so yeah

:dunkedon:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

sW1chyboi posted:

I was already fingerblastin' in 2006.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

sW1chyboi posted:

Someone should buy their newborn a forums account so that the baby's reg- and birth-dates can be the same, or give their pregnant friend a forums account as a baby shower gift so the baby can be even younger than its account :kiddo:

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Ive been posting here for over half my life

Same

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

eSports Chaebol posted:

what even is another living phpBB forum that isnt an offsite of something besides stuff like bodybuilding.net or gamefaqs? ballpit?? the rest are genuinely for old people like liveATC. how about twoplustwo where the owner, on the rare occasion he posts, signs his posts, and people have given up on telling him not to
this one: https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Whose rereg are you?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i want a hat that says CLASS WAR VETERAN with the scrambled eggs and everything

e: 2:sonia:2

e2: i can buy a hat that says CLASS WAR VETERAN but i haven't found any with the scrambled eggs yet

dee eight fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 15, 2024

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

Vampire Panties posted:

Shitposting is an ancient art, not practiced commonly these days
That's true.

The last time someone laughed at one of my posts was over a decade ago.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Serjeant Snubbin posted:

The last time someone laughed at one of my posts was over a decade ago.

lol

demonicon
Mar 29, 2011
Part of Growing up is understanding that you don´t have to make people care for your things. its okay if only you care.

My grandfather died after uttering these words to me with his last breath. And then he gave me these forum credentials

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I still don't think I've gotten my :10bux: worth

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I still don't think I've gotten my :10bux: worth

have you tried looking in the dumpsters out back for out-of-date merch and aluminum cans?

dweepus
Nov 25, 2021

Dial A For Awesome posted:

purple haired, pug faced beasts closing in around you.

:smug:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

sW1chyboi posted:

:chanpop:
Younger than my baby sister by a lot.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

welcome to the forums sW1tchyboi, every here is old af

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Because we're old and too stubborn to move onto other internet poo poo. My account turns 20 this year, and remains the best :10bux: I ever spent.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

redshirt posted:

This guy gets it

I REALLY wonder who you are

I like you, and I know you are an alt of someone who used to post a lot

But WHO

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Spinz posted:

I REALLY wonder who you are

I like you, and I know you are an alt of someone who used to post a lot

But WHO

Tarkus, duh!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Lowtax's clone.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

we hold powerful council and meet in secret to determine the fortunes of the forums

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

somehow we havent gotten to closing the poker forum

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Moai Ou posted:

Because we're old and too stubborn to move onto other internet poo poo. My account turns 20 this year, and remains the best :10bux: I ever spent.
new = better
(please ignore the past 15 years of finance-driven crapification of all things technology-related)

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I still post because Twitter and Facebook are harbingers of the end of humanity and this forum is still moderated fairly well filtering a lot of bullshit

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Seriously, I spent 10 bucks almost 20 years ago and this poo poo is still going. I think I'll be here till either I or the forums disintegrate into dust

Deflategate Retrospective
Jul 22, 2002
This is the internet’s donut shop where all the old folks hang out and drink coffee all day.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I just don't really like anywhere else. Set in my ways. This is also everything that newer users would hate, so now we just circle the drain.

Please be sure to upvote my comment.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
It costs $10 and for a lot of people they don’t see the value when tons of other things are free. If you do see the value, well we hope you enjoy it. Or not, lots of people come here just to get mad at other people for posting

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Deflategate Retrospective posted:

This is the internet’s donut shop where all the old folks hang out and drink coffee all day.

Wait, there are donuts? Why hasn't anyone told me where the donuts are :negative:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Wait, there are donuts? Why hasn't anyone told me where the donuts are :negative:

These thin apple cider donuts that literally melt in your mouth. Hot out of the boiling pot.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

we have original posters out the wazoo here, the premise of this thread is obviously false

you can’t scroll 10 posts without tripping on as many OPs

You couldn't swing a dead cat in here without hitting an OP

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

angerbot posted:

Oh yeah same I think, let's see

Edit: yeah okay that tracks

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Been here long enough for my first posts on this account (which is a parachute from and older one) to drink liquor in Mississippi, and none of them have been worth a gently caress

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Who's rereg are you, OP??

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Tryna cop A 4/20/1969 reg date

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Grey Cat posted:

Lowtax's clone.
Grown in a vat of mangosteen juice.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

A New Goon

why r there so many old accounts on forums.somethingawful.com

ChatGPT

Forums, including Something Awful, often have a large number of old accounts for several reasons:

* Longevity of the Website: Something Awful has been around since 1999, making it one of the oldest and longest-running internet forums. Over the years, many users have registered accounts, some of which remain active or dormant.

* Community Culture: Some users may have joined Something Awful during its early days and continue to participate in the community out of nostalgia or a sense of belonging. The forum's unique culture and history may encourage users to maintain their accounts over time.

* Inertia: Once users have registered accounts on a forum, they may be inclined to keep them even if they become less active over time. It's common for users to maintain accounts on multiple forums, even if they are not actively participating in discussions.

* Access to Archived Content: Old accounts may still have access to archived content, including threads, discussions, and other resources from the forum's earlier days. Users may keep their accounts to retain access to this content or to revisit past interactions.

* Username Ownership: Some users may wish to retain ownership of their usernames to prevent others from using them. Even if they are not actively participating in discussions, they may keep their accounts to maintain control over their usernames.

Overall, the presence of many old accounts on Something Awful and other forums is a reflection of the forum's history, community culture, and the long-term engagement of its users. These accounts contribute to the forum's identity and provide a sense of continuity over time.

:350:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Blow posted:

A New Goon

why r there so many old accounts on forums.somethingawful.com

ChatGPT

Forums, including Something Awful, often have a large number of old accounts for several reasons:

* Longevity of the Website: Something Awful has been around since 1999, making it one of the oldest and longest-running internet forums. Over the years, many users have registered accounts, some of which remain active or dormant.

* Community Culture: Some users may have joined Something Awful during its early days and continue to participate in the community out of nostalgia or a sense of belonging. The forum's unique culture and history may encourage users to maintain their accounts over time.

* Inertia: Once users have registered accounts on a forum, they may be inclined to keep them even if they become less active over time. It's common for users to maintain accounts on multiple forums, even if they are not actively participating in discussions.

* Access to Archived Content: Old accounts may still have access to archived content, including threads, discussions, and other resources from the forum's earlier days. Users may keep their accounts to retain access to this content or to revisit past interactions.

* Username Ownership: Some users may wish to retain ownership of their usernames to prevent others from using them. Even if they are not actively participating in discussions, they may keep their accounts to maintain control over their usernames.

Overall, the presence of many old accounts on Something Awful and other forums is a reflection of the forum's history, community culture, and the long-term engagement of its users. These accounts contribute to the forum's identity and provide a sense of continuity over time.

:350:

Perhaps the same could be said of all religions...I mean old rear end discussion boards...