Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Someone post that banned img little demon(?) made with the young goons pm inbox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Not old enough to drink not old enough to post!!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

answer the question :colbert:

just kidding, welcome to the forums :)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've got the kid's back. Anyone wants to mess with him now goes through me.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

sW1chyboi posted:

I was born in 2006 so yeah

how come whenever i say i'm married young people all send me pictures of caps

is that like the new cool sunglasses

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

flubber nuts posted:

im only 34 grandpa.

Uh that's not the diss you think it is

What are YOU doing here

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

old rear end mfs itt

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

old rear end mfs itt

do you at least remember when radio shack sold netscape navigator in a retail box for fifty dollars?

i'm still using that to post to this day so it was a pretty darn good bargain if i do say so meself

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm setting up humidifiers in the area in order to flood the zone with humidity. For obvious reasons...

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
i guess ive never bothered to check if the site even requires you to be at least 18 when signing up

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
ban for a year anyway IMO kid needs to focus on his grades

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Looking into colored smoke....

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Tbh every time I see a new user, I just automatically assume they're a rereg of some insane poster who got permabanned, or someone registering an alt account. I have no clue how anyone would even find this place in TYOOL 2024.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Tbh every time I see a new user, I just automatically assume they're a rereg of some insane poster who got permabanned, or someone registering an alt account. I have no clue how anyone would even find this place in TYOOL 2024.

Hub of the wheel, baby!

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

SA stands as the last place on the internet you can have a cool avatar. I'm sure all these new people are searching google for "places to hang out where I can have a cool avatar"

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

still indexable, unlike most of today’s internet. posting sins proudly on display in search within the hour

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

bossy lady posted:

SA stands as the last place on the internet you can have a cool avatar.

sure about that?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Jeffrey ran that promoted Youtube video, but I dunno how many people came back and registered, or just looked up their 10+ year dormant account

the Games forum is consistently 2-3x as many people as Gibbis, so it seems like people join and then beeline to the conversation about their favorite game

also I have been told that the Trad Games / Warhammer 40k threads are literally the best on the internet, although I don't play the 'hams and never will

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i know that’s what you told the officer in the chat room, but please don’t make this harder on yourself than it has to be

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was like 19 when I joined this site, and I haven't grown as a person since.

sW1chyboi
Mar 13, 2024

IDK how to navigate this webby site, pls help me.

MrQwerty posted:

you know what they say, "if you've had a Something Awful account for over 20 years, you're probably rich"

You’re god drat right

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bad Purchase posted:

sure about that?

pfft lol

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

bossy lady posted:

SA stands as the last place on the internet you can have a cool avatar. I'm sure all these new people are searching google for "places to hang out where I can have a cool avatar"

i think they changed the avatar size sometime after 9/11 because i don't remember having this white gap but i forgot how to use computer so oh well f it as the kids say

also "imo" that is a mighty fine corn

Fishmasher fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 15, 2024

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

How do you even find this place these days? We’re living relics of the Old Internet.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

sW1chyboi posted:

Not like I have a problem with it. I’m just curious why isn’t there new users daily like other social media?

I’m I the latest user ever to join over 16 years?

down1nit posted:

Wait aren't they supposed to lurk more? Oh poo poo what do we do here?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you can only accept a few new people at a time into the fold, and they must be separated from their friends and family while applying powerful psychological programming to assimilate them to the culture

it's an intensive process and there's no good way to scale it up

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

some_admin posted:

Nothing I’ve found on the internet beats SA. It is capital Q Quality stuff.
Obviously, it has no real market, like many things that are actually quite worthwhile.
Since it’s not sexy, and takes effort and time to appreciate, people don’t get captured as easily as they are by TikTok,instagram,Facebook,etc etc etc.
anytime I run into someone kind of interesting I try to steer them here, it is really a special thing, in this day and age.

I do the same; I have this year bought accounts for an intern, my wife, and my sister. Gotta pay tenbux to the ghost of Lowtax to keep this place going.

I regd in 2009 but I've lurked on this site since about 2002-2003. Photoshop Phridays brought me in.

Ohhai
Apr 5, 2011
It's intimidating to post in a forum where you don't fully understand the etiquette and lose your $10.
Also people don't want to pay $10.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
only ten dollars for a lifetime subscription or pay 5 cents a post

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

you can only accept a few new people at a time into the fold, and they must be separated from their friends and family while applying powerful psychological programming to assimilate them to the culture

it's an intensive process and there's no good way to scale it up

DEHUMANIZE AND FACE TO SOROS

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

I said come in! posted:

I was like 19 when I joined this site, and I haven't grown as a person since.

same except 46

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

sW1chyboi posted:

Not like I have a problem with it. I’m just curious why isn’t there new users daily like other social media?

I’m I the latest user ever to join over 16 years?

I didn't read the rest of this thread. What brought you here, young fella?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

dee eight posted:

same except 46

Whoa that's how old I was like exactly I think
:thunk:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i think dee eight meant he was born in '46

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Thought the average age around here was mid-30's and now think it's funny you're all old as poo poo lol

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Tbf, knew D8 was old as the plains

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

Literally A Person posted:

Here that, ya'll. We got edge!

:hehe:

I hear him! We got the pizzazz, the spunk, gumption even!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

20 clicks north of the DMZ. Days now in this loving rice paddy.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

20 clicks north of the DMZ. Days now in this loving rice paddy.

You're in the anime forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

You're in the anime forum.

Let's see some tiddy