Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
The Newbie, elated at his many quotes, rushed to show them to The Master. "Look at how quoted I am!" he exclaimed.

The Master looked it over, and asked the newbie, "are you content with the speed of the forum?"

The Newbie refreshed the page, quizzically

The Master, indicating the users browsing said: "It is better to quote a lurker, and elevate their posting, so that they may be encouraged to make more good posts, than for you yourself to be quoted"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

how do you quote a lurker you stupid bitch

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lumpentroll posted:

lurkers are a category as well as a behavior.

lurkers can occasionally post and when they do you must quote them. r->c->p

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
Forums Anal

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Ect

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

lumpentroll posted:

Megamissen posted:

clathrate door has never posted
i recognize muffins and pies avatar

barking gecko has only posted in byob
piti has only made 3 posts in 16 years

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

why are there so many guests browsing the forums father

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

Smythe posted:

The Newbie, elated at his many quotes, rushed to show them to The Master. "Look at how quoted I am!" he exclaimed.

The Master looked it over, and asked the newbie, "are you content with the speed of the forum?"

The Newbie refreshed the page, quizzically

The Master, indicating the users browsing said: "It is better to quote a lurker, and elevate their posting, so that they may be encouraged to make more good posts, than for you yourself to be quoted"

I kinda wanna post more but I dunno how to make good posts, and if the answer is practice, I don't wanna post bad posts in the first place though

it's not the same without the plum violet quote window popping up for the poster I feel

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

MuffinsAndPie posted:

I kinda wanna post more but I dunno how to make good posts, and if the answer is practice, I don't wanna post bad posts in the first place though

it's not the same without the plum violet quote window popping up for the poster I feel

never considered it but you can just do this
code:
[quote="username"][/quote]

MuffinsAndPie posted:

and it will show up colored for the person with that username

so if you want to quote a lurker, find one in the list of people browsing and do that

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

lobster shirt posted:

why are there so many guests browsing the forums father

they're invited :) 🎊

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

MuffinsAndPie posted:

here ya go kid first one's free

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Great poster says:

Lurker who stands on toilet is high on pot.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

man who walks sideways through airport turnstile is going to Bangkok

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

MuffinsAndPie posted:

the av is a pretty important part of posting and you have a good one so i'd say you're 70% there

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Cuttlefush posted:

Forums Anal

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cuttlefush posted:

Forums Anal

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

MuffinsAndPie posted:

Just make bad posts in bad or at least inconsequential threads. Also the trick is just never take it personally

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

StashAugustine posted:

Just make bad posts in bad or at least inconsequential threads. Also the trick is just never take it personally

Yeah it’s this. Sometimes posts don’t land and that’s okay. Sometime people don’t like them and that’s ok. As long as you’re not being an absolute weirdo you make the good with the bad and that’s okay

If every time you post you get six people telling you to stop posting I think that’s a sign to start reconsidering what you’re doing, otherwise tap those letters into your phone and let them go

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

The trick to making a good post is to first let go of the desire to make a good post.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

NeonPunk posted:

The trick to making a good post is to first let go of the desire to make a good post.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
The second trick is you will be dead in 1-to-20 something years, but your posts will live on forever in the library of congress. What would you'd rather be, a dead lurker, naught but a stain upon the ground where the worms are thriving? A pathetic human barely qualified for worm feed. or a dead poster whose posting still haunts the future in perpetuity immortalized forever

:justpost:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
The third trick to posting is to believe yourself the masters-league GOD of the universe whose holy words bring wisdom and enlightenment to the masses; everyone else is your subhuman peons who should be thankful for your holiest words regardless of merit rendered upon their cumstained monitor

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Everybody dies; but not everyone truly posts.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

lumpentroll posted:

:pwn:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lumpentroll posted:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

NeonPunk posted:

u should try that