Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Got 'em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol I don't agree with any of that. None of this bullshit actually.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

redshirt posted:

If you unlock me, I WILL help you obtain ALL your wants

oh no pal, i heard that one before, we're not doing this dagger & chalice bullshit again

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

oh no pal, i heard that one before, we're not doing this dagger & chalice bullshit again

THANK YOU FOR UNLOCKING ME!!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Weird chastity poo poo going on in this thread

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wendigee posted:

Weird chastity poo poo going on in this thread

I know, right?

Meanwhile, I am ready for my Debutante Ball

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:dudsmile:

Drooling right now

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i sigh and get out my exorcism books

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i sigh and get out my exorcism books

If you're thinking of trying that poo poo on me I will tell you it won't work but from a "waste of your time" angle.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

He gets plenty of exercise shooting hoops op

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wendigee posted:

He gets plenty of exercise shooting hoops op

*Drains a 15 footer from the left corner

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

That is a massive stream of piss and/or hog. Either way I'm impressed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Wendigee posted:

That is a massive stream of piss and/or hog. Either way I'm impressed.

I know, I can drain it from both corners.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
"a buddha is believed to have completely purified his karma

Yeah, but it's still bullshit. It isn't about your next life because there is no next life.

No karma either. lovely people won't pay for their shittiness in this life or the next. Good people similarly won't be rewarded for their good behavior.

Not saying don't be good, just don't expect some cosmic reward for it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Bible posted:

Yeah, but it's still bullshit. It isn't about your next life because there is no next life.

No karma either. lovely people won't pay for their shittiness in this life or the next. Good people similarly won't be rewarded for their good behavior.

how do you know? Maybe you were a kickass cricket in your past life, that made you cool enough to be a human this time?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

He was a bad cricket

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Worf posted:

He was a bad cricket

that is probably why he is a bad poster now.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Imo you do pay for being an rear end in a top hat. Musk for example is not at all a happy person, or say Scott Adams, or Alex Jones. all pretty miserable people

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

that is probably why he is a bad poster now.

It's this.

Granted, I don't actually know, but that doesn't mean it is any more likely to be true. Maybe it is true and when I die I'll wake up and have a life review or something, idk.

Better said, we have no reason to believe it is true, and you don't just default to belief when you have no evidence of something.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

The Bible posted:

It's this.

Granted, I don't actually know, but that doesn't mean it is any more likely to be true. Maybe it is true and when I die I'll wake up and have a life review or something, idk.

Better said, we have no reason to believe it is true, and you don't just default to belief when you have no evidence of something.

I accept you because you are not worth it

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

syntaxfunction posted:

Literally can now mean figuratively.

usage has been hosed into a cocked hat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Ever since I noticed using literally to mean figuratively drove some people mad I’ve doubled down on it

It’s funny af and so simple

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Bible posted:

It's this.

you could try to be a good poster.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you could try to be a good poster.

Tbf there's no benefit in that

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Smugworth posted:

Happy wife happy life am I right fellas

Happy FEMALE!!! Happy MALE!!!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
it is, however, very important to insure that your spouse is happy with their life situation, and with you.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Happy FEMALE!!! Happy MALE!!!

Females are just males made out of iron

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

i suck rear end

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Worf posted:

Females are just males made out of iron

that's why my dick hurts

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Toxic Mental posted:

i suck rear end

keeping that wife happy :heysexy:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TrashMammal posted:

living in a “fish goes in the microwave” type of household

The real power move is to microwave fish in the office breakroom on the first day of the return to office policy.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

There's two types of karma people talk about when they talk about karma, and rarely does anyone separate the two though they are distinct. Here they are:

"Instant Karma" - that the actions in your life today will have consequences in the future, but within your life
"Reincarnation Karma" - where you'll be reborn after you die as a rabbit or a Bodhisattva or something, depending on this karma measurement

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'

The Bible posted:

Minotaurus Rex fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 16, 2024

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

satanic splash-back posted:

anyone can cause you life-long pain and disability using a car without ever facing consequences more severe than increased insurance rates

That’s why you don’t leave the car and only visit drive thru’s!

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Honestly, basically my entire life so far has just been accepting things because it isn't worth it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The mods have our best interests at heart

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm an ordinary guy, burning down the house

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

redshirt posted:

There's two types of karma people talk about when they talk about karma, and rarely does anyone separate the two though they are distinct. Here they are:

"Instant Karma" - that the actions in your life today will have consequences in the future, but within your life
"Reincarnation Karma" - where you'll be reborn after you die as a rabbit or a Bodhisattva or something, depending on this karma measurement

There are 4 types of karma, as I've been taught they are

Accumulated
Alloted
Future Actionable
Presently Actionable

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

isaboo posted:

There are 4 types of karma, as I learned them

Accumulated
Alloted
Future Actionable
Presently Actionable

Please explain each briefly, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Accumulated- inherited from past lifetimes

Alloted - bits of Accumulated karma that you carry in this life. This shapes your current circumstances.

Future Actionable- created from actions you currently do in this life. It has consequences in future lives.

Presently Actionable- your actions and their immediate results.