Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

gently caress me this is a massive card, although if it's anything like the last 5 hour show DDT ran it'll be 2 hours of whatever before the back half of the card blows it out of the water. Luckily for me Dramatic DDT has already done a neat writeup so I can just focus on being hyped up about all these sick title matches, even if Dieno continues to somehow have an on camera role he can at least be hidden in a six man tag including my favourite wrestler in the world Kazuki Hirata. Shuji Ishikawa is back in DDT before his upcoming King of DDT appearance and also to have a hoss off with Naya, who seems to be continuing his one man war against Ishikawa's former employer. Also Takeshita is back, fighting All Japan's future ace Yuma Aoyagi. I have to assume he'll be challenging Ueno for the belt if Ueno retains, though saying that i've been thinking Ueno needs a singles win over Take for years now.

Show starts in roughly 13 hours from this post, unfortunately they've announced that there's no English commentary for the show but Ash will be manning the Twitter page to provide promo translations when necessary.

quote:

DDT “JUDGEMENT 2024 ~27TH ANNIVERSARY 5 HOUR SPECIAL~”, 17/03/2024
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
2pm JST/4pm AEDT/5am GMT/12am EST/9pm PST

1. “Intern Wrestler” Tsubasa Suzuki Debut Match: Soma Takao Vs Tsubasa Suzuki
2. Yuya Koroku Return Match: To-y, Ilusion & Rukiya Vs Yuni, Yuya Koroku & Kazuma Sumi
3. Toru Owashi & Gorgeous Matsuno Vs Ganbare Pro (Keisuke Ishii & Shinichiro Kawamatsu)
4. Special Single Match: Super Sasadango Machine Vs Akito
5. SCHADENFREUDE International (Chris Brookes, Masahiro Takanashi & Antonio Honda) Vs DAMNATION T.A (Daisuke Sasaki, KANON & MJ Paul)
6. Special Single Match: Sanshiro Takagi Vs Ken Ohka
7. Special Tag Match: Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Naya Vs Shuji Ishikawa & Yoshitatsu
8. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles – Belt Contra Dissolution: Dead or Alive (Jun Akiyama, Danshoku Dieno & Makoto Oishi) (c) Vs Zuncha Muscle Survivor (Kazuki Hirata, Naruki Doi & Shinya Aoki)
9. DDT Extreme Title – Painful Jungle Death Match: Shunma Katsumata (c) Vs Hideki Okatani
10. KO-D Tag Team Titles: Burning (Tetsuya Endo & Yuki Iino) (c) Vs New Period (Ryuki Honda & Yuma Anzai)
11. DDT Universal Title: MAO (c) Vs Takeshi Masada
12. Special Single Match: KONOSUKE TAKESHITA Vs Yuma Aoyagi
13. KO-D Openweight Title: Yuki Ueno (c) Vs HARASHIMA

DramaticDDT posted:

Yesterday DDT held a press conference to promote this Sunday’s big show. The main event will determine who really is the strongest in DDT right now. HARASHIMA wants to win the KO-D Openweight Title not to turn back time but to show everyone a new DDT. Yuki Ueno said the previous design of the KO-D belt is in his mind attached to HARASHIMA. However the modern belt design currently belongs to Ueno and by beating HARASHIMA only then will it fit him completely. He wants to be the last one standing so whenever fans see the current KO-D Title design, they think of Ueno. HARASHIMA has never held the modern belt design as champion and thinks it would look cool on him. HARASHIMA pointed out he is over 20 years older than Ueno but that doesn’t mean anything to the champion. Ueno expects HARASHIMA to fight him with all of his might and is confident he will match his challenger’s heart and soul.

The press conference was the last chance for Takeshi Masada to talk back to MAO over recent criticisms. In the leadup to the DDT Universal Title match MAO accused Masada of not loving DDT or pro wrestling enough. Here Masada said he cannot explain in words alone how much DDT and wrestling means to him. Everyone will see just how much he loves it when he wins the Universal Title. MAO took another shot at Masada, saying his response was not a good one. He thinks the other members of SCHADENFREUDE International have shown more love than he does. MAO then explained the way he treats Sanshiro Takagi is done out of love because he is trying to bring Takagi back to his prime days. Masada is only doing this match for the glory, not for the love of it. That was proven when he challenged MAO in the first place. There could be an interesting future the two can build together but instead MAO is going to show no mercy. He has plans to defend the Universal Title around the world no matter the country he travels to or the gender of his opponents. Masada however wants to nominate wrestlers he has previously lost to as his challengers should he become the new champion.

The visiting New Period team are still enjoying their appearances in DDT. They like getting stronger opponents every time they show up and are really pleased to fight the KO-D Tag Team Champions next. Yuma Anzai claimed All Japan’s brand of bright, fun and intense pro wrestling won’t lose this challenge. Ryuki Honda has two goals in mind if they win the titles. New Period wants to elevate the KO-D Tag Titles in AJPW and also draw DDT fans over to All Japan! He then revealed he has recently become friends with Yoshihiko and the doll has told him about all of BURNING’s weaknesses! Tetsuya Endo has a similar idea to Honda because he too wants to defend KO-D championships in other companies this year. He thinks New Period is a great name because it implies a new era is coming. However BURNING are not going to give away their era yet. Yuki Iino talked about taking on training camps by himself for this title match. His team will win to show everyone it is a New BURNING rather than a New Period. After the talking stopped Iino and Honda got into a confrontation at the table when Iino wouldn’t stop chanting “BURNING!” at Honda.

The intern is getting an opponent with a similar pro wrestling background to him. Tsubasa Suzuki is currently in college and participates in the student pro wrestling scene. Soma Takao was part of the same scene before he turned professional. Suzuki would like to believe everything he’s done in the last few years will lead to him getting the win. He has wrestled Takao before and Takao wonders if he has since learned how to tell the difference between college club wrestling and actual pro wrestling. If Suzuki hasn’t then Takao will be happy to teach him the rigors of being a professional. Although Suzuki is only just starting in DDT, he said his goal is to someday win the KO-D Title. He will be entering the upcoming D GENERATIONS CUP and also has a series of trial matches coming up in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Very hyped to see New Period running wild over Japanese wrestling, winning the KO-D Tag Team Titles as the perfect appetiser for Anzai to go into his big Triple Crown challenge against Katsuhiko Nakajima on the 30th at Ota Ward Gym.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stream is live on a splashcreen, get excited

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Live on camera with commentary now!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

LIVE!

I wish Korakuen was sold out :smith:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I really don't want Shunma to lose the belt but if it leads to a Okatani singles push in this post Eruption world I am all for it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Enjoy Soma wearing the shirt with Dropkick bar's logo on the back for some free publicity

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:laffo:

Got athleticism but can't aim worth poo poo

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Very solid debut from Suzuki

e: Except that part :geno:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Good start to the show, I'm lik... and here's Dieno to ruin everything :sigh:

SG Bamboo posted:

:laffo:

Got athleticism but can't aim worth poo poo

Haha yeah beautiful flips but landed like 5 feet away :allears:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Koroku turned into a beefcake, what the gently caress happened on the tour shows I missed?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh hey Rukiya got a win, good for him

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dundun dun dundundun dun dun dun dun dun dun dundun dundun

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

So Gorgeous

And Matsuno's here too

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Don't disappoint the Assemblyman!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gripebomb posted:

Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dundun dun dundundun dun dun dun dun dun dun dundun dundun

Oh hey, what's that song called again?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Boo this man, he's attacking the elderly

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I simply cannot imagine doing any sort or physical activity in a suit jacket

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

- Eddie Kingston

Jerusalem posted:

Oh hey, what's that song called again?

Sandstorm by Darude.

You can check Genius for a deeper understanding of what is being conveyed through the art of the dundundundun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

I simply cannot imagine doing any sort or physical activity in a suit jacket

And that and that alone is why you will NEVER be an Assemblyman of the Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gripebomb posted:

Sandstorm by Darude.

Very funny, we all know that old joke. But seriously, what's the song called?

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

- Eddie Kingston

Jerusalem posted:

Very funny, we all know that old joke. But seriously, what's the song called?

I now see what's happening. I feel ashamed of myself.

EDIT: Darude - Sandstorm

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was a very fun match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

KOD Participants

Poison SAWADA Julie
Sanshiro Takagi
Danshoku Dieno
HARASHIMA
Shuji Ishikawa
Tetsuya Endo
Daisuke Sasaki
Kazusada Higuchi
Chris Brookes
Yuki Ueno
MAO
Yuki Iino
Yukio Naya
KANON
Takeshi Masada
D-Cup Winner TBC

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Two matches announced for April Fool and it's already the hypest poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Aja Kong is gonna gently caress that mascot up!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I wonder what today's Powerpoint presentation will be about

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Okay SSD, start wrapping this up please

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

yesssss

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:allears:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Slow count Matsui, that was three :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OH MY GOD HIS FACE!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Neither of these men could be roused!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Neither of these men could be roused!

So apparently the Powerpoint was about Super Sasadango Machine deciding the match would be more efficient if they both started at 10% (hence Akito taking a gang beating before the match!) to get them down to 0hp faster :allears:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

So apparently the Powerpoint was about Super Sasadango Machine deciding the match would be more efficient if they both started at 10% (hence Akito taking a gang beating before the match!) to get them down to 0hp faster :allears:

Glorious

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Let's go TEAM CHOCOPRO

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh no, hopefully he's not hurt :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh no, Honda is injured and will have to call off the match!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
hahahah

Honda centric matches rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

addicted to eating poo poo