Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

this is the thread for posting in and sayin g“I don’t watch WWE"

in this thread we sit down for wwe

we dont' stan the rape company

we wish cody rhodes to die (metaphor)

real ones ONLY ITT

Strictly NO Handwringers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i dont watch this crap and i hope vince mcmahon chokes on a dog turd (actionable, in minecraft)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can i get some clarification on the following:

-ok to post in here if you do not watch wwe but have been called out for loving wwe?

-ok to post in here if you are someone who keeps posting and watching Elon Musk videos of wwe tv segments? to yell at it.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

What about nxt? Are we allowed to watch nxt? To laugh at it.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
I don't watch WWE. I stopped watching it on TV during the Invasion angle, I was team WWF during the Monday night wars but just lost interest in watching Vince's victory lap booking. Use to watch the occasional PPV with friends like the Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania, but the last one we watched was Wrestlemania 23 before the group I watched with all just lost interest as adult life became a priority. Have watched a thing since then and a lot of the news I hear about them (both on screen and behind) makes me not want to. I occasionally read the WWE threads but don't post there because I have no real familiarity with the current product. I don't wish death on Cody but I do admit I kinda find it funny whenever bad things happen to him. Sitting for WWE is to much effort, I lazily recline for WWE.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

can i get some clarification on the following:

-ok to post in here if you do not watch wwe but have been called out for loving wwe?

-ok to post in here if you are someone who keeps posting and watching Elon Musk videos of wwe tv segments? to yell at it.

I don’t know

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sandman from ECW posted:

What about nxt? Are we allowed to watch nxt? To laugh at it.

Only if you are Bryan “chico” Alvarez or his friend Vinnie V

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

I don't watch WWE

But I have the WWE2K24 video game

But I don't play it so it's fine

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I bought the last game for like 20 bucks including all the dlc so I don’t feel bad or anything. But also I don’t watch wwe so I had no idea who most of the wrestlers were. I mostly just edit all the old guys to wrestle like Kenny Omega and then I have a bunch of ladder matches.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I stopped watching WWE because I didn't have cable anymore and the show kept getting worse and worse. Then the evil of the company kept coming to light including human trafficking and working with a regime that openly murdered journalists so time has only made my decision the correct one.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I don't watch or condone this poo poo

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
What if you don't watch WWE but instead watch the clips shared in the main Fed thread? Are you still considered a real one?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
I quit watching WWE in 2018, a year before AEW was even announced. I know perfectly well I can live without this bullshit, and I have no respect for anybody who is so attached to a bunch of gym freaks doing bad dinner theater that they can continue to countenance this heinous poo poo. Not only are they amoral weirdos, they are also huge dorks.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I spent almost 15 years hoping WWE would get it's poo poo together after the Monday Night Wars.

Once Brian Danielson and WM 30 happened, regardless of the happy ending I realized that the whole run up to that match wasn't to put Danielson over, but to put The Authority over. I realized WWE was more malicious than incompetent and they weren't going to get their poo poo together because they threw it everywhere on purpose. They knew what the crowd wanted but delighted in their freedom to not give it to them. So gently caress them and gently caress everything they did after that.

I was a WWE mark since before I could form memories and now I hate it with the fury of a thousand suns and a spurned lover.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 17, 2024

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

CHaKKaWaKka posted:

I don't watch WWE

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
i dont watch wrestling

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandman from ECW posted:

I bought the last game for like 20 bucks including all the dlc so I don’t feel bad or anything. But also I don’t watch wwe so I had no idea who most of the wrestlers were. I mostly just edit all the old guys to wrestle like Kenny Omega and then I have a bunch of ladder matches.

how do you feel about sandman of all people getting a dlc slot this year

Okkult
Oct 10, 2012

I don't watch that poo poo. I quit for like 3 years before AEW Dynamite premiered. I've had opportunities to watch it for free several times and I'd rather listen to the radio.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I stopped watching in 2002 because I didn't like the cut of Cena/Orton's gib and all the acts that I found most entertaining were either mutating into something lame all way out of the company

Peacemaker's a good show though

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I stopped watching weekly when the nexus was run off by john cena one week after making one of the most badass debuts of any stable in a long time

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

I kinda got back into it with Daniel Bryan and the WWE Network and stuff, but noped out when the Saudi deal started. Then fell out of wrestling for a bit until COVID then my first Dynamite with the first COVID show

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

^Pretty much the same. Got back into it because of D-Bry and NXT, noticed I was watching it less and less, and then the Saudi poo poo started and thought "nah." To my shame, I did reactivate my sub for COVIDMania mainly out of morbid curiosity and then deactivated it as soon as the show ended. Haven't watched any content since, other than clips posted on here.

I don't wish sudden unemployment on anyone, but if WWE were to close permanently tomorrow, I can't say I'd be shedding many tears.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Long-Time Lurker posted:

What if you don't watch WWE but instead watch the clips shared in the main Fed thread? Are you still considered a real one?

That is fine, so long as you shake your head so people know you disagree with it.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I stopped watching WWE regularly when it became clear that HHH's terrible Mary Sue booking wasn't going anywhere. I'd still watch PPVs with my friends but otherwise I watched lucha and various indies. I noped out of PPVs when the Saudi deal was announced, but through friends I've seen enough modern WWE to know that it's not for me; it's boring and slow and looks like a TED Talk and I don't give a poo poo about Roman Reigns or anything associated with him. I do like Cody but if we're being honest his story is "I need to win the one belt my (legendary superstar) wrestler dad never won (even though he won like every other belt that mattered)," which isn't as compelling as he thinks it is.

AEW isn't perfect but it's way closer to what I want from pro wrestling and luckily lucha promotions and the indies still exist.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

STING 64 posted:

how do you feel about sandman of all people getting a dlc slot this year

Didn’t know that! It’s cool and all but unless he comes out to Enter Sandman with beer and cigarettes then no sale. Well… maybe if there’s a sale…

I would definitely buy a Sandman toy though. My coffee table would be way better with a little Sandman on it. Maybe holding his Singapore cane in the air. I can picture it now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I don’t watch the WWE and I actively look down on anyone that does. There is far, far too much good wrestling out there to waste time and energy watching anything the rape factory / knee explosion factory puts out.

This goes double for people buying the video games still. They’ve barely improved and you’re just going to encourage them to keep making lovely games and also stop putting money in their pockets thanks.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Okay

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
danielson losing the title in 18 seconds was my last straw and I've never been back and I'm glad he got free

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this is the thread for posting in and sayin g“I don’t watch WWE"

in this thread we sit down for wwe

we dont' stan the rape company

we wish cody rhodes to die (metaphor)

real ones ONLY ITT

Strictly NO Handwringers

They’re just earnestly doing this lol

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

NienNunb posted:

They’re just earnestly doing this lol

Isn't that what the thread is for?

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

How else will people know what a good person I am??

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

CombineThresher posted:

I noped out of PPVs when the Saudi deal was announced, but through friends I've seen enough modern WWE to know that it's not for me; it's boring and slow and looks like a TED Talk and I don't give a poo poo about Roman Reigns or anything associated with him. I do like Cody but if we're being honest his story is "I need to win the one belt my (legendary superstar) wrestler dad never won (even though he won like every other belt that mattered)," which isn't as compelling as he thinks it is.

I certainly wish the idiots on social media going “oooooh this is cinema” at clips of Roman Reigns begging for acknowledgement like JEB! asking his crowd to applaud or Cody going “my daddy my daddy” would shut the gently caress up. “This is cinema.” The gently caress does that even mean, you clowns.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I haven't actively watched WWE since a couple months before AEW started. The last time I watched a clip was from Raw Underground because I heard it was unintentionally funny, which it was.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
I stopped watching main roster after the One Hour of Baron Corbin RAW, and stopped watching NXT after Velveteen Dream turned out to be a nonce.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I actively stopped watching after the first BloodMoney show. Even before that it was just embarrassing to be caught looking at.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vandar posted:

I don’t watch the WWE and I actively look down on anyone that does. There is far, far too much good wrestling out there to waste time and energy watching anything the rape factory / knee explosion factory puts out.

This goes double for people buying the video games still. They’ve barely improved and you’re just going to encourage them to keep making lovely games and also stop putting money in their pockets thanks.

The games are much better from everything I’ve read

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The games are much better from everything I’ve read

my issue with the wwe games is I don't know who anyone is and the storylines are all about learning how grateful you should be to be in the wwe.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
What is "wwe"? I don't even know!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

World Wildlife Entertainment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Majinfoose posted:

Isn't that what the thread is for?

No, you see I am cooler and fundamentally different than the other people posting about wrestling all day