Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Shard posted:

my issue with the wwe games is I don't know who anyone is and the storylines are all about learning how grateful you should be to be in the wwe.

I’ve heard that, but I never actually play the caw storylines so I dunno. I did play the recent John Cena Showcase mode where every match is one where Cena got his rear end kicked (spoiler), and I thought that was pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I actually installed a chip in my brain that blurs out the bad company logo and letters and induces a highly painful electro shock if I think too long about it. Posting in this thread was one of the most painful experiences of my life, but it was worth it so people know I don't watch the bad company

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Tato posted:

I actually installed a chip in my brain that blurs out the bad company logo and letters and induces a highly painful electro shock if I think too long about it. Posting in this thread was one of the most painful experiences of my life, but it was worth it so people know I don't watch the bad company

where can i get this procedure

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kofi won the title, and I stopped watching the day before his match with Brock Lesnar.

Dropped in to see Big E win it. That's it. Lmao Cody

bartok
May 10, 2006

I always thought it would be hard to quit watching WWE since I had been watching since the end of 1991 but damned if I didn't do it in 2018 because of the double whammy of not cancelling that second KSA show and bringing Hulk Hogan back. Honestly it was pretty easy to do because there is a lot of great wrestling out there and it's never been more easier to find. The only time I was tempted to comeback was the start of Kofimania because I've been Kofi fan since he was Jamaican Me Crazy on WWECW but glad I didn't because I would have been so pissed at myself for coming back to WWE just to see Kofi get chumped out to Brock on Smackdown.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just remember there was an episode of RAW and my wife pointed out how I was just angry for the whole episode and I realized she was right and just stopped watching next week. Like why make myself upset watching RAW every week

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The games are much better from everything I’ve read

They're the same every year, it's not like they changed the gameplay at all.

Oh you can throw weapons now...wow.

The showcases suck, they don't even add commentary like the old ones had atleast, it's generic rock music playing while you complete each spot.

Oh they added new qte match modes that are basically the same that you get tired of after 2 matches.

Oh they added a new camera angle...I guess that means it's good?

And there's a dlc pack with mcafee and his dumb friends.

:lmao: :lol:

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Well at least it isn't dick pics of Macafee and friends, which is how I read your comment the first time.

I guess people like me who don't watch wwe are too dumb to read, am i right?

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I have created a time machine to travel to an alternative timeline where WWE never existed. This will be my last post on Something Awful from your perspective, but know that I am going to a better place. I would take you all with me, but I can't risk tainting that beautiful world with knowledge of WWE's existence.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
i think it should be okay to not watch or support wwe but to watch royal rumble and wm on a borrowed peacock account

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

what's wwe

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

A miserable pile of secrets

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
i stopped watching regularly after wrestlemania 32 when it became apparent that roman's matches were going to be boring as gently caress on top

it's been 8 years lmao

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
The Roman Reigns era has lasted longer than Nitro

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

They're gonna call that period The Era of Relevancy because it sounds stupid as poo poo.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I stopped watching WWE when they went to Saudi Arabia the first time. It kind of seems like that was the perfect time to stop too because boy it seems like everything went to poo poo immediately after that/had been going to poo poo for a while.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTP_SdjD5ms&t=113s

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I haven't watched WWE since I was talked into watching the rumble a few years ago, and it was the worst wrestling event Id seen in my life.

Even watching it in a brewery didn't help.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

I think the last WWE thing I watched was the WM that had Bianca/Mercedes main eventing night one. I, being a moron, thought "Hey night one was actually pretty fun, maybe WWE is finally pulling its head out of its rear end".

Then I watched night two.

I do also own 2k19 but I bought that used from a local game store so all the profits went to them instead of 2k/the fed.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

that's fuckin crazy man

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

neoaxd posted:

that's fuckin crazy man

They invited him. It is not his custom to go where he is not wanted.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

MediaPlayerClassic posted:

i stopped watching regularly after wrestlemania 32 when it became apparent that roman's matches were going to be boring as gently caress on top

it's been 8 years lmao

Eight years? Lmao. The Shield split up in 2014 and they immediately began his push afterward. It's been a decade of this poo poo.

Hell the entire Shield existed after a point just to get the Roman push started, I'd argue we've been suffering from Romanitis for *over* a decade at this point.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

i dont watch wwe and kind of never have. i was a wcw kid, and it went belly up right as i entered high school and subsequently became very interested in everything else.

after graduation i got back into wrestling, but i remembered all the wwf guys and didn't want to watch them so my cooler friends showed me japanese rasslin and i was enthralled

i watched iwa and roh so i knew punk in 2011, and that match with cena was the first wwe match i really watched. i went to wm 30, and they lost me by 32 after the sting match and everything else

nxt black and gold was sick tho, ill still watch back that shinsuke v sami match

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Choom Gangster posted:

i dont watch wwe and kind of never have. i was a wcw kid, and it went belly up right as i entered high school and subsequently became very interested in everything else.

after graduation i got back into wrestling, but i remembered all the wwf guys and didn't want to watch them so my cooler friends showed me japanese rasslin and i was enthralled

i watched iwa and roh so i knew punk in 2011, and that match with cena was the first wwe match i really watched. i went to wm 30, and they lost me by 32 after the sting match and everything else

nxt black and gold was sick tho, ill still watch back that shinsuke v sami match

2013-2018 njpw is worth your time to seek out if you missed out, 2015-2017 specifically is probably the best in-ring to have occurred since 90s all japan.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

thank you! i was still watching then, some of it live even. i used to live in hong kong and wk12 in 2018 was my first time at the dome, good looking out. i almost entirely watch "lesser wrestling" indies, deathmatch, japan, mexico, stuff like that.

Choom Gangster fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Mar 19, 2024

bartok
May 10, 2006

zimbomonkey posted:

I stopped watching WWE when they went to Saudi Arabia the first time. It kind of seems like that was the perfect time to stop too because boy it seems like everything went to poo poo immediately after that/had been going to poo poo for a while.

I watched the first KSA show because I was ignorant about the whole sportswashing thing. I honestly thought it was just going to be a glorified house show and not going to lie they got me with the 50 man Royal Rumble. I might not have known what sportswashing was before the show but I sure did afterwards.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I accidentally turned on RAW one night and i saw Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch backstage in Gorilla making babies and one of the babies looked at me

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Didnt watch wwe today

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

the sex ghost posted:

Didnt watch wwe today

Hell yeah me neither, no idea WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED. 👀

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

hell yeah I didn't either *high fives all around*

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Really looking forward to not watching Wrestlemania

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I work with one guy who tells me what happened on WWE every week, but he's a real nice guy so I just respond with "oh yeah" and "wow that's crazy" until he runs out of gas. Another guy I work with likes to tell me Alex Jones has "a real good track record" so I spend most of my time yelling at him.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DangerDummy! posted:

I work with one guy who tells me what happened on WWE every week, but he's a real nice guy so I just respond with "oh yeah" and "wow that's crazy" until he runs out of gas. Another guy I work with likes to tell me Alex Jones has "a real good track record" so I spend most of my time yelling at him.

avoiding a potential friendship to engage in conflict with a wall.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Hey now, WWE guy and I also talk about cooking most of the day and dogs and whatnot. Alex Jones guy mostly just talks about gun control and how he can't get dates for some reason.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

We all ignore the anime pervert who wears Deadpool shirts every day.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I like your version of the Bear

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

what’s wwe

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Working on a new app for all my brothers and sisters here that need help remaining pure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

WWE more like

wee cause it’s piss