Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whomst!?
Hatters
Peacocks
Lancers
Hilltoppers
View Results

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Ground floor. Go Horns!

(The Horns will not go anywhere in the Men's tournament. They will probably go Sweet 16 or higher in the Women's.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I made a Men's bracket but I still gotta make a Women's one. And a lot more Men's ones.

Grey Cat posted:

I don't know anything about sport so have a bracket completely based on how much I liked (or even hated) a mascot to victory.

Women's coming soon.

Peacocks are cool, why you gotta hate on peacock birds?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Drunk Nerds posted:

5 years ago some guy fell ill and got hopped up on cold meds. He made a bracket, fell asleep, and didn't remember making the bracket at all... until a few days later when the NCAA called.

He had gotten all 48 games of the first two rounds right

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39752102/march-madness-perfect-bracket-gregg-nigl-ncaa-history

The odds of getting a perfect bracket are really, really astoundingly loving small. Depending on how predictably the games go based on poo poo like team stats and season records, they can range anywhere from about one in 120 billion to one in 9.2 quintillion. This is why so many people win bracket contests by just picking teams at random; there are so many random unpredictable factors that go into March Madness games that just looking at stats on paper is almost worthless.

Someone did the math in one of the SAS threads last year and you have a better chance of correctly guessing a working 16-digit debit card number AND the card's 3-digit security code out of thin air (assuming you somehow already know the exp date and PIN), using that card number to buy one Powerball ticket, and winning the Powerball jackpot with that ticket than you have of getting a perfect March Madness bracket.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Welp my first two teams lost (I loving knew BYU/Duquesne was gonna be a coin-toss), but I had them both losing in the next round anyway.

I need a Morehead State upset so bad.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 21, 2024

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Anderson Koopa posted:

Just a heads up, if you sign in with ESPN, it will display your real life name. Just go to the ESPN profile and change your name to something else if you don't want online people to have access to that.

Just another heads up, the ESPN name display appears to be loving up right now and showing peoples' old profile names instead of their current ones. So if you just changed the name on your profile yesterday or the day before, it may be showing whatever name was there before that now.

I think the goon bracket groups are unlocked, so if you don't want goons seeing the name on your profile, maybe consider removing your entry until the name display unfucks itself, and/or contact ESPN/Disney support.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 21, 2024

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Drunk Nerds posted:

And now random son is 8 for 8

I have one bracket that's 7 for 8, but it has both Longwood and Grambling pulling out upsets.

It also has James Madison and Samford in the Final Four.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'm genuinely surprised Texas is playing this good at the half. And that CSU isn't the potential cinderella I thought they might be.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I. M. Gei posted:

I'm genuinely surprised Texas is playing this good at the half. And that CSU isn't the potential cinderella I thought they might be.

nvm both of these teams are rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

One of my random brackets is 22 for 32 after this round, with 14 Sweet 16 teams and I think 7 Elite Eight teams still alive, plus an intact (albeit boring) Final Four.

I had another bracket yesterday that was in the top 99.9% in all of the biggest ESPN groups. I think it peaked somewhere around the top 500 in the SportsCenter group which has over 1.3 million brackets in it. Unfortunately it had St. Mary's winning it all, sooooooooo... yeah.