Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

theory: afqm didn't need to be the natureboy to counterclaim day 1 because zoya also claimed bigfoots identity in the same post. it was convenient to afqm to give the impression of being nature boy though and the real one wouldn't counterclaim if they knew afqm was bigfoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

sharkmafia posted:

yes, we were planning to do that, i was just getting the post ready

the scumteam is me, rwc, and yuming. don't shoot any of us. if you miss your first shot we'll vote with you to give you a second chance

God loving drat it. God drat you. I am setting up my crystals and I'm performing a hex

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

sharkmafia posted:

theory: afqm didn't need to be the natureboy to counterclaim day 1 because zoya also claimed bigfoots identity in the same post. it was convenient to afqm to give the impression of being nature boy though and the real one wouldn't counterclaim if they knew afqm was bigfoot

yeah, i can see this.

it's wine.

i'm thinking about it

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

moritz could also be bigfoot

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I think it’s Keats bf fancy nature boy tbh.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

shwinnebego posted:

okay so

scum is RWC, yuming, shark

fancy is natureboy

bigfoot is within: moritz, TPC, rhymes, and Keats

i meat moritz, tpc, & keats w/ fancy possibly in the mix

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

This whole time, shark is scum shark is scum shark a scum, yeah SURE TPC!!! Not like that could happen. I read deeply from the Tome of Your soul and nobody believed my truth. Meanwhile our tracker just contributes a list of everybody who's loving voted and shrugs. I'm losing my mind.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

yuming posted:

I think it’s Keats bf fancy nature boy tbh.

##capture Keats

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

shwinnebego posted:

moritz could also be bigfoot

this is possible, however I was roleblocked when targeting moritz night before last. this either means that hambeet jailed moritz (meaning moritz isnt bigfoot) or hambeet jailed me and i was very lucky to not die

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

well, or hambeet jailed me and moritz isnt bigfoot. i guess we'll see in a sec here

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

my gut is telling me that fancy is really natureboy and didn't do the gambit we're imagining

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Lmao, knew it was shark frim the start, no such thing as anti bigfoot town

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

sharkmafia posted:

this is possible, however I was roleblocked when targeting moritz night before last. this either means that hambeet jailed moritz (meaning moritz isnt bigfoot) or hambeet jailed me and i was very lucky to not die

if hambeet jailed you, then why did hambeet die?

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

because yuming killed him

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Pretty soon there's going to be no such thing as a town

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

the jailer this game doesn't self protect

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Tea Party Crasher posted:

This whole time, shark is scum shark is scum shark a scum, yeah SURE TPC!!! Not like that could happen. I read deeply from the Tome of Your soul and nobody believed my truth. Meanwhile our tracker just contributes a list of everybody who's loving voted and shrugs. I'm losing my mind.

??? I insisted shark was scum with RWC D1

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i did say at the jump that i thought this game was slanted against town, i still think that and i think this was a "hard mode" game for town

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

oh to be clear i was targeting moritz to janitor them, not perform the nk

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

sharkmafia posted:

oh to be clear i was targeting moritz to janitor them, not perform the nk

i see

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

also thats true but i think i had yall pretty well bamboozled with the rwc hard bus yesterday

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

??? I insisted shark was scum with RWC D1

Did you ever vote for shark? Did you ever try to advocate for a shark vote?

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
If only people could stick with me in voting out obvious scum RWC, but alas

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Scum is just talking around us They don't even give a gently caress lmao. But like a sad lmao

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Shark is filling scumchat with extreme bigfoot paranoia, RWC and Clo are trying to calm them down as we speak

lol

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I was sure yall were gonna kill me we even vanished my flip.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

scumchat is indeed filled with a great many words of me typing who i think bigfoot might be among other things

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

yuming posted:

I was sure yall were gonna kill me we even vanished my flip.

i do think i've been decent at reading you lately, not that i strongly wanted to kill scum this mae

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

If only people could stick with me in voting out obvious scum RWC, but alas

You were in lockstep with the person who I've been calling scummy this whole game (and was right about!) trying to lunch someone over three posts, rushing as hard as possible to get it over The finish line without any power roles chiming in. It stunk, and that's why I didn't want anything to do with it.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

shwinnebego posted:

Correct. Yuming is absolutely scum

##vote wologar on account of me not caring too much who scum

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

This is the most town rage I've ever experienced since playing this game tabletop in high school with my friends

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Tea Party Crasher posted:

This is the most town rage I've ever experienced since playing this game tabletop in high school with my friends

lol

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

cmon fool we're dyin here

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Apparently the pro scum tactic is to just make obvious scummy posts and blatantly swerve votes to protect each other, safe in the knowledge half of town would never find this suspect

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Though it really was busy early game and yesterday was my husbands bday so I did want to be more active but I was making Oyakodonburi okay!

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

i was wondering if shwinn had the same idea as me and it appears that he did

'fullclaim the scumteam and help the bigfoot hunter kill bigfoot, openly, in the thread' was too hilarious a line to not use

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming posted:

Though it really was busy early game and yesterday was my husbands bday so I did want to be more active but I was making Oyakodonburi okay!
I even asked for you guys to vote me twice I think. Cmon

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The battle between Clem and Bigfoot is one for the ages. Clem's boomstick blasts a hole in the foliage, but Bigfoot is already on him, grappling and throwing the redneck into a clearing. Clem recovers as Bigfoot steps into the ring of honor, the hairy giant striking a karate stance. The battle goes on for an excessively long time and Clem is eventually pinned down and on the edge of defeat but... Bigfoot suddenly goes crosseyed and flops to the ground, a tranquilizer needle stuck in his side. "You won't be lookin' at my pigs no more from a zoo cage!"

quote:

Bigfoot, played by Keats, has been captured Day 4!
Paranoid Feet Owner
If you are visited by any player during the night, that player’s night action fails and you eliminate them. This effect is involuntary and can occur any number of times per night.

You are a Third-Party Survivor: You win an orthogonal victory if you are alive when Scum are eliminated OR seize control of the vote.

quote:

Clem Kaboodle the Bigfoot Hunter, played by shwinnebago, leaves with his prize!
Cowardly Vigilante
Twice per game, as a night action, you may ##hide. On nights where you hide, all other night actions targeting you fail.
Once per game, as a day action, you may ##capture [target]. Your target is eliminated.

You are a Third-Party Executioner: You win an orthogonal victory and depart the game if Bigfoot is eliminated and you are not.

Scum seizes control of the vote!

Alex Price, the New Kid, played by TPC is endgamed
Issac Stewart, the Student Council President, played by tired moritz is endgamed
Archie Jones, the nature Boy, played by AFQM is endgamed

Scum victory!

The UFO blasts back off into space with its sample cells filled. The scene cuts to the abducted teens awakening from their cryopods in an unfamiliar location, bereft of aliens. They step out of the room, into the blinding light of... a high school? Students of a dozen alien species walk the halls, the humans just the newest addition to this intergalactic education station. To be continued in MY CLASSMATE WAS AN ALIEN 2: SPRING BREAK ON SATURN!

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

ah yeah, i was overthinking it. glad it was afqm+keats like we thought though. good shot shwinn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Congrats to scum. I don't think that was predominantly a setup issue lol. Nightcop should have been a stronger role given the threat of bigfoot, and maybe town could have used 1 more vanilla, but otherwise I thinkt hat was just a case of scum being able to successfully pawn off suspicion onto easy turbo targets.