Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Alarm Sounds followed by the attention please music over the intercom.

Attention all crew and passengers, This is the captain speaking! There has been a slight mishap involving the ice cream machine, and we are now making an emergency exit from hyperspace.

Several more explosions follow

Attention all hands. This is the Captain speaking. My attempts to fix the Ice cream machine has caused a slight catastrophic chain reaction. We are heading into orbit of a habitable world where we will orbit to make repairs!

More explosions, the sound of tearing metal and other not good sounds. Somehow the intercom music is still working as you see someone get sucked out into space as a bulkhead collapses.

Attention all hands. This is the captain. Apparently there was also a fault with the airfryer. I am now ordering all passengers and crew ot the escape pods - further emergency exits will appear wherever the ship breaks apart on impact! Good luck. I shall of course remain here to go down with the ship!

You make it to the nearest pod, other people cram in and the button is hit - as you spiral down towards the planet, you can see other pods and chunks of debris coming down around you.
This is not going to be a good day…

Welcome to Stranded - Alien dawn, a game about crash landing on an Alien world, then trying to survive waves of angry bugs and finally escape.

While this is a lot like many other games - Dwarf Fortress, Rimwolrd and the like, the world you land on is unknown - your survivors need to research and observe their surroundings to learn more about the world around them.

I've played some of this, but not completed it, so suggestions are always welcome.

In video one, I try and get the basics going - food and shelter - before the first wave of bugs comes in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I learn that infection is no joke in this game, and get to expanding my holding. food is a problem, as are the continuous hordes of bugs!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I saw that Ate Without Table moodlet you monster.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I wonder if "Ate a table" is also a moodlet. In any case this game looks interesting and I don't think I've ever seen it showcased before.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
This game has been on my wishlist for a while now. Nice to see it get some attention.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Things go poorly for the colony as things get cold - of course, losing Ember early has had some knock on effects....

The Lone Badger posted:

I saw that Ate Without Table moodlet you monster.

Cries in shame.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The new colony lands in a hot and unforgiving place - but still the bugs are here!

I've learned a lot from the last game, and let's see if we can get through without losing someone to infection!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGClAfnD90

Let's expand the colony - and people are coming in fast!

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

That youtube thumbnail is a work of art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

https://youtu.be/9dZ9OmnDnRA

I remember to put down a table!