Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

*Bolts upright from having a dog drink milk out of his mouth*

Holy poo poo, earwax tacos!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dan Snyder made me be in a sketch where I was Salad Tosser Boy and I stopped crime by making a quick tossed salad but I hated lettuce so I always thought the salad was soooo gross

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
The Nathan Fielder Review show is the only show to effectively use child actors and it was still hosed yo to watch

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

bobjr posted:

I always forget Gabriel Iglesias got his start on All That

The only sketch I remember him from was the one where he played Bill Clinton telling America that there was a shortage of the number 3.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
man, early 2000's era nick messed up a lot of kids.

I read Janette's autobiography, and the one story that really stuck out was when she was at one of the Kid's Choice awards and her bulimia was so bad that she was throwing up in a toilet and one of her molars fell out into the bowl.

Haven't listened to her podcast but I hope she ran far away from showbiz.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

N. Senada posted:

The Nathan Fielder Review show is the only show to effectively use child actors and it was still hosed yo to watch

I thought Wonder Showzen was pretty funny

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rad-daddio posted:

man, early 2000's era nick messed up a lot of kids.

I read Janette's autobiography, and the one story that really stuck out was when she was at one of the Kid's Choice awards and her bulimia was so bad that she was throwing up in a toilet and one of her molars fell out into the bowl.

Haven't listened to her podcast but I hope she ran far away from showbiz.
I’ve been meaning to pick up a copy, but good god. Guessing it’s grim all around.

Unfortunately lovely behavior isn’t limited to 2000s Nick because John K existed. I love Ren and Stimpy, my cat is partially named after Stimpy, but gently caress John K.

Semi-related, if anyone wants to learn more about the history of Nick, Pop Arena is a solid channel. It goes back to the late 70s and is currently at a really cool video about Clarissa Explains it All. Not weird nostalgia pandering either, but very engaging.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Well, I guess we found it: the good* wizard master post

e: or is pencilhands actually a different person, I can't keep the lore straight

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

He might have good lawyers but OTOH absolutely no one in the public will ever stick their necks out over any level of depravity without at least a book deal

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Goatse James Bond posted:

e: or is pencilhands actually a different person, I can't keep the lore straight

Pencilhands is a llm that was trained by wizard master in the arts of Mastery

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Wizard Master is one of pencilhands' parachute accounts

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

GetDunked posted:

I thought Wonder Showzen was pretty funny

I guess I’ll watch it then!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

N. Senada posted:

I guess I’ll watch it then!

You should!

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bonzo posted:

To me he's always going to be that fat computer guy from Head of the Class. He was creepy then too.

Him and Aarvid were going to make a fortune sneaking blue jeans into the Soviet Union.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

this is my only account

i believe noted SA moderator Seth Pecksniff has looked into the matter and backed me up here

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Bonzo posted:

To me he's always going to be that fat computer guy from Head of the Class. He was creepy then too.

He was creepy even back when he was Ricky in Better Off Dead. I’m not sorry that his mom blew up.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

pencilhands posted:

i believe noted SA moderator Seth Pecksniff has looked into the matter and backed me up here

dinahmoe posted:

He was creepy even back when he was Ricky in Better Off Dead. I’m not sorry that his mom blew up.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

You should!

everyone should watch wondershwozen. then watch final flesh. then watch the heart she holler.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

flubber nuts posted:

everyone should watch wondershwozen. then watch final flesh. then watch the heart she holler.

then watch neon joe: werewolf hunter HE-YUMP!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Junk posted:

then watch neon joe: werewolf hunter HE-YUMP!

i wish i was neon joe.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

flubber nuts posted:

Xavier, too
I haven't been able to find final flesh anywhere for years, I loving loved that awful movie

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I remember in the 2000s they made an X-TREEM reboot of Double Dare and I think this was just an extension of that maybe.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

emSparkly posted:

I remember in the 2000s they made an X-TREEM reboot of Double Dare and I think this was just an extension of that maybe.
Two different things I think, in fact I think the creepy Schneider one is post Double Dare 2000.

Source: I watched a lot of Double Dare 2000

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

emSparkly posted:

Double Dare was all about messy fun that would have definitely got your rear end kicked by mom and dad. It's like they saw fear factor and thought "What if we made Double Dare but miserable and humiliating"

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL
Starting "All Quiet on the Set"... ready for nostalgia meets psychological horror.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

There’s a documentary out about this right now called Quiet On Set. It’s about how Dan Schneider is disgusting.

It’s also about how pickle boy from all that molested drake from drake and Josh and had a pen pal relationship with John Wayne Gacy which he did not keep secret and no adult considered a red flag

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

WHAT?!?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
There's also two other child predators employed by Nickelodeon that get airtime

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
What i don't get is why didn't anyone above Dan Schneider call timeout on all his gross stuff that was making it to the final shows?

Was he the only one who made the final call, or did no one care because number go up?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I feel like this poo poo wouldn't have flown under Geraldine Laybourne but could be wrong

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

It’s a pretty wild true crime show. If you have Max I recommend it

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

It’s also about how pickle boy from all that molested drake from drake and Josh and had a pen pal relationship with John Wayne Gacy which he did not keep secret and no adult considered a red flag

I didn't exactly assemble this concept in my head while I was watching the documentary, probably because I was just preoccupied with feeling a part of my childhood die.

When you read it in a cohesive, summarized fashion like this it's even worse

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Who could have known?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

It really is a shame how Hollywood insiders move to protect “tortured geniuses” who hurt women and children just because they’re powerful and successful like All That’s Pickle Boy

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

It really is a shame how Hollywood insiders move to protect “tortured geniuses” who hurt women and children just because they’re powerful and successful like All That’s Pickle Boy

iirc the pickle guy wasn't really powerful or connected he just flew under the radar.

Drake's dad actually tried calling attention to the guy's behavior towards his son, and the crew called him homophobic and then the pickle guy began to manipulate Drake and drove a wedge between him and his father so he could have more control.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Matt Lauer always seems like a weird case to me. NBC protected him for so long and it's like... he's Matt Lauer. He's boring as gently caress. He's not some great talent. You could replace him in five seconds. It's not like he's Johnny Carson or something.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Rad-daddio posted:

iirc the pickle guy wasn't really powerful or connected he just flew under the radar.

Drake's dad actually tried calling attention to the guy's behavior towards his son, and the crew called him homophobic and then the pickle guy began to manipulate Drake and drove a wedge between him and his father so he could have more control.

He had James Marsden and Alan thicke write statements of character at his sentencing

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
poo poo yeah i forgot about that.

At least the mom from growing pains rolled back her statement once she found out about how bad he was.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Also, i think he got hired onto another set after he got out of jail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Rad-daddio posted:

Also, i think he got hired onto another set after he got out of jail.

Suite life of Zack and Cody where he went 3 episodes and then they laid him off when they learned he was a sex offender. Something they somehow did not learn before employment of a job that involved working with kids