Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

James Marsden noooooooooooooo

I’m sure Pickle Man was/is well-connected and had plenty of non-diddler relations amongst Hollywood types but it’s disheartening to see how much support he got (who knows how much they knew when they wrote their character letters though?). At least the mom from Growing Pains has since retracted her statement.

gently caress Lucy from Twin Peaks though, blaming the victim for being too tempting or whatever that poo poo was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’m blown away at Kimmy Robertson’s letter, girl what the gently caress!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Matt Lauer always seems like a weird case to me. NBC protected him for so long and it's like... he's Matt Lauer. He's boring as gently caress. He's not some great talent. You could replace him in five seconds. It's not like he's Johnny Carson or something.
Exactly! The only thing we miss about Matt Lauer is where in the world is Matt Lauer and the OG is totally fine by me!

Let Carmen Sandiego host the Today Show and let Al Roker be The Chief. Hoda can still be trashed by the third hour.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Didn't Mat Lauer have some weird beef with Ann Curry? Like he got her fired or something.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Pickle Man plays Scuz, the mohawk punk from Return of the Living Dead

when the Internet was like "what's up with all this sicko poo poo going on at Nickelodeon?" a few years ago, I found out he was second in command there as an Acting Coach, and I knew it ruined the movie for me

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
oh haha his Wikipedia page is a bit different since the last time I checked

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rad-daddio posted:

Didn't Mat Lauer have some weird beef with Ann Curry? Like he got her fired or something.
Not quite but the timing was extremely coincidental

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/ann-curry-reported-matt-lauer-sexual-harassment-in-2012

quote:

Ultimately, Curry ended up leaving that same year, though she hasn’t since clarified if her departure was linked to Lauer’s behavior. While sources revealed to People that Curry was ousted over poor ratings, to make matters all the more insulting, there was also a “lack of chemistry” with Lauer that was speculated to be the reason she was fired.

Also found out that Tom Brokaw got called out for some poo poo which, Christ, I feel…some sort of way.

E: oh come the gently caress on, I love Return of the Living Dead. gently caress!

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

all I can hope for is that something like Operation Yewtree will come out of this, but I'm skeptical that'll happen...

Metric Skeleton
Apr 6, 2006
NEVER

MrQwerty posted:

Xavier, too
I haven't been able to find final flesh anywhere for years, I loving loved that awful movie
https://vinegarsyndrome.com/products/final-flesh-agfa?variant=40117829730346

or for free! https://archive.org/details/finalflesh

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

It’s available for free? poo poo, I’m seeding it for nothing.

Metric Skeleton
Apr 6, 2006
NEVER

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It’s available for free? poo poo, I’m seeding it for nothing.
providing redundancy of supply is noble, friend. your contributions may be unsung but they are not nothing.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

It’s also about how pickle boy from all that molested drake from drake and Josh and had a pen pal relationship with John Wayne Gacy which he did not keep secret and no adult considered a red flag

I feel like I've been teleported in from the Bearenstein universe or something because I watched a ton of All That and have no memories of "Pickle Boy" whatsoever.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

teen witch posted:

I love Ren and Stimpy, my cat is partially named after Stimpy, but gently caress John K.
Which part of the cat?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bud from Salute Your Shorts has a brief appearance in T2.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Matt Lauer always seems like a weird case to me. NBC protected him for so long and it's like... he's Matt Lauer. He's boring as gently caress. He's not some great talent. You could replace him in five seconds. It's not like he's Johnny Carson or something.

You can't punish what you can't find. They had to start a worldwide manhunt for him every year

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Harald posted:

Bud from Salute Your Shorts has a brief appearance in T2.

I met Pinsky at a show because he is in the band Rilo Kiley and you could go and see Rilo Kiley perform which is what I did.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

The Moon Monster posted:

I feel like I've been teleported in from the Bearenstein universe or something because I watched a ton of All That and have no memories of "Pickle Boy" whatsoever.

I think that was actually from The Amanda Show, but it came out right around the time I aged out of the whole SNICK experience/my parents finally got a few more channels.

After watching Quiet on Set (which was very hosed) I'm glad the timing worked out like that.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

The Moon Monster posted:

All that was on for way longer than you watched it for. I stopped remembering it back in the lori beth denberg and keenan and kel days

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

It’s also about how pickle boy from all that molested drake from drake and Josh and had a pen pal relationship with John Wayne Gacy which he did not keep secret and no adult considered a red flag

I DVRed the Quiet On Set doc and haven't watched it yet, and posts like this keep making me want to watch it less. Jesus gently caress.

kntfkr posted:

All that was on for way longer than you watched it for. I stopped remembering it back in the lori beth denberg and keenan and kel days

All That ran for six seasons on Nickelodeon. Gabriel Iglesias joined the cast in season six, by which point most of the original and older cast members were gone.

I don't remember much about season six apart from Iglesias and a kid named Leon who I thought was funny sometimes. The rest of it was pretty unfunny and forgettable, although I think that was when Nickelodeon was getting taken over by Viacom so of course it sucked.

All That got a reboot on some third-tier cable channel around like 2010 or so that I think is still running, but I never cared enough to check it out. I assume it sucks.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Knormal posted:

Which part of the cat?
Raichu J. Cat, which I have used many times when he’s being a little bastard man

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I named two of my cats (who I raised from day-old kittens) after Kenan and Kel.

At the time the vet thought one of them was male and the other was female, so I named them Kenan and Kelly after that one episode where Kel dresses like a woman and they pretend to be married to get on a game show. Then a couple of months later the vet took another look and it turned out they were both female... but by that point the name "Kenan" had already stuck, so I took to calling that one "Miss Kenan" or "Miss Kiki".

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
They better say “awww here it goes” every time you walk in on them being mischievous

Semi related but I heard the Cousin Skeeter theme for the first time in decades and I knew every lyrics like a goddamn sleeper agent.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

burial posted:

I think that was actually from The Amanda Show, but it came out right around the time I aged out of the whole SNICK experience/my parents finally got a few more channels.

After watching Quiet on Set (which was very hosed) I'm glad the timing worked out like that.

My kids were at the age where Dan Schneider's shows were always on due to them being right after a block of SpongeBob SquarePants or some other cartoon so I sort of passively absorbed more that a few episodes.

On the series premiere episode of iCarly, the two main characters make fun of their teacher's "boobs" for a minute, and it made me do a double take bc that was a kids show.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

wizard2 posted:

oh haha his Wikipedia page is a bit different since the last time I checked

Scuz was a cool character but fuckin' yikes at all that.

Also from there I clicked Drake Bell's page because I have no clue who he is and it turns out he tried to nonce a 15 year old and meet her at one of his concerts and then I guess tried to cover it up by announcing a marriage :lol:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Internet Old One posted:

I have no idea how they could ever sign off on or fake being pecked by chickens.

don't bother faking it because it's not that bad?

chickens will peck you defensively / aggressively and that's not great. but they'll also peck at stuff when looking for food. that's more of a poke.

so if you have farm chickens that are used to being fed by people, anytime a person is around they'll come over and start pecking everything. including you. and chickens are very very stupid. so they peck your foot to answer the question "is this food?" and 10 seconds later ask the same question again.

it's not really painful. more "stop it you idiot bird!" than "ow!"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Is this thread about Weinerville?

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Klyith posted:

don't bother faking it because it's not that bad?

chickens will peck you defensively / aggressively and that's not great. but they'll also peck at stuff when looking for food. that's more of a poke.

so if you have farm chickens that are used to being fed by people, anytime a person is around they'll come over and start pecking everything. including you. and chickens are very very stupid. so they peck your foot to answer the question "is this food?" and 10 seconds later ask the same question again.

it's not really painful. more "stop it you idiot bird!" than "ow!"

don’t live chickens harbor salmonella and other nasty poo poo though?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Klyith posted:

chickens are very very stupid. so they peck your foot to answer the question "is this food?" and 10 seconds later ask the same question again.

They’re just like me

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

Stick Stickly did nothing wrong

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Bouillon Rube posted:

don’t live chickens harbor salmonella and other nasty poo poo though?

so take a shower after doing a chicken-based double dare? salmonella doesn't infect you just by contact. very few things do.

I'd wash my hands after interacting with the chickens on my uncle's farm. I'd also wash my hands after petting the goats or the barn cats.

(now, if I was dared to face an angry rooster on a TV show, my answer would be "hellllll no". gently caress roosters.)

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
It's the toxins produced by the bacteria that sicken you

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

do you think everyone's just full hazmat suits all the time on farms or rural areas where chickens often just kinda wander around loose touching everything

they probably did have to make the kids sign a waiver to certify that they wouldn't put on a geek show on air sure, much to society's detriment

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
my neighbor's chickens hang out in my yard and eat bugs. They're super chill, and even the rooster is laid back.

I don't think I have salmonella...yet.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Yard chickens generate a lot of chicken poop which generates a lot of flies

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Smugworth posted:

Yard chickens generate a lot of chicken poop which generates a lot of flies

They generate poop regardless of their location

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
It's cool that Brian Peck got that light sentence.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Pickles baby, pickles.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
According to the news, Drake Bell has seen that pickle guy around town with teens even after he got out of jail.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Animal-Mother posted:

It's interesting to step back and see how execs in the 90s saw stuff like that or Ren & Stimpy and just concluded "kids like GROSS poo poo" instead of thinking the shows themselves employed weird and gross things in a way that was fun.

Also that dumb 2000s phase where all kids media went "cartoons?! Hah, Live Action is where it's at, baby!"

And then Adventure Time ate their lunch.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Was Weinerville a gross out show? I remember it being a very tame puppet show with public domain cartoons and a couple of variety acts.

It has just the slightest amount of edge of the puppets being various loud new York type guys and girls. And a skeleton dinosaur that's like a proto-strong bad type of character but much less interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

Weinerizing children is innocent and pure... probably