Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

redshirt posted:

Question for the X-Men experts: In issue XXXX Wolverine was absolutely obliterated, but was able to eventually regenerate just from a small remainder of skin and blood. While I accept that as possible, how was the admantium regenerated to cover his skeleton? Since it's not natural to his body. Thanks.
are you talking about when he survived hiroshima, or when horde killed him, or when he and jean were crashing into the sun, or when nitro blew up directly in his face and melted all the flesh off his body, or the time he survived a point-blank nuclear blast in an issue of venom?

hiroshima pre-dated the adamantium skeleton, he only survived because he was well outside of the immediate blast radius. with nitro, his skeleton was fine and he regenerated from tissue that was shielded from the blast inside of his skull, so he grew back around it. that time with the sun he actually didn't burn too bad before he got out of there, because he mercy-killed jean and that re-awakened the phoenix force and she saved him, when horde killed him he was supercharged by the crystal of ultimate vision and basically had god powers for a minute
if you're talking about that issue of venom, that was because daniel way is epic

ahh ooh owwww, the nuclear explosion, it almost burned my t-shirt off haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

poo poo and here I thought X-Men was a magazine that took itself serious

:thanks:

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Cubone posted:

are you talking about when he survived hiroshima, or when horde killed him, or when he and jean were crashing into the sun, or when nitro blew up directly in his face and melted all the flesh off his body, or the time he survived a point-blank nuclear blast in an issue of venom?

hiroshima pre-dated the adamantium skeleton, he only survived because he was well outside of the immediate blast radius. with nitro, his skeleton was fine and he regenerated from tissue that was shielded from the blast inside of his skull, so he grew back around it. that time with the sun he actually didn't burn too bad before he got out of there, because he mercy-killed jean and that re-awakened the phoenix force and she saved him, when horde killed him he was supercharged by the crystal of ultimate vision and basically had god powers for a minute
if you're talking about that issue of venom, that was because daniel way is epic

ahh ooh owwww, the nuclear explosion, it almost burned my t-shirt off haha

what about the time The Incredible Hulk tore him in two pieces? Did both pieces regenerate? Where's Butt Wolverine?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

what about the time The Incredible Hulk tore him in two pieces? Did both pieces regenerate? Where's Butt Wolverine?

That was in the original Ultimate universe. Different rules.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Lammasu posted:

That was in the original Ultimate universe. Different rules.

yeah, that wolverine lived like a chump and died like a chump

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

the admantium was magnetically bound to the x-factor in wolverine’s dna. that’s why he survived the weapon x project, why it grew back, and why only magneto was able to truly separate wolverine from his unbreakable skeleton

From my many watches of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, this does not check out.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

redshirt posted:

From my many watches of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, this does not check out.

i was just doing what comic books do and making it up as i went along

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

TrashMammal posted:

i was just doing what comic books do and making it up as i went along

That does check out.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I once saw someone ask a serious question; "Who would win in a fight between Superman and Wolverine?"

It turned into a serious debate. I didn't involve myself but kept asking who was the sexiest comic book character. Somebody called Mr. Scolex said "It's me, I am." Apparently he wrote for independent comics. I looked at his profile pic. He wore his coat zipped up past his nose and was carrying a handpuppet around in public - Mr Garrison style.

Yahoo chatrooms, riveting stuff.

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

Jean also knew about Charles' plan to fake his death and didn't say anything.

I misread that as "Jesus" and it was the most excited I've been about X-Men in 20 years.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*spins chair around backwards and sits down* You know who else was shunned and hated for his superhuman powers

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Valko posted:

I once saw someone ask a serious question; "Who would win in a fight between Superman and Wolverine?"

It turned into a serious debate. I didn't involve myself but kept asking who was the sexiest comic book character. Somebody called Mr. Scolex said "It's me, I am." Apparently he wrote for independent comics. I looked at his profile pic. He wore his coat zipped up past his nose and was carrying a handpuppet around in public - Mr Garrison style.

Yahoo chatrooms, riveting stuff.

"Who would win in a fight" is one of the foundation discourses in comic book lore

Vakal
May 11, 2008

I appreciate how they fixed Gambit's intro by having him do a staff twirl instead of just cutting after doing the awkward flip.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Grey Cat posted:

I didn't watch the first one so I probably won't watch a new one.

Just watch this collection of Apocolaypse lines and you've seen the best parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vakal posted:

Such a lovely voice....

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Lord Harbor posted:

I misread that as "Jesus" and it was the most excited I've been about X-Men in 20 years.

Jesus is in canon a mutant.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Lammasu posted:

Jesus is in canon a mutant.

True story:

I tried this argument with my youth pastor in 1986 and he wasn't having it. You'd have thought I called Jesus the F word for something and I felt really bad. A few weeks after my shop had a copy of God Loves, Man Kills and after reading that, I realized it was bullshit and never went to church again.

And then they took that beautiful graphic novel and made that horrible movie. sigh.....

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Did they get Alyson Court back to voice Jubilee?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Bonzo posted:

And then they took that beautiful graphic novel and made that horrible movie. sigh.....

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
wait, they got the original voice actors back? aren't they super old by now?

I looked up a clip and yes, yes they are. lol

I guess it's probably more accurate to the characters' original canonical ages

_____!
May 2, 2004

But the real question is can I get a VHS of it at Pizza Hut? (The weird guy in a trenchcoat out back just off the property doesn't count (not Gambit, I'd buy bootlegs from him))

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I wouldn’t, I heard that guy’s a dirty mutant.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I wouldn’t, I heard that guy’s a dirty mutant.

But at least he's not bisexual.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Is the animation better in the new series or are they still grabbing people off the streets to do the tweening?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wifi Toilet posted:

Is the animation better in the new series or are they still grabbing people off the streets to do the tweening?

Animation's a lot better since they streamlined the character models, sound work is worse for some reason, everything's soft and quiet and the powers have no impact. Basically an inversion of the original series.

e: apparently this is a me problem, it's fine in surround sound but gets really flattened and muted in stereo.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Mar 22, 2024

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I no longer need cartoons to explain Neurodiverse behavior because I’m an adult and know people don’t get super powers they just get trauma.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

how can you be a goblin queen when you ain’t got no goblins to lord over? makes no drat sense at all :orks:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

you're a goblin who is a lord, this isn't rocket science

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
Magneto was right

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

you're a goblin who is a lord, this isn't rocket science

yes, but what if you’re an already smoking redhead who just went through a goth glowup?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

TrashMammal posted:

how can you be a goblin queen when you ain’t got no goblins to lord over? makes no drat sense at all :orks:

Tough crowd. Not one of them laughed after that absurd line.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i think x-man is a pretty cool guy eh kills robots and doesnt afraid of anything

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Maybe this will change, but it's really weird that this is serialized.

In the span of a few days, they got a new x-man, magneto is boss, storm lost her powers, a Jean gray clone showed up, they had a kid, fought mastermold and mr. sinister.

It feels like this weird speed run of X-men stuff from the comics.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Vakal posted:

lol Apocalypse’s laser sounds are just straight-up Lucasfilm lightsaber sound effects

Crump Rocknubs
Sep 14, 2007

Maybe grind on some shit.

Valko posted:

Somebody called Mr. Scolex said "It's me, I am." Apparently he wrote for independent comics.

that sounds like something jhonen vasquez would say, yeah.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hazo posted:

lol Apocalypse’s laser sounds are just straight-up Lucasfilm lightsaber sound effects

Where do you think they got them from!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

We had an english kid come to our american elementary school and we were playing X-men and he told us all that he "wanted to be X man" and we laughed and laughed at him.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I hope they cover issues 555-583 where karlsmagh steals the orb of light. always felt that would be cool in a movie or tv show

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Lord Harbor posted:

Jesus is an X-Man with the X rotated a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Wolverine and the Xmen was cool, they should do another season of that. Is Wolverine still a big enough draw to headline a show? Maybe they need to update it to Forge and the Xmen or something.