Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

I appreciate how they fixed Gambit's intro by having him do a staff twirl instead of just cutting after doing the awkward flip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Grey Cat posted:

I didn't watch the first one so I probably won't watch a new one.

Just watch this collection of Apocolaypse lines and you've seen the best parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Did they get Alyson Court back to voice Jubilee?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Bonzo posted:

And then they took that beautiful graphic novel and made that horrible movie. sigh.....

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Disco Pope posted:

I thought it, and Spider-Man, were pretty ugly shows at the time, but '97 looks quite nice.

It also didn't help that the 90's X-Men cartoon was produced by Haim Saban who was a cheap rear end in a top hat who paid the lowest amount he could to contractors and VA's to get the show made so he could pocket the remainder.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
On the topic of the golden age of the X-Men, there's a channel at does straight forward issue-by-issue summaries of big comic events.

Here's 2 hours of Age of Apocalypse if that's your jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2yrJ7I8IuA

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Strong Rogue best Rogue.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

He pushes himself off of various mineral deposits and such in the earth.

There's a reason he wears a big metal diaper.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Stunt-Puffin posted:

Just imagine the milk of Magneto runnin' down them cum gutters as he rides his metallic plug through the sky!

This made me remember my first experience with the X-Men which was from a Cracked magazine parody.

In it the Ex-Lax Men battled Milk of Magneto who beat them by giving them all the shits.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Cornwind Evil posted:

The whole 'master of magnetism' and him going to metal for his basic offense makes one forget that his power is not magnetism, it's ELECTROMAGNETISM. One of the four fundamental forces of the universe electromagnetism. With that, Magneto can control electrons. You know what has electrons? Everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjuWKAMAlQU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

Now that there's no malls anymore, what does Jubilee do all day if there's no supervillains to deal with? Is she a Twitch streamer now?

Busy being a vampire I think.

So whatever they do.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The most interesting thing about this show to me so far is that it's firmly set in the period of time where Wolverine was just the lay about, dead-beat brother-in-law that hung around the house and drank other people's beer all day. He never solves any of the X-Men's problems and rarely has meaningful input on whatever topic they are discussing. At best he is more like a guard dog that keeps an eye on the mansion and the younger X-Men while the adults are away.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

thin blue whine posted:

exactly. back when Wolverine was ACTUALLY cool.

Like most things in my life, I blame Hugh Jackman. Following the first X-Men movie in 2000 was when they started to make Wolverine less squat, hairy and dumb and by like 2010 he was firmly the poster boy for the X-Men and the leading member of like half a dozen teams across Marvel.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Also, Spider-Man!

No screen flashing spider-sense though. poo poo cartoon, 0/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Random Stranger posted:

They're not "seasons" in the sense of prime time TV. Syndicated kids cartoons had all sorts of weird episode purchases, usually focused on 13 week periods. So a weekday show would get 65 episodes for a "season" and then they might sell that fornfour or five years. Or something shown on weekends would get a thirteen episode order. And then if a show was a big hit in syndication then they might refresh the episodes every few years but not necessarily with another big order. Maybe twenty episodes. And sometimes they might just make five episodes for a weekly strip or something moving from weekends to week days might get an abreviated order. Kids entertainment was disposable and the production stuff was weird as a result.

Even stranger was with shows like Darkwing Duck or the Beetlejuice cartoon where they were making unique episodes for two different networks to air at the same time.