Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I will wait for the inevitable "Previously, on X-Men..." YouTube video that's just random out of context things from each episode that make the show seem like it's batshit insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

redshirt posted:

What's the odds of them doing the Dark Phoenix arc?

Exactly 0 because they already did it in the 90s show that this one is a sequel to.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

redshirt posted:

Oh cool it's a sequel, I thought they were just remaking it.

Yeah, that's the reason why it's called X-Men '97, because it picks up right where the old cartoon ended in 1997.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

redshirt posted:

I only read the comics in the 80s, I never saw the show. I was too cool in the 90's, man.

I watched the 90s show on and off when it was airing, mainly because it came on at like 9AM on a Saturday and I have always even as a kid been a lazy poo poo who likes to sleep in, but it was one of those shows that didn't feel like it ever talked down to kids and confronted some real heavy poo poo in like nearly exact words. Hell, Professor X bends Magneto into submission once by forcing him to psychically relive the Holocaust. And while they don't show any overt Holocaust imagery, there's enough context clues there that even children are like "OH gently caress THAT'S THE HOLOCAUST, WHAT ARE YOU DOING CHARLES?!"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Internetjack posted:

Wasn't there a storyline in the show or comic that had Wolverine and Jubilee together on their own? I remember that even as a kid I thought it had a mild pedo vibe to it.

I remember the first X-Men movie by Bryan Singer paired up Wolverine and Rogue together in a Lone Wolf and Cub relationship for most of its arc. There wasn't anything creepy about that relationship though, which is ironic given that Singer himself was a creeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jelly posted:

true for the first episode imo, which I feel was a throwback

the second episode feels like a transition into a newer, better thing

show rules and magneto is based af

fashion choices are incredible

Yeah, I've only seen a couple clips of 97, but the part where Magneto's in front of the UN going "I am trying to a be a better person, and even though you literally just showed me why I was right to be a villain in the first place and you're not worthy of my trust, I'm going to keep trying to be better, and if you give me a reason to end your asses then that's purely on you" was loving baller.