Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

nine-gear crow posted:

I will wait for the inevitable "Previously, on X-Men..." YouTube video that's just random out of context things from each episode that make the show seem like it's batshit insane.

Previously, on X-Men... posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Hey, remember Wolverine and the X-Men? That was a pretty good show.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

im glad jubilee is still in it because as a useless mutant it's nice to see useless mutants included in things

I may be misremembering, but can't she basically control mass on the molecular level and is just repressing her own powers? Or am I thinking of Gambit?

itry fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 21, 2024

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Grey Cat posted:

Kinda how I'm feeling, this superhero stuff has been so saturated for the last 20 years I was already kinda burnt out after ironman 2 and there's been FORTY FIVE marvel movies since then, that's not even an exaggeration.

Luckily I've ignored 95% of that direct-to-video sludge, so I can check out this 90's callback without any fear of OD'ing.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Grey Cat posted:

For sure, I haven't seen 95% of whatever marvel has pushed to theater the last 15 years. I can definitely see the appeal of the new cartoon at least, it's styled to be pretty nostalgic and looks nothing like new marvel stuff.
Much more reminiscent of old comic books and Saturday cartoons.

Yeah, it's far removed from w/e the current Marvel style appears to be. Making it a direct continuation of the old cartoon was a good call.

Edit:

Previously, on X-Men... posted:

itry fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 21, 2024

itry
Aug 23, 2019

TrashMammal posted:

how can you be a goblin queen when you ain’t got no goblins to lord over? makes no drat sense at all :orks:

Tough crowd. Not one of them laughed after that absurd line.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

d'Artagnan was a mutant? :aaa:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Last episode was something alright :okpos:
A radical 90's pastiche.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Gavok posted:

Not today's episode, no.

Summing up the most recent episode: :piss:

Edit: I assume we'll be seeing some time travel in future episodes trying to undo, or at least mitigate, that absolute clusterfuck. It's probably based on an established comic run, but I don't read them.

itry fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 10, 2024

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I'm enjoying the show but everything feels quite sudden and out of nowhere. Where is the huge episodes spanning arc? Bam episode 3 and Jean Grey is a clone, bam next episode RIP Gambit, next episode Professor X is alive! Etc

It's very much like the original, in that sense. Edit: The longest arc it had was 5 episodes, I think.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

TrashMammal posted:

how’d he afford all those tactical snacks? has any x-man ever worked a day in their life?

Morph transforms into a mall ATM, waiting to be reloaded with cash.

Anyway, last episode was cool. Not good, but cool.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Sounds like you could split the second season into two and pretend it's S2 and S3, if that's easier for you to watch, Cubone.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

All I remember from Gargoyles is a big gargoyle guy jumping off of tall buildings. And a journalist lady. At least I think she was a journalist. Don't remember any bitches.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say... why?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

TrashMammal posted:

there was that elf dude. catty as hell

Huh, wild. I don't remember any elves at all.

Edit:

Lammasu posted:

So is it just me or is Morph OP as all hell? Like what are the limits of his powers? Does he have to have met the person who's powers he mimics? How long can he hold a single form? I need answers.

His limits are whatever the current writer wants them to be probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Rubber Chicken posted:

That is Puck and voiced by Brent Spiner

They went deep into the Shakespeare well

Neat. Looking at the credits on imdb, there are a lot of familiar names and faces. And lots of Trek people. That show was stacked.