Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I didn't watch the first one so I probably won't watch a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

deoju posted:

The show's good imo.

They introduce the characters really well and the story and premise are not complicated. You'd understand everything just fine watching it even if you'd never seen a single x-men thing before. Whether or not you'd like it is a matter of taste though.

I've seen a few clips of the old show and a few of the live action movies from the 2000s. I also played a bunch of the marvel vs capcom arcade cabinet at my old job.

I honestly only remember a few of the characters but maybe I'll check it out if it's not particularly lore knowledge necessary.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

NoiseAnnoys posted:

I am too old for kids’ cartoons now op

Cartoons bad! Mowing the lawn good.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

dr_rat posted:

Cartoons about mowing the lawn neutral?

Yes, I, an adult, approve these cartoons for viewership.

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 21, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Kinda how I'm feeling, this superhero stuff has been so saturated for the last 20 years I was already kinda burnt out after ironman 2 and there's been FORTY FIVE marvel movies since then, that's not even an exaggeration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

itry posted:

Luckily I've ignored 95% of that direct-to-video sludge, so I can check out this 90's callback without any fear of OD'ing.

For sure, I haven't seen 95% of whatever marvel has pushed to theater the last 15 years. I can definitely see the appeal of the new cartoon at least, it's styled to be pretty nostalgic and looks nothing like new marvel stuff.
Much more reminiscent of old comic books and Saturday cartoons.