Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Captain Hygiene posted:

The old one was good dumb fun, it's been a while since I was this vaguely interested in an upcoming Marvel property :f5h::effort:

The new one is trying to be a bit more serious. Still on the fence about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Maybe this will change, but it's really weird that this is serialized.

In the span of a few days, they got a new x-man, magneto is boss, storm lost her powers, a Jean gray clone showed up, they had a kid, fought mastermold and mr. sinister.

It feels like this weird speed run of X-men stuff from the comics.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Saltpowered posted:

This is true to the original series. The first season of the original show had sentinels, master mold, apocalypse, juggernaut, genosha, a version of days of future past, and a fake mutant cure.

It got crazier from there with season 2 having shadow king, mister sinister, omega red, alpha flight, savage land, cable, rogues origin story, and mojo world.

The show didn’t start long arcs until season 3 when they started doing the phoenix sagas.

There’s years of stories crammed into a single season.

Right. What I mean is all the stuff I mentioned transpired over a couple of days, which is a weird choice.